• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda Amiibo looks terrible

FyrianFate

Smash Apprentice
The hair is unsettling, but honestly, she isnt half bad. I mean, at least her face looks good, have you seen link's face? I think she's the only human amiibo with a decent face.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
All the more realistically portioned human amiibos are odd.
They look cheap. And well, they do cost $12.

Last edited:

FyrianFate

Smash Apprentice
All the more realistically portioned human amiibos are odd.
They look cheap. And well, they do cost $12.
This
And honestly, apart from the hair (again) the rest is pretty spot on, and it doesn't come off as cheap, well not for me anyways

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Looks good but her hair- esp. the white wraps look awful

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Could've been 1000x better if the braided parts of her hair were thinner and didn't look like Doc Ock tentacles..

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Except for the hair (that I find more funny than ugly), the quality is pretty decent: it's clearly not this.

For the price and size, nobody should expect First4figure's quality.

So, wig-like hair but decent figure overall: I like it.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Could've been 1000x better if the braided parts of her hair were thinner and didn't look like Doc Ock tentacles..
The thing is, with plastic figurines you really don't want to make parts of a figure that long and that thin. Zelda's fingers can be thin and sturdy due to being short, but very much not Zelda's hairpieces which would bend/break under the slightest stress unless they used a rubbery material for it or made them thicker than they actually are. And well... $12.

Last edited:

Tweedle

Smash Apprentice
It's just in comparison to the other amiibos, she's not so good. Oh well, as it's been said it is 12 dollars. (Would have been willing to pay 20-30 for a good zelda though just sayin haha (nintendo seriously make figurines more))

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Wow....her hair....

At least the rest of it looks ok. Still getting one though!

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
I think she looks great. You all need to understand these are mass marketed and characters that have insane amounts of detail (like her braids) aren't going to be perfectly hand painted.

I am very happy with how she looks.

She's also the number one selling Amiibo right now.

Tweedle

Smash Apprentice
I think she looks great. You all need to understand these are mass marketed and characters that have insane amounts of detail (like her braids) aren't going to be perfectly hand painted.

The only reason I'm complaining about her is because most of the others I want look amazing in comparison, Like Peach. Ofc it's different though with hair all connected.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer

I tried to search for a source for this, but couldn't find one. Got a link?

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I tried to search for a source for this, but couldn't find one. Got a link?
She's best selling on Amazon at any rate. (I for sure thought it'd be Little Mac)

Though I have no idea how that's determined, it at least shows people are buying her amiibo.

Last edited:

HotelWaffle

Smash Apprentice
They shouldn't have put the white wraps on. She does look great in this hd smash though.

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
She looks okay, but what bugs me is the fact that they managed to nail many of the other characters, particularly Mario and Samus. I hope the final product has neater paint apps.

But being a Godzilla fan, I'm used to getting screwed over when it comes to toys. Even the Link Amiibo doesn't come close to being as ugly as this.

Azew

Smash Lord
It sure isn't the worst amiibo, her face seems fine, unlike most human figures, but her hair just looks completley stupid.

Mr.CreamCakes

Smash Cadet
itll probably be a little degraded from the one advertised because of mass producing. have u guys seen marth? he looks horrible probably the worst of them all

Earthfox

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3067-4353-1036
Looks nice to me but for some reason zelda looks like shes ticked off at something.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
At least she doesn't have a dildo somewhere like most other characters.
She looks way better than most human Amiibos though. They all got hit pretty hard.
I wanted to buy Peach but will reconsider now.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
As long as Zelda's mass produced Amiibo doesn't get hit too hard with the quality nerf, she'll be fine. Poor Marth. His display Amiibo was already the worst of the bunch and it only got worse from there. Anybody with finer details on their design is going to get screwed over. Kirby and Jigglypuff will have the best amiibos.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I mean, hey, she could have that urine coloured plastic thing Link has. But instead hers is purple.

Tattles

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goldbit
It's really not that bad. I mean, making the details on her hair wraps is definitely a pretty difficult thing to do. Especially on a figure of this size. If her hair was thinner, like it actually is supposed to be, it would probably be way too thin, again because of the size of the figure, and probably bend far too easily.

If you just stop worrying about that fact that it's supposed to be a replica of her model/artwork, it's very good. I really don't get why so many people say it's terrible, when the only bad thing about it is that the hair isn't exactly the same as it is in-game.

But also have to keep in mind that this is a retail-perfect picture, so most likely even the real thing won't look this good, unfortunately.

Last edited:

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I mean, hey, she could have that urine coloured plastic thing Link has. But instead hers is purple.
True. D=

If the version I posted was the final version of Zelda's Amiibo, then she got off better than a lot of characters. She's not as lucky as Samus or Captain Falcon, but her Amiibo is decent (aside from the hair).

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
Zelda amiibo will be the first adult Zelda figure that I own. And it's nice not to have to spend a ton for the one in the Nintendo Power catalog from back in the day online.

Los4Muros

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Los4Muros
3DS FC
2852-9328-5396
Don't worry. When I saw what Samus's amiibo was going to look like, I was disappointed. But when I finally had my hands on it, I was amazed by what beautiful details it had. The hair may not be the best. But let's wait to see it in real life, it may look better. And her dress has some nice beautiful details that I envy from her amiibo. I don't play Zelda, but her amiibo is a must have for me.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Turds in socks are my new spirit animal.

Regarding her turds, Nintendo can't really make finer parts of Amiibos very thin because of the target of the product itself. Remember that, while we're all planning to buy amiibos, they're also targeted at children who will (supposedly) be carrying them around in their backpacks to play at their friends' house. You can't make thin, delicate parts with that in mind because they'd break 100% of the time. That's also why everyone's swords look like they have erectile dysfunctions.

Dat purple dildo though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom