• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your realistic fighter's Pass list

LightningHelix

Smash Cadet
As the title indicates, very simple. What do you think the contents of the fighter pass will be? Try to keep the list to what you honestly think Nintendo will do and not so much what you want the list to be.

- Note that Piranha Plant will not be included in the fighter's Pass.

DISCLAIMER: Remember that this is each of our opinions, leave the pitchforks at the door.

Here's my list

1. Joker from Persona 5 (as he was teased already as of this posting)
2. Lloyd Irvine from Tales of Symphonia
3. Geno from Super Mario RPG
4. Crash Bandicoot from his games
5. Banjo & Kazooie from their games
6 (Bonus Semi-Joke). Master chief from Halo Series.

I would've said Waluigi, Isaac and Shadow, but they are assist trophies soooooo.....

Last edited:

earthboundspacefree

Smash Cadet
1. Joker
2. Solaire
3. The Knight from Hollow Knight
4. Banjo Kazooie
5. Porky

I don’t necessarily think this is what they’ll do, because Nintendo is impossible to predict, but it’s what I’d want, and it’s at least feasible.

Last edited:

HMpoweredMan

Smash Cadet
Joker
Erdrick (Male and Female)
Travis Touchdown
Steve
Cooking Mama

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
1. Joker (not from Batman)
2. Gohan (Erdrick)
3. Steve Minecraft (inb4 "that'sssssss a nice house you've got there" or "GUH-HUH" instead)
4. Lloyd (from Mother...? No...)
5. Sans & Papyrus Undertale (or maybe Cat swordswoman from Granblue's Clues)

Last edited:

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
1. Joker
2. Fire Emblem guy
3. Another PS4 exclusive protag
4. Fire Emblem guy
5. John Wick from Fortnite

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
1.Joker (of course)
2.Eldrick
3.Phoenix Wright
4 And 5. Two completely out of left field characters that nobody expects and people will be salty about for years to come.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
1. Joker
2. Crash Bandicoot or Banjo & Kazooie
3. Travis Touchdown
4. Sora or Lara Croft
5. Master Cheif (I wish I was joking)

Gazorpazorpfield

Smash Journeyman
Actual characters who are likely to happen:

1. Joker
2. Erdrick
3. Edelgard
4. Something to do with Xenoblade
5. Steve

For funsies, I'll put my ideal five.

1. Master Chief (Don't shade this man)
2. Heihachi Mishima
3. Shovel Knight. F
4. Solaire
5. Mimikyu. F

I'm apparently not allowed to want realistic picks, I guess. Heihachi could happen, though.

Last edited:

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
1. Joker
2. Geno or Sora
3. Bandana Waddle Dee
4. Lloyd
5. Banjo & Kazooie

In that order, too. That's what I believe is the most likely.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
1.Joker of Persona 5
2.Either Sora of Kingdom Hearts, Eldrick of Dragon Quest or Geno from Super Mario RPG(aka the Square character)
3.Crash Bandicoot from Self Title
4.Euden from Dragalia Lost
5.Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden.

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
1) Joker (confirmed)
2) Banjo and Kazooie
3) Porky
4) Square rep, likely Erdrick, Geno, Sora, maybe 2B.
5) I have a lurking suspicion that at least one character won't be too well received, so this one goes to any character that is popular but will probably be bashed.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
If we are only getting 3rd parties as DLC:
1. Joker
2. Erdrick
3. Steve
4. Doom Slayer
5. Monster Hunter

If Nintendo characters are eligible:
1. Joker
2. Lycanroc
3. Erdrick
4. Bandana Dee
5. Doom Slayer

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
Wow, alot of Erdrick in these lists. Any particular reason why? I'm genuinely curious.
His name is showing up a ton in leaks so its putting him at the top of everyone's list.

Here's mine:
Spirits deconfirm:
-Sylux
-Monster Hunter
-Erdrick/Slime
-Banjo & Kazooie

Spirits don't deconfirm:
-Bandana Waddle Dee
-Elma
-Monster Hunter
-Erdrick/Slime

Not at all realistic:
-Ravio

Xigger

Smash Lord
- Joker
- Banjo
- Lloyd
- Geno
- Monster Hunter

Lloyd for the new Namco rep, Monster Hunter new Capcom rep, Banjo for fan demand, and Geno as the only Nintendo fighter. (I consider him realistic due to Sakurai's interviews)

kool2419

Smash Apprentice
1 .Joker
2. Edelgard
3. Monster Hunter
4. An unexpected addition
5. Shantae

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Wow, alot of Erdrick in these lists. Any particular reason why? I'm genuinely curious.
I've been supporting Erdrick since mid 2015, so my opinion may be a little biased, but this is my reasoning.

