• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yu Yu Hakusho

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Just started the Genkai tournament arc. I lol'ed at the end of the first episode...

Narrator: Genkai has chosen 8 expert fighters -Shows Kuwabara-

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
♥ That Genkai tournament was great, although it could have been longer but nonetheless it was good, at first I had no idea that that boy was truly the demon but I forgot his name lol...*★

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yeah that scene was just...ugh, that made my stomach twist a bit.

I just realized though...in that tournament...Yusuke had luck come to save him in all his matches.

1. The dark room, because Genkai threw her cigarette, he was able to put it on the guy's belt and spot him.

2. Yusuke fell into a swamp as the guy prepared his spirit beam attack while the shurikens were coming at him.

3. He didn't hear the Rando's chant, because he had swamp allege in his ears.

Conclusion? Kuwabara has more skill.

And why is it that Yusuke takes epic beatings, but his opponents die in one hit? That first match was so lame. Spirit gun breaks the dude's helmet and he goes unconscious?

OmegaXXII

♥ It seems Kuwabara wins more of his matches without the luck that Yusuke mostly seems to get, at least during that period that is.

It also made Yusuke seem 'superior' than Kuwabara since according to him, missed when he 'took Yurameshi's daily beatings', but I guess Kuwabara is just as good since more of his actual skill is shown rather than luck playing a constant role, although I've forgotten if the latter episodes feature Yusuke with luck in his battles, I assume he grew stronger and was able to hold his own without such a vital factor playing on his side. ★

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Everything happens for a reason especially in YYH. Hes still developing his powers though so ehhhh. The saint beasts arc was an ok arc as well.

OmegaXXII

♥ Indeed it's a great anime, I'm almost done with season one, will move on to season two next week. :3c ★

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Anybody ever notice that after Yusuke had first fought Hiei, Hiei seemed to kind of mellow out? He was a little insane but after their encounter, he sports the headband and carries the look of someone who didn't get their way. lol

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well, he WAS on parole lol.

Actually, you can argue that Hiei was the strongest during the 4 saints arc. In the manga, Hiei beat his opponent in one panel. In the anime, Hiei slashed up the guy 14 times. Kurama saw flashes of light, and Yusuke saw 7.

So if Hiei were to use that move on Yusuke...>_>

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Seiryu was crap though. All he could was freeze things. Apparently he only received half the training with ice powers. Hiei is also a fire based demon so maybe thats why it was perfect for him. Either that or hes just TOO good. lol

OmegaXXII

♥ Man, I totally forgot about those demons, can't wait to see the Dark Tournament soon, I never watched the final saga though but soon.★

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
When they did chapter black, I seem to recall seeing episodes that had sequences edited out. Specifically when they were flashbacking the **** the fat cats would do to captured demons.

I think that was the point when I realized this series wasn't just some kid anime. Even though I was a kid

theeboredone

Smash Legend
The betting that was going on during the Yukina rescue arc was rather...interesting. The final bet being 66 trillion from each side. Who has that kinda money let alone 50 billion in the second bet? lol.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well earlier on, they said Yukina's stones sell for thousands. Not sure if that meant single digits or more.

With that being said...I think they might have just directly translated from the japanese. 50 billion yen makes more sense?

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
haha yeah. They were like, "That's more than Japan's GDP!"

I was like "...wut, how" lol

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Anyone remember the fight between Yusuke and the chick from the Demon Triad group during the Yukina rescue arc?

I need to watch the edited version to see how that went.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
wait are some of you guys streaming it from somewhere? or do you all have the dvds or something

where you stream from

edit: nvm my usual place has them
kind of surprised it's only 112 eps though

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Ah. In any case, as I continue to watch the series...just got done through the first two rounds of the Dark Tournament.

Chu is awesome. Yoyo kid though....I wanna punch him in the face.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
So, just watching the episode where Yusuke has to decide to "kill" Genkai or not. Kuwabara and gang are playing cards. Interestingly enough, at the bottom of Ace of Spades, it said "Nintendo" o.O

LMFAO: Kuwabara's last words against the pretty boy.

"I'm not ugly! Okay?!"

OmegaXXII

♥ Man, I wish Dec. 11 came sooner, I cannot wait for those OVA's.

I just got season 2 btw, it's suspenseful.

OmegaXXII

♥ Lol..Kuwabara sure got freaked out during that era, man he really seemed paranoid at times but also got his act together when the time was right.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
True, true. Kuwabara has that whole advanced spiritual awareness thing that has him sense danger better than anyone which is probably why hes so scared in most of the first season. Because he feels the worst of it. lol

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Conclusion of Chapter Black saga, talking about what happened to everyone. I like how they described Gaming Master's "socialization" to improve through gaming.

Opposite of what's said in pop culture lol.

Though that saga kinda pissed me off.

Edit: This piece is so awesome. Gives such a creepy vibe. Especially if you got headphones to hear the bass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-2h03485vw

Sephy95

Smash Lord
The chapter black saga itself was pretty creepy. Especially where it shows the torturing of the demons. That was just disturbing...

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yeah...I mean, if they had been any more graphic, I would have had to question what was considered to be seen back over seas. They still left some to the imagination.

I was also surprised they initially killed Game Master. Not often you see a kid character die (even though it wasn't bloody,) But they brought him back to life, so I guess that's all good.

I was honestly hoping that Yusuke would have stayed dead, and through the combined angry powers of Hiei, Kurama, and Kuwabara, they would find a way to beat Sensui, and the series would have ended.

The 3 Kings saga is good, don't get me wrong...but this is the third time Yusuke has been brought back to life in 80 episodes...this is worse than using the dragon balls.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I don't mind the "whole bring one person" back to life bit. It gets old and boring if the same person/people are constantly being brought back. Literally cheating death. Of course with some of the Dragon Balls I know the ones on earth weren't able to bring the same people that were already killed once back to life again.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Yeah but of course the Namekian ones could. IMO, I also would've liked it if the series ended at chapter black. I understand how he wasn't meant to die the first time but the second time he WAS? In order to awaken his demon powers of course.

Top Bottom