• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yu Yu Hakusho

Sephy95

Smash Lord
how did anyone like the chapter black saga arc and the psychics and whatnot. it made everything that happen b4 in the show seem kinda dumb. Like o we trained super hard got super strong and was able to take down the strongest demon on earth. but these untrained kids who just randomly got psychic powers can just stand on my shadow and i lose.

I didnt dislike sensui but the rest of the arc surrounding him was awful imo. but besides that i do enjoy me some yu yu hakusho
They actually trained with Genkai and learned more about their powers before the events of Chapter Black started so they really weren't untrained. They obviously knew what they were doing thanks to Genkai.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
They actually trained with Genkai and learned more about their powers before the events of Chapter Black started so they really weren't untrained. They obviously knew what they were doing thanks to Genkai.
the point i am trying to get at is imagine if one of the super s class kings of demon world were hanging around. now imagine that ether A: the guy steps on their shadow or B: the kid who controllers video game world stuck them in the game he was using and they got the trivia part. Now all the sudden the most powerful demons around r more or less useless. thats why i hate that arc it ruins what the rest of the series is based upon.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Genkai would be dissapointed in you :p

Chapter Black had the best characters imo. And it's not that they weren't in fact, much weaker than Urameshi and the gang, they just forced them to encounter fights in a manner they hadn't experienced before. I think depriving the cast of their brute strength advantage saved the series because the demon world tournament coming right after the Dark Tournament would be boring.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Genkai would be dissapointed in you :p

Chapter Black had the best characters imo. And it's not that they weren't in fact, much weaker than Urameshi and the gang, they just forced them to encounter fights in a manner they hadn't experienced before. I think depriving the cast of their brute strength advantage saved the series because the demon world tournament coming right after the Dark Tournament would be boring.
Exactly. If they had known about their powers they probably could've taken them down. Just look at the mind reader guy. He easily avoided his shadow being stepped and beat the **** out of Kido. Now imagine the same situation with Yusuke. Probably would've beat him into a coma...

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
first off the mind reading guy just kinda sucked. if i remember correctly he was beaten by an eraser.

now the point i was getting at which u sidestepped was that some of the pyschic territory powers (or whatever u want to call it) were clearly way to good. like i said the video game kid couldn't be hurt in his territory unless he dies in the game. so lets imagine he is armada, dr.pp or mango and it was ssbm. the it wouldn't matter who he was fighting and thats major bull**** (its been a while but i believe the territory made u play within the limits of the game) (using ssbm b/c it is swf) and the guy who had the taboo power he could just make it so any noise u lose your soul, if he doesnt tell you then u r ****ed. The problem is that no obvious limit were on the powers so it seemed like they could defeat anyone as long as they came in not knowing what that strange feeling u get walking into a territory was. and even knowing they were op since u wouldn't know what the power was.

Also when i said untrained i meant compared to the main characters. the amount of time they spent training compared to the main cast is practically nothing.

It was a bad arc and i would not be surprised to learn that the reason the demon world arc was so rushed was b/c they lost viewers due to the chapter black arc. but look its just my opinion that the arc sucked and if u guys want to like it then fine i have nothing against that. and clearly we r not going to come to an agreement about it so it would be best maybe if we stop talking about it.

lastly anyone read the manga? the ending in the manga was a real surprise compared to the ending of the tv show

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
haha, OMG THAT GAME WAS SOO BAD lol. I played the **** out of it just cuz I love the characters but damn, I re-sold it quick
Man, that game was off the chain, I remember pulling all kinds of combos as well, especially trying to beat the heck out of Toguro lol...he was super hard, I might have to start playing that game once more for old times sake. :bee:

Sephy95

Smash Lord
first off the mind reading guy just kinda sucked. if i remember correctly he was beaten by an eraser.

now the point i was getting at which u sidestepped was that some of the pyschic territory powers (or whatever u want to call it) were clearly way to good. like i said the video game kid couldn't be hurt in his territory unless he dies in the game. so lets imagine he is armada, dr.pp or mango and it was ssbm. the it wouldn't matter who he was fighting and thats major bull**** (its been a while but i believe the territory made u play within the limits of the game) (using ssbm b/c it is swf) and the guy who had the taboo power he could just make it so any noise u lose your soul, if he doesnt tell you then u r ****ed. The problem is that no obvious limit were on the powers so it seemed like they could defeat anyone as long as they came in not knowing what that strange feeling u get walking into a territory was. and even knowing they were op since u wouldn't know what the power was.

Also when i said untrained i meant compared to the main characters. the amount of time they spent training compared to the main cast is practically nothing.

It was a bad arc and i would not be surprised to learn that the reason the demon world arc was so rushed was b/c they lost viewers due to the chapter black arc. but look its just my opinion that the arc sucked and if u guys want to like it then fine i have nothing against that. and clearly we r not going to come to an agreement about it so it would be best maybe if we stop talking about it.

lastly anyone read the manga? the ending in the manga was a real surprise compared to the ending of the tv show
Yeah your probably right. We're getting nowhere. Lets end this argument like gentlemen. I'll only say though that I didn't address your point becuz theres really no reason to address it. Everyone knows Kido probably for all we know could've teabagged Yusuke and he wouldn't be able to do a damn thing about it. MY POINT being is that they're not gonna kill off the main character thats key to humanity's survival. In your real life perspective, yeah sure, they can kill as many people as they want including Yusuke with their territory junk and probably wouldn't give a **** but its a cartoon, not real life, so theres no real reason to think about it that much. Something like that, just wouldn't happen. IMO, Chapter Black is a great arc and had great depth in it. Probably my favorite arc.

