• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Guys, I have something to say after perusing the Zelda forums. First, is that it's fun how bubbly this community is. It is a nice breath of fresh air after the constant plans of actions to take over the world(that usually succeed btw) with my fellow Gerudo Brethren and the Hard Stuck Veterans who suffered through many battles and losses with Link. Now, your community isn't better, merely different, and I can appreciate each one for different reasons. Now for what I need to say. A lot of you have already given up on Zelda. Grow up! You are supposed to represent a noble queen do you not? Act Like It! I'm not talking about the bubbly fun this community has, but of this community's moaning and groaning of Zelda being bad! I mained Link and Ganondorf during both Melee and Brawl. Was I constantly complaining? No! I wasn't. When Smash 4 came out, we got our hands of Ganondorf, and instead of claiming Ganondorf bad, we reveled in his excellence! Sakurai still kept the flaws of Ganondorf but instead of complaining, we used it to our advantage. We stayed optimistic, we worked with him! Not only did we see success in tournaments, but we also fulfilled the pride of our master! Link mains have also seen success with their courage! So buck up! Quit complaining and work with her! Being a Ganondorf main, having an insane punish game, I see the same potential in Zelda as we saw in Ganondorf. Work with her, quit complaining, I will also do the same with my journey to collect the triforce. Be a true rival to my lord instead of cowering and mumbling in despair! Be strong for your people, as Hyrule is supposed to have a strong princess, yes? Quit being a laughingstock to the Gerudo and show just how powerful Hylians are!
Well we do kinda try...it's just that I feel like we don't have much to work with sometimes. And being a bad character ever since her inclusion doesn't help either. I think the pessimism is especially bad this time because we were all hoping for something good to happen, but things actually got worse with her dumb nerfs.
Oh, and I hope you're smoothly recovering from your concussion. I can't imagine what it must be like to suddenly lose motor skills...

Anyways, Happy Holidays everyone! Drive safe and all if you have to!

Now which one of Zelda's pallet swaps is the most festive...

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Merry Christmas everyone, I know some of you already are the 25th, it's in 3 hours for me !

Hope you have a nice time ! ^^

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Merry Christmas to us Zeldas in that that Sakurai interview where he stated "No more patches" was mistranslated slightly! Apparently, he simply "Has no plans" to do another patch, instead of it isn't happening, it's, It might happen if Sakurai can just see that Zeldurp need balancing.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Hey at least we can start fishing for kills at 60%~

Also, happy holidays, guys!! :D

Alphatron

Smash Champion
That is my favorite brawl in the family comic. Holy crap, I love it.

Mega Man is fun as ****. He was the one character I constantly wondered why people were calling bad when the game first came out. He doesn't seem bad at all.

I love Christmas and everything, but as soon as Thanksgiving is over, my mom turns on the radio and plays Light fm for the entire month of December. There are only so many Christmas Carols you can listen to for 8 hours a day over and over again. I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, so I don't complain about it. But I'm pretty sure I've memorized the lyrics to Jingle Bell Rock and a few others by now.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Oh Well what didn't u like about kirby?

Oh everyone I somewhat picked up zelda. Cuz I picked up sheik
I'm not used to his jumps, and don't like how short they all are. I don't think Kirby really lands KOs without some kind of hard read and has no real answer to campy players and projectile games.

I really have to choose a character soon. I'm falling behind because I haven't put in very much time in any one character.

Last edited:

micstar615

Smash Ace
Do you guys think Diddy is better or worse than Fox was in melee? I've been seeing a lot of Diddy's and I'm already tired of watching him

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Do you guys think Diddy is better or worse than Fox was in melee? I've been seeing a lot of Diddy's and I'm already tired of watching him
NO ONE, can out do the statistically broken Melee Fox/Falco. Except MAYBE Brawl MK, but I don't think so. SSB4 Diddy hardly comes anywhere close to Brawl MK.

That said, it IS rather disheartening when you see a Diddy win a match VS Nairo with two UAir KOs.

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Both are beatable. Fox is way better imo. He has lasers, shine, combos, and kills me at 90%.

