• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yu Yu Hakusho

Sephy95

Smash Lord
When I didn't see anything on YYH here I was surprised. A great fighting anime deserves such a thread. I know I can't be the only YYH fan in the entire smash community so come on guys. Who else thought YYH was a great anime? I personally have it as one of my top 5.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I love Yu-Yu Hakusho, Yusuke is such a great character and Kurama as well, I recently got the 1st season on DVD, I must say it brings back memories indeed, I'm definetly going to watch through all the seasons, especially the Dark Tournament saga which I've never completed watching, should be fun indeed.

:phone:

OmegaXXII

^^I agree and I love Bleach as well, but I feel Yu-Yu Hakusho is somewhat overlooked by the mainstream ones, it's actually pretty good once you get into it IMO.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Yu Yu Hakusho was amazing, but I remember watching the series as a kid and thinking that it ended when they got to that house and the territory guy stole souls. I wasn't allowed to watch Adult Swim, so I just thought that the series ended.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Adult Swim stopped casting it quickly back then. It was then put on Toonami but they were the edited versions. The tournament saga was definitely the most violent of them all. The series was definitely good. I wish they would had continued it.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
YYH is probably one of my favorite series from Jump. They handled the battles really well and I liked all the characters.
The anime itself was adapted really well. I almost have all the season dvds, but I might as well just buy the BD of it now.

And I always say this, but people should read Hunter X Hunter. Especially if you enjoyed YYH since it's by the same author.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
My only regret about YYH is how the last season was kinda rushed. My favorite seasons were the dark tournament and sensui seasons. Sensui was such an awesome character.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
The Chapter Black saga had its own mysterious and creepy mood to it. I loved every moment of it. Makes me glad that I own all four seasons.

OmegaXXII

Adult Swim stopped casting it quickly back then. It was then put on Toonami but they were the edited versions. The tournament saga was definitely the most violent of them all. The series was definitely good. I wish they would had continued it.

Yeah, that's how I discovered the series back in 2001, but I heavily watched it on Toonami back in 2003 before it was removed, I ended up watching alot of episodes, the last one being during the Dark Tournament, since tgen I've never finished watching the series, just recently I saw the DVD sets, I'm currently on the first one, I'm definetly going to get the and watch the second season very soon. ^_^

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Before it was fully removed from cartoon network they were showing it at a later timeslot like around 4am and I would literally set have my mom or dad set my alarm to wake me up at that time to watch it. I don't remember ever atching it all which is why I collected the box sets. Eizou Hakusho comes out in December which are OVAs that take place after the series end along with a movie. I can't friggin wait.

Gaara♥

Smash Master
i think adult swim started showing yu yu hakusho at like 5am when it got to the sensui fight and on. Dont know if they finished the series but it was defintely on at 5am for a while.

EDIT: Nevermind someone already said that lol

Gaara♥

Smash Master
I think my favorite episode was during the chapter black saga when they ran into the psychic territories dudes and that one smart guy who was always 2nd place to Kurama had the TABOO territory power and starting from the end of the alphabet the letters you can say out loud became diminished but then kurama got that dude to laugh and he got jacked by his own territory. Also the episode where you cant say HOT and then Kuwabara said something like " no matter what we got eacH OTher blah blah blah " and then kuwabara got jacked. Man I miss YYH

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
i think adult swim started showing yu yu hakusho at like 5am when it got to the sensui fight and on. Dont know if they finished the series but it was defintely on at 5am for a while.

EDIT: Nevermind someone already said that lol
If I remember correctly it was when Adult Swim was still new to Cartoon Network. Adult Swim was awesome back then until they started putting all those ******** shows on it and removing all the anime ones...

OmegaXXII

So the OVA is releasing December 13? Are those by any chance the movies that previously came out?The poltergeist?

Also, I just found out that the seasons are on Blu-Ray with season 4 coming out in November, I'm glad I didn't get the others yet, I was planning to, but now I shall experience in full HD. :cool:

OmegaXXII

I found out about that when I bought the 3rd box. Ah well. =/

Wasn't your name in purple before? I just now noticed...
Funny thing is that I bought the 1st season in May and at the end of the same month they came out with the Blu-Ray release, I was unaware that they would be releasing so soon, they have been doing so throughout the year, I was so close to getting the 2nd season on DVD just a week ago. xD

But yeah, I remember when Toonami was actually good with all the anime, including Rorouni Kenshin which I actually enjoyed during that era as well.

As for the name well.....you'll see soon enough lol....

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Funny thing is that I bought the 1st season in May and at the end of the same month they came out with the Blu-Ray release, I was unaware that they would be releasing so soon, they have been doing so throughout the year, I was so close to getting the 2nd season on DVD just a week ago. xD

But yeah, I remember when Toonami was actually good with all the anime, including Rorouni Kenshin which I actually enjoyed during that era as well.

As for the name well.....you'll see soon enough lol....

The store I've been going too doesn't put up much new stuff and I didn't learn until late about it then I check Amazon. Toonami was another good part of Cartoon Network that quickly went down hill. Although I didn't like watching the edited versions but it was better than nothing back then.

Hehe alright. All my time here and I never understood those purple names.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
So the OVA is releasing December 13? Are those by any chance the movies that previously came out?The poltergeist?

Also, I just found out that the seasons are on Blu-Ray with season 4 coming out in November, I'm glad I didn't get the others yet, I was planning to, but now I shall experience in full HD. :cool:

Sadly it won't be Poltergeist Report. Only the very first movie which was like only 30 minutes(might as well be an episode) and the 6 eizou hakusho OVAs all together in one bundle. I really hope Poltergeist Report does get redubbed and rereleased. The VAs in it were just horrible. -.-

OmegaXXII

Aww..that's a shame, and that movie was pretty long too, I've never seen it; though I've heard about it several times, at least they finally bothered to release the OVA's which is I'm looking forward to very soon.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
I remember back in like 7th grade turning on Cartoon Network late one night and some girl with blue hair comes flying past on a oar.

O man those were the days. I never got past the dark tournament when it originally aired. I thankfully had to house sit for some friends one weekend so I bought the entire Yu-Yu Hakusho series and chain watched them at their place.

Best weekend ever!!!

Oo also I forgot to add that Hiei was like da bess character ever when I first watched it. Darkness flame? Are you ****ing kidding me? Sooooo OP!!!!

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Oo also I forgot to add that Hiei was like da bess character ever when I first watched it. Darkness flame? Are you ****ing kidding me? Sooooo OP!!!!
Hiei was so boss. Dragon of the Darkness Flame itself made the dark tournament sooo awesome.

goddamn, I need to rewatch all that now

OmegaXXII

I remember when Kurama revealed his "true" form, now that took me my storm, I also liked the ending theme as well, it's memorable indeed.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Kurama's true form being released, it was one of THOSE moments. You couldn't help but get chills of epicness from what was going on at the moment.

Gaara♥

Smash Master
Youko Kurama was so dope! I remember his fight with Karasu, the invisible explosion dude with the mask. Epic fight!

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I believe someone did say Kurama usually comes out limping from all of his matches.

Kuwabara's line in the funimation dub after he wakes up from the genkai tournament.

"I'm not dead...yet." lulz.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Kuwabara was so dang funny. Best moments with Yusake with him saying his sword could beat the crap out of the spirit gun. Then breaking into the black black club house Kuwabara didn't believe Yusake when he told him that female demon was actually a guy.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Yusuke being a pervert and all of course has to find out then Kuwabara gets the oar to the head for trying to see for himself. lol Yusuke also makes a few dirty jokes throughtout the series....xD

Top Bottom