EDIT: Then again Yusuke died like twice in the whole series so I guess ya have me there. >_>

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Man, that game was off the chain, I remember pulling all kinds of combos as well, especially trying to beat the heck out of Toguro lol...he was super hard, I might have to start playing that game once more for old times sake. :bee:
I never gotten the chance to ever try that game out. Best Buy and Frys did sell it a long time ago but I never thought of to ever get it.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Oh a YYH thread.

And a mention of HxH on the first page.

This is awesome.

Reminding me that I need to buy this series whenever I get the money.

OmegaXXII

^^Yeah, that OVA is supposed fo' be coming out next month for sure, I views on DVD, anyway I'll be picking up season 2 on Blu-Ray next week, I've started watching season 1 in HD and it looks incredible, Yusuke and Kurama never looked so good. :grin:

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Oh a YYH thread.

And a mention of HxH on the first page.

This is awesome.

Reminding me that I need to buy this series whenever I get the money.
Welcome to the YYH thread, Mr. Rutger. Feel free to discuss watever YYH based topic you want and have some fun. ^-^

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
o man i missed most of the yyh dark tourney video game chat. man that game is so bad its good. the guy who has a Mohawk and drink and did the knife fight thing (cant remember his name) he was so broken all u had to do was hit the o button over and over and it was an infinite combo (i have beaten people with one hand and my eyes closed by hitting this one button lol) (at least none of my friends or I could figure out how to escape it). he also had a broken teleport. yea so the game is terrible but so fun, I play it with some of the people i play smash with and its always a good time.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
just looked it up and yea i meant chu (i am kinda bad with names). so no joke u can just teleport then o-o-o over and over again its pretty awesome. my one issue with the game (besides it being kinda awful) is that it only has characters from the dark tournament. kinda wish the saint beasts were in it as well.

notes (i think the combo is o-o-o if u look at his combo list its like the first one on the list. it might be sq-sq-sq its been a while)

(even though its awful, as i said b4 its still really fun)

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
I love how he's saved for the last fight of that group instead of the fire guy. ***** got worked

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Yep. Zeru thought he was so badass but all he did was set up for an epic Hiei moment and got his *** scorched straight to the underworld.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Fire guy was garbage. I'm surprised Hiei even went to great lengths in using Dragon of Darkness Flame.

Alright so for discussion purposes...Hiei lost to Murkuro, but Hiei wasn't actually "fighting" her as much as trying to break her cuffs. If he were to go all out, do you think he would have won?

Sephy95

Smash Lord
He had no choice but to do so.

And about Hiei, hmmm, maybe, maybe not. I think Mukuro was kinda holding back herself. If Hiei were to fight her now though, he probably would win now seeing as she doesn't fight with anger or hate anymore.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
You figure fighting with clarity would make you stronger. Doesn't work like that in the YYH universe.

And did he have no choice? I just remember watching the anime. He absorbed his fire and was like "lol noob."

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Nope, they gotta rage at all times. lol

And yeah, Kurama says something like that in a later episode about how Hiei had no choice but to use it. I honestly don't get why myself. :/

OmegaXXII

Lol..the battles sure are weird, one in particular was when Yusuke slipped and fell and actually won the match agaisnt the demon boy lol..the first time I watched it I like.."WTF happened? It was so suspenseful which is what I like about the YYH series.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
I think he was fighting that ninja guy in red. Forgot his name. He had a kanji on his forehead though. I didn't like how he was kinda lucky throughout the fights and yet when he gets angry, he owns like a mother ****er. o_o

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Uh huh and by the end of the dark tournament arc, he finally gets maxed out after seeing Kuwabara(fake) die. Then comes chapter black when he discovers even more depths to his power and ancestry...

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Currently watching through YYH again. I forgot how emotional the beginning eps were.

Also, it has some of the best facial expressions ever.

Currently on episode 12 I believe.

OmegaXXII

Currently watching through YYH again. I forgot how emotional the beginning eps were.

Also, it has some of the best facial expressions ever.

Currently on episode 12 I believe.
Hehe, I'm barely started watching myself, I'm almost done with season one, been watching for about a month now, no doubt those first few episodes were awesome, especially the comedy that Yusuke manages to pull out lol...

Also, nice Yusuke expresion avatar. :awesome:

OmegaXXII

Yeah man, it was also weird seeing two different versions of Yusuke as seen in episode 4, he had like 2 different hairstyles side by side lol...he was a total baddie when he returned to the world of the living.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Got all the seasons. Watched the first two episodes. It's been a long time since I watched the whole series through, but Botan seems to have an accent that's pretty noticeable. Does it disappear as the series progresses?

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Got all the seasons. Watched the first two episodes. It's been a long time since I watched the whole series through, but Botan seems to have an accent that's pretty noticeable. Does it disappear as the series progresses?
I can't even remember her having an accent...I'm trying to picture it. Hmm, I may even have to re-watch to see.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Seeing Kuwabara keep up with the rest of the gang was honestly one of the more enjoyable dynamics of the series

OmegaXXII

♥ Kuwabara definetly has the charisma and is the character that brings life and humor into the series aside from Yusuke IMO.

I'd say my favorite characters would be in between Kurama and Toguro, yeah, the totally big boss guy. xD

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I don't think Kuwabara necessarily kept up with the rest as much as he simply drew the "weaker" opponent.

With that being said, this show would suck without Kuwabara. Rarely do I have the comic relief character as my favorite, but he certainly is.

Top Bottom