Salad Bowl

Banned via Warnings
NNID
SaladBowl41
I'm not used to his jumps, and don't like how short they all are. I don't think Kirby really lands KOs without some kind of hard read and has no real answer to campy players and projectile games.

I really have to choose a character soon. I'm falling behind because I haven't put in very much time in any one character.
It's okay if don't like him but lemme say that he actually has little problems with killing. A dair to dsmash is all it takes and a good punish. He can crouch under most projectiles which help and his Nair clanks with all of them. Campy well, he can chase them and and pressure but whatever main U decide, good luck to Ya. I tried to main zelda but her mobility kills me.

micstar615

Smash Ace
I'm not too familiar with the melee scene but I am aware of the MK fiasco from Brawl, I'm glad to see Diddy isn't as polarizing, he's still really boring to watch with his easy combos and brain dead UAir :/ why can't Zelda have a UAir like that

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I was just watching some past vids of myself... can't play Melee before any other smash game. Makes me go for kicks all the time in the other games :(

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
That feeling when you've caught up on 10 pages in the Zelda social.

And then you realize you'll be away for another few hours only to be left behind another 20 pages.

So. My highlights of the discussion.

-Subcontinental cuisine is the sh*t. Best ever. I'll sorely miss my mother's cooking.

-Don't see any real problem with the husbando talk, as a straight *gasp* conservative male (though I suppose some would consider me effeminate, due to a phase I had in my senior year when I wore eyeliner that was VERY LIGHTLY APPLIED). I'd gush over Ike and Male Wii Fit Trainer all day, just for kicks.

-Diddy Kong can eat poo. I get a kick out of Diddy bandwagoners complaining of how everyone hates them. I've always wondered how Sheik never seems to get hate. Which is great, Sheik is one of my secondaries.

-I'm 5'10," 165 lbs. I played starting cornerback on my high school football team. I wasn't good enough to receive a scholarship to a Division I university, but I was in the top 30 defensive players in New Jersey during my junior/senior years.

-My fiancee and I can't wait to have kids. Which makes my (and her) parents extremely happy.

That is all.

BE BACK SOON <33

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
That feeling when you've caught up on 10 pages in the Zelda social.

And then you realize you'll be away for another few hours only to be left behind another 20 pages.

ME. TOTALLY ME.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
incoming Debbie downer wall of text :v

The reason I am all on the Zelda is bad train is because I feel like the amount of effort I have to put in to do well with her is far to much to be reasonable. I wasn't even asking for alot of buffs from brawl because she wasn't really that bad it was all in the engine. Now she's in probably the best engine for her and they take everything from her for no real explained reason.

alot of my wins in roll glory come from me reading my opponent or being flat out better but in an evened out setting I don't feel like that will hold up. Every action taxes my brain alot and I feel like she's not worth the effort. in the end, ganon at least knows he needs 5 hits to kill people, Zelda needs 10 perfectly spaced moves to do the same.

now I await my bottom tier kingdom where I can rule unopposed and unbothered.

Salad Bowl

Banned via Warnings
NNID
SaladBowl41
This whole thread in a nut shell

Zelda complaints
Sakurai hates zelda
Fsmash sucks
Deep topics
Random topics
Candys peptalks
Me and fugin trying to get U guys to switch mains

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Salad I don't think anyone will switch to Kirby :'D so I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you.

Merry Christmaas....

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Count me on the Zeldawful in bottom tier train.

But at least we have teams! Unless you don't play doubles, in which case good luck

Kyle B

Smash Cadet
Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Argghh, my sister is infuriatingly good at this game, and she's not even campy or cheap. I wish that part of the family heritage had rubbed up on me :'(

Kyle B

Smash Cadet
Argghh, my sister is infuriatingly good at this game, and she's not even campy or cheap. I wish that part of the family heritage had rubbed up on me :'(
My little brother is good 20% of the time, the other 80% I mutilate his character, he IS spammy, so I get enough exp in that department.
In brawl he would just Snake jab me all day.....no fun the thing kills so easy.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
How to even beat Mario players who use that same D-throw -> Utit -> Uair, and then proceed to throw random dash attacks and smash attacks over and over again? It's really depressing to find that kinda player on FG, and then you just lose miserably. :ccccc

Top Bottom