• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Zelda Q & A / FAQs / Directory ~

Fuujin

Smash Champion
I'm not concerned with the title of who's best, that's pretty subjective, it just bothered me that some people are placed in the tournaments results thread who it seems pretty obviously didn't use much Zelda with research.
I'm more concerned with if these results have in the past actually gone torwards her placing on the tier list.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Well, tier list is a matter for the BBR, not here.

& the tourney results thread specifically asks for people to note when they didn't go all Zelda, so how much people used her isn't an issue...... as for how "legit" the tournies are, what does it matter? It's just a place to list results. Doesn't mean anything or rank anybody or anything.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Well, that's a matter for the BBR, not here.

& the tourney results thread specifically asks for people to note when they didn't go all Zelda, so how much people used her isn't an issue...... as for how "legit" the tournies are, what does it matter? It's just a place to list results. Doesn't mean anything or rank anybody or anything.
I sorta thought we could have the Zeldas that have actually placed well with Zelda sort of store their information there so people could inquire what techniques/strategies they used to get that ranking.
Though if like you said hardly anyone uses her for anything other than a pocket character for noobs or as a kill move then it's not really possible. It would be nice to know I'm not the only person out there placing well with Zelda in big tournaments without having to resort to another character.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Fuujin, are you looking to achieve something?

Serious Question
Just questioning the accuracy of the tournament results thread and trying find out if they really are other people out there using Zelda in large tournaments doing well.
When I walk into a thread that has 2nd out of 70 at free tournament I wonder if I should even take the thread seriously.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Just questioning the accuracy of the tournament results thread
It's accurate enough for what its purpose is.

and trying find out if they really are other people out there using Zelda in large tournaments doing well.
No.

There ya go. =D

Also, I'd define "doing well" as placing in the money and/or beating notable players, so how well are you really doing?

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Just questioning the accuracy of the tournament results thread and trying find out if they really are other people out there using Zelda in large tournaments doing well.
When I walk into a thread that has 2nd out of 70 at free tournament I wonder if I should even take the thread seriously.
Fair enough, and I don't mind results such as those being questioned. As far as having an effect on anything when it comes to the tier list, I believe it does, BUT, as a 'free' tourney, it probably doesn't have much weight at all vs. any pot tourney.

I really can only speculate in the manner because I'm not in control of any of that.

Fuujin

Smash Champion

Also, I'd define "doing well" as placing in the money and/or beating notable players, so how well are you really doing?

Lol you show how often low tiers make money in tournaments that arent filled with scrubs.
Hell show me the last time a Zelda beat someone notable in a tournament that wasn't low tier.
I'm not saying I do incredible but it's no doubt I do "well" for Zeldas placement.
Especially considering I've only been playing offline like 3 months and only been to 5 tournaments.
We are talking just tournaments right?
I've beat notable players in friendlies at times but I don't count those.
Also define notable.
Notable in my region and notable in your region are two different things and I've only been to 1 national.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I beat Candy's MK with Zelda in tourney.......
Riot recently took 3rd in a singles tourney and is back on the NE PR
DM still handles most of HI when he uses Zelda.
Jujux performed excellent at BBI2 and almost beat kaak and gluttony.

Remembered another one lol.
Ven beat FOW's Ness and forced him to go MK at the tourney X lost to m2k 3-2

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Lol you show how often low tiers make money in tournaments that arent filled with scrubs.
Hell show me the last time a Zelda beat someone notable in a tournament that wasn't low tier.
I'm not saying I do incredible but it's no doubt I do "well" for Zeldas placement.
Especially considering I've only been playing offline like 3 months and only been to 5 tournaments.
We are talking just tournaments right?
I've beat notable players in friendlies at times but I don't count those.
Also define notable.
Notable in my region and notable in your region are two different things and I've only been to 1 national.
Low tiers generally don't do well..... that's the point. And that's why people don't main Zelda..... because it's **** near impossible to do well with her in regular singles, and there's no reason to main her when you could play a better character.

Just saying, you seemed to come in here judging how people rate Zeldas when it's literally the best they can do considering nobody mains her + does what's generally accepted as "well". You also seem to think you're doing mighty well with her while simultaneously putting down other people's results. x.o Out of the blue.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
I beat Candy's MK with Zelda in tourney.......
Riot recently took 3rd in a singles tourney and is back on the NE PR
DM still handles most of HI when he uses Zelda.
Jujux performed excellent at BBI2 and almost beat kaak and gluttony.

Remembered another one lol.
Ven beat FOW's Ness and forced him to go MK at the tourney X lost to m2k 3-2
Ness isn't low tier.
Riot, DM and Jujuz used all or mostly Zelda in those matches?
That's what I'm unable to clarify from the thread.
When you placed well in tournament and it says you used Zelda/Falco its much more realistic to assume you used Falco.
Almost doesn't count, that's like me saying I came close to beating atomski in pools at school is in session (I spell his name like that) and no idea who any of those players are.
Again it depends on your definition of notable, I can name people I've beat in my area but I doubt you'd know them.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Low tiers generally don't do well..... that's the point. And that's why people don't main Zelda..... because it's **** near impossible to do well with her in regular singles, and there's no reason to main her when you could play a better character.

Just saying, you seemed to come in here judging how people rate Zeldas when it's literally the best they can do considering nobody mains her + does what's generally accepted as "well". You also seem to think you're doing mighty well with her while simultaneously putting down other people's results. x.o Out of the blue.
You've just proven that I'm one of the very few people, if not only person getting within the upper half of decently sized tournaments with mostly her when you said you were unable to get any results from people who use solely Zelda.
So from me not seeing any notable placements with Zelda on here, I'd say yeah, I am doing mighty well for a Zelda.

MrEh

Smash Hero
If you even GO to tournaments at all, you might as well consider yourself to be doing well with Zelda. lol

That cuts out half the Zelda community already.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Well Riot/Jujux doesn't use anyone else in tourney seriously.
DM uses characters he has fun with, I think. I don't know lol.
As for me, I dual-main. I always go out and use them both equally unless I run into MUs I lean heavily on one or the other for. Just a comfort thing.

I'm sure I'd recognize some names man.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
@Fuu: You didn't say "well for Zelda," you said well. Period. Shoulda clarified. :p Besides that, I dunno what you really want to prove by feeling as though you suck less than the average Zelda.....

Anyways, my point on you judging how people rank Zeldas still stands. BBR and others do the best they can with what they have..... I imagine it's pretty hard when practically nobody uses her.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
If you even GO to tournaments at all, you might as well consider yourself to be doing well with Zelda. lol

That cuts out half the Zelda community already.
That's the thing, I can't tell how many people actually use Zelda in tournaments, because I never see any, and the tournament thread here isn't specific on who actually uses her.

I've beaten future in pools, taken out Nicole in a tournament the first time we played.
(She knows the MU now so I don't think I'll be doing that anymore though).

All I can think of that I would classify as "notable" right now and those are just people I actually defeated in a set, if we were to list people I've come close to or taken game off of there would be more.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I'm gonna be 100% real with you right now Fuu:

It sounds like you're just butthurt over not ever being named as a good Zelda player. No offense.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I know about Future and Nicole, the MW is a really good region. Tell Judo I say hi lol.

With the results thread, it's people that actually go out and use Zelda in tourney. Preferably, the more Zelda and less secondaries the better but some of us use other characters such as myself (:sheik:) and DM at times (:falco:/:random:). Really, it's for the community to see that Zelda can succeed.

I really don't know any other way to put it.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
I know about Future and Nicole, the MW is a really good region. Tell Judo I say hi lol.

With the results thread, it's people that actually go out and use Zelda in tourney. Preferably, the more Zelda and less secondaries the better but some of us use other characters such as myself (:sheik:) and DM at times (:falco:/:random:). Really, it's for the community to see that Zelda can succeed.

I really don't know any other way to put it.
I've never seen Judo, people tell me hes a good Sheik but I've yet to see him anywhere.
It's disappointing none of you guys are out there repping her.
If you use both 50/50 then right on, we need many more people out there like that.
Ganon has more usage than her in tournaments.

And Kaylo like I said being labeled best is subjective, I wouldn't say that then be a hypocrite and be mad about not being labeled that.
FYI because no one uses her it's not hard for anyone to be labeled best Zelda.
I've been playing 3 months and half of the people in Midwest that have played me already consider me best in that area, while I don't agree that's a plausible statement I have more of a reason to be happy about it than mad.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Gotcha. It was just strange the way you came in with it out of nowhere, seeming to criticize others' results and how people interpret them...... then going on to talk about your own achievements.

In any case, good luck going all Zelda. You're a brave soul. =P

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Agreed, we certainly do need some more rep.

@Fuu: I go out there and try for Sheik, it's hard lol. Judo is a great Sheik and word has it, a good Zelda as well lol. Sheik needs so much more rep lol.

I can teach the Zeldas how to Sheik lol! Only if they want.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
I main Zelda... I don't use any other characters in tournament sets. I consistently place in the money in doubles and typically place top 10 or so when I enter singles. I don't enter singles regularly because it doesn't typically pay for itself like doubles does and I have money issues.

I just recently took out Vinnie and Snakee in a tournament doubles set with TeeVee, we *****, the videos will be up soon I hope.

I think doubles not being considered as important as singles really hinders Zelda's placement as a character, as well as how well I am perceived as a Zelda main...

If you wanted to Zelda mains who only use Zelda in tournament, I can only think of like... 3 me, u, and jujux.

Edit: I didn't read through the entire thread... if this doesn't make sense or have anything to do with what you are talking about disregard it lol.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Finally went through the rest of the posts.

So do you want to give people who use JUST Zelda and only Zelda a special symbol next to their name or something? That would identify pure Zelda's from mixed Zelda's, although I don't really care either way it could be something to consider if it is making an impact on people.

MrEh

Smash Hero
That would identify pure Zelda's from mixed Zelda's, although I don't really care either way it could be something to consider if it is making an impact on people.
The way you worded that makes it sound like we're getting into some serious racial business. lol

But seriously, I don't think it really matters if you use Zelda as a main or as a secondary. As long as you're winning with her, then that's the most important thing.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Can someone tell me the trajectories for nair and the traps from how many hits you get (kinda like Diddy DA?). I've gotten used to FF nair so that I hit them with the 2nd hitbox which pops them up, which makes a raaaaaaape frame trap if I want to kill with utilt/usmash.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Can someone tell me the trajectories for nair and the traps from how many hits you get (kinda like Diddy DA?). I've gotten used to FF nair so that I hit them with the 2nd hitbox which pops them up, which makes a raaaaaaape frame trap if I want to kill with utilt/usmash.
See: Great Fairy Fountain thread. It has pretty much everything known about nair trajectories.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Do you mean erasing the old results from 2010? Or simply adding a break and a year in peoples results?

I am sure DM will be willing to separate the results by year, but I don't think anyone would be up for deleting old results since it is a good way to track progress.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Should do what the Pikas do: keep a separate archive for old results so they don't clutter up the recent ones. That way you can track progress while also making it clear which players are currently active.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I used Zelda in 3 matches on Saturday but I didn't bother to post it cuz I just used her when I transformed. I was ****** in low tier MM's though:)

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Do you mean erasing the old results from 2010? Or simply adding a break and a year in peoples results?

I am sure DM will be willing to separate the results by year, but I don't think anyone would be up for deleting old results since it is a good way to track progress.
Well yeah should I bother putting up all of my results or just wait till next year.
I think we should just start clean in 2011
Its up to DM though.

Top Bottom