• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Zelda Patch and Changes Discussion Thread

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
UAir most certainly didn't get a startup speed increase. *beat to it

Can't confirm what got changed until specific data is released. First impressions were that nothing of consequence was improved. Crossing my fingers that whatever Zelda got was an improvement.

Last edited:

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
Heyo, all. I've been trying to keep tabs on anything Zelda as much as I can, and I have to ask, did Zelda's fully charged Phantom always hit three times? It's been forever since I went onto training mode with her, so I honestly can't recall.

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
Just sayn, Phantom stays dead for the same amount of time as well.

Lol her one change is probably some too-tedious to decipher windbox/ non-dmg hitbox data on a custom move :,)

Mikey Lenetia Mikey Lenetia Yup. Since maybe 3-4 patches ago it got a 3rd non-damage hitbox

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Heyo, all. I've been trying to keep tabs on anything Zelda as much as I can, and I have to ask, did Zelda's fully charged Phantom always hit three times? It's been forever since I went onto training mode with her, so I honestly can't recall.
Yes, it was added a few patches back to help it connect better. It's just a traveling 0% hitbox with set knockback and possibly some windbox shenanigans.

Last edited:

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
That's good. I never heard a third slash, so I was a bit lost when it put up the combo meter. I've been hoping the poor lady would get some buffs to make her more usable, since I've wanted to comain her and Peach since Melee, but it just doesn't seem to be happening any time soon. -_-;

Adreeyen

Smash Rookie
Something about the Lightning kicks seems different... Like they have less startup lag or maybe a different animation? That and Din's being slightly faster in travel speed are the only two things I noticed could have been changed.

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
Something about the Lightning kicks seems different... Like they have less startup lag or maybe a different animation? That and Din's being slightly faster in travel speed are the only two things I noticed could have been changed.
Wishful thinking. Everything seems different when you don't play Zelda everyday all hours.

Nothing has changed and won't likely until smash 6.

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
I just don't think complaining about patches is a productive use of time.

Last edited:

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
Has anyone had the chance to test Zelda's weight? I'm not sure how much of a difference from 3ds and Wii u blast zones make.

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
Down Smash seems to have more reach and more rainbow whooshies. It also seems to have a bigger dust cloud.

U-tilt looks sparklier.
Up Tilt is full of sparkles and stardust. Don't know about the range.

Even if they're just cosmetic, she's certainly a prettier magical princess.

Can someone check the invincibility/invulnerability/intablibity frames on Nayru's Love?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

tbf LRodC LRodC has a point. Your character isn't gonna get patched, make the most of it instead of begging for buffs.

Also lol so much placebo in this thread, I'm crying

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
We are making the most of it? We're laughing at Sakurai's incompetence when it comes to anything Zelda.

I'm not sure what you mean by "begging for buffs". Discussing what buffs would most help Zelda? Because EVERY single character board does that and there is nothing wrong with it. And I'm not sure why we Zeldas should suddenly pretend that she's not in dire need of buffs.

and lighrdwhatever's posts are useless. I don't think his posts were productive uses of time either but he still wrote them.

Last edited:

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
Down Smash seems to have more reach and more rainbow whooshies. It also seems to have a bigger dust cloud.

Up Tilt is full of sparkles and stardust. Don't know about the range.

Even if they're just cosmetic, she's certainly a prettier magical princess.

Can someone check the invincibility/invulnerability/intablibity frames on Nayru's Love?
The uptilt sparkles were there last patch, although I did notice a flashlight effect on the back/end of the move that lights people and the floor up.

Utilt definitely seems different tho.

The dsmash visual effects are very noticeable, although it is hard for me to test any new range. The dust isn't bigger, it is just moved. It's more stylistic now.

Last edited:

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
I just don't think complaining about patches is a productive use of time.
Neither is what you're doing so I don't get your point. It's not like your post has made us see the light and I'm pretty sure that was not the purpose of your post either.

There is nothing wrong with Zelda players venting their frustrations over how bad Zelda is and how she doesn't get fixed (while characters like Toon Link and Roy are getting buffed wtf) since we're all dedicated to this character and have invested our time in her. Moreover, most of the people here have already accepted our fate and are dealing with Zelda being bottom tier in a humorous manner.

The purpose of a forum is to exchange opinions. In this case there seems to be a shared opinion that Zelda is not very good and in need of buffs, which naturally leads to the discussion of what kind of buffs, and that's what this thread is dedicated to. It's fine if you don't agree or just don't like it, but we're not forcing you to read it.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I personally feel like there's less landing lag on LKs, especially after looking at them side by side with the pre patch. I'll hold out hope for confirmation but it felt pretty good to me.

buzzard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BuzzardU
I wonder how obscure this change is since nobody's been able to pinpoint it yet.

Valamway

Smash Apprentice
NNID
i38VWi
Sorry, I forgot "/s" is a Reddit thing.
It means I was being sarcastic.

Still can't figure out what it is.
But, I wouldn't be surprised if the only change was to keep Zelda's weight the same as Sheik's.
Which would be a NERF.

buzzard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BuzzardU
Sorry, I forgot "/s" is a Reddit thing.
It means I was being sarcastic.

Still can't figure out what it is.
But, I wouldn't be surprised if the only change was to keep Zelda's weight the same as Sheik's.
Which would be a NERF.
I don't believe that's the change, else it would have been discovered by now just as easily as Sheik's was.

Valamway

Smash Apprentice
NNID
i38VWi
I don't believe that's the change, else it would have been discovered by now just as easily as Sheik's was.
I don't think that's it either; it just wouldn't surprise me at this point.
The fact that it still hasn't been posted anywhere makes me suspect it's not a buff or a nerf at all, just a random tweak to something literally meaningless.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Someone says Utilt looks sparklier every ****ing patch lmao

It has always been as sparkly and fabulous as it is now.

I've been seeing reliable reports that Zelda's weight was unchanged this patch, despite Sheik getting that extremely arbitrary weight nerf.

BJN39 BJN39 Can I ban this guy?
Are you talking about the guy with the whining thread that was locked before one response? It didn't link right to a user/post for me.

Last edited:

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
Huh. So no weight change? I honestly thought that was 'the one' Well maybe later today i'll test abit more. Funny how no ones found it lol. It's probably something that doesn't necessarily effect a move's attribute, but probably so something 'works better' who knows...

SM Mystic

Smash Cadet
NNID
MagicMissile6969
3DS FC
3093-7612-8482
Files data/animcmd/fighter/zelda/effect.bin and ../../113/romfs/data/animcmd/fighter/zelda/effect.bin differ This is what was changed...

Valamway

Smash Apprentice
NNID
i38VWi
Files data/animcmd/fighter/zelda/effect.bin and ../../113/romfs/data/animcmd/fighter/zelda/effect.bin differ This is what was changed...
Right, we've all known that for hours.
But .bin files are like folders that contain a bunch of data, and we don't know what was changed in that folder or how it affects whatever effect or animation that value is tied to.

SM Mystic

Smash Cadet
NNID
MagicMissile6969
3DS FC
3093-7612-8482
Right, we've all known that for hours.
But .bin files are like folders that contain a bunch of data, and we don't know what was changed in that folder or how it affects whatever effect or animation that value is tied to.
The fact that dataminers are too lazy to open it upsets me...greatly.

I just got in touch with ShinyQuagsire. He said the change is either an aesthetic or minor change. This applies to Dark Pit as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Valamway

Smash Apprentice
NNID
i38VWi
The fact that dataminers are too lazy to open it upsets me...greatly.

I just got in touch with ShinyQuagsire. He said the change is either an aesthetic or minor change. This applies to Dark Pit as well.
Careful with the double posts, gorl.
Sister BJN had to correct me on that as well, a while ago.

But yeah, that's the reason we don't know the exact change yet.

SM Mystic

Smash Cadet
NNID
MagicMissile6969
3DS FC
3093-7612-8482
SM Mystic SM Mystic watch your double posting. :4bayonetta:

But also ty for the info.
No problemo. And sorry, I don't use Smashboards daily so I'm still learning new things. XD
I asked ShinyQuagsire if he could identify the changes to Zelda for us. Hopefully he'll get back to me soon so I can let everyone know about the minor buff to our
beloved but still low tier and why the **** has Sakurai not buffed her fully yet? character.

CasMat

Smash Cadet
Hey, what's the normal kill percent for Farore's Elevator on Mario Wii U Omega stage training mode? Does 64% sound normal?

Top Bottom