We've heard far too much about a Square Enix rep from far too many credible sources for it to be a coincidence at this point. Sora has always been a long shot, given the Disney factor. Likewise, it would be kinda lame to save Geno for DLC after going out their way to get him in the main game, so I don't think it's him. Erdrick makes a lot of sense in a vacuum as a well. Dragon Quest is arguably the biggest Japanese franchise that is not currently in Smash. Likewise, Erdrick is kinda the face of the series, being referenced both directly and indirectly in many Dragon Quest games. Plus, his biggest drawback (lack of recognition outside of Japan) is nulled by the fact the first DLC character is from a game that is relatively obscure outside of the land of the rising sun.

LightningHelix

Smash Cadet
I've been supporting Erdrick since mid 2015, so my opinion may be a little biased, but this is my reasoning.

We've heard far too much about a Square Enix rep from far too many credible sources for it to be a coincidence at this point. Sora has always been a long shot, given the Disney factor. Likewise, it would be kinda lame to save Geno for DLC after going out their way to get him in the main game, so I don't think it's him. Erdrick makes a lot of sense in a vacuum as a well. Dragon Quest is arguably the biggest Japanese franchise that is not currently in Smash. Likewise, Erdrick is kinda the face of the series, being referenced both directly and indirectly in many Dragon Quest games. Plus, his biggest drawback (lack of recognition outside of Japan) is nulled by the fact the first DLC character is from a game that is relatively obscure outside of the land of the rising sun.
Kind of agree, I think Sora is a long shot too. Part of me feels like nintendo would've added Geno by now if they could, sinnce there is a huge outcry for him since brawl and even Sakurai supported adding him. Lack of recognization outside Japan didn't stop nintendo from adding both Marth and Roy in Melee, in fact it probably contributed greatly to the success in fire emblem games in the west. I could see them do this with Dragon Quest.

Last edited:

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
What I Realistically Expect:

1. Joker (already in)
2. Erdrick or Slime
3. Steve
4. Capcom Character (Dante, Leon, Phoenix, Monster Hunter) or Ryu Hayabusa
5. Gen 8 Pokemon

What I Realistically Want:
1. Joker (already in)
2. Scorpion
3. Steve
4. Capcom Character (Phoenix, Amaterasu, Chun Li, Frank)
5. Sonic Character (Tails, Eggman) or Ryu Hayabusa

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Wants, assuming Spirits aren’t deconfirmations:

1. Joker (confirmed)
2. Neku Sakuraba
3. KOS-MOS
4. Bandana Dee
5. Elma

Realistic expectations, again assuming Spirits aren’t deconfirmations (sorry fans but I can’t envision Steve or Banjo-Kazooie happening realistically)
1. Joker (confirmed)
2. Erdrick
3. Lloyd Irving
4. Bandana Dee
5. Elma

Last edited:

aarchak

Smash Ace
Hoo boy.

1. Chair-kun
2. Travis Touchdown
3. Lloyd Irving
4. Elma
5. A Sonic character (probably Eggman or Shadow)

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Kind of agree, I think Sora is a long shot too. Part of me feels like nintendo would've added Geno by now if they could, sinnce there is a huge outcry for him since brawl and even Sakurai supported adding him. Lack of recognization outside Japan didn't stop nintendo from adding both Marth and Roy in Melee, in fact it probably contributed greatly to the success in fire emblem games in the west. I could see them do this with Dragon Quest.
Hey if Japanese importance matters over Western importance, maybe a character from Rhythm Heaven still gotta chance? Is that more popular over there with Megamix initially selling pretty well? Eh, I can dream...

NintenEdgyMan

Smash Apprentice
Joker of course

Porky- This goes down to a theory I have about Mother 3 on switch and a remake and I don't feel like writing down all my reasoning.

Solarie- He is a namco rep from a series that basically popularized an entire genre. People really downplay his popularity too. I'd prefer Lloyd but this seems likely.

Doomguy- Bethesda has openly said they have discussed Smash with Nintendo. Although Skyrim is a huge game and has a medium smash fanbase, the character isn't as popular, recognizable, or just straight up cool as Doomguy. Doom also popularized FPS, so it's very important to gaming history.

Master Cheif- This might just be hopeful thinking on my part, but Microsofts mascot is definitely a HUGE name in the industry and Microsoft has shown they are willing to work with the big N. Joker also shows that you don't need a Nintendo connection of you are iconic/popular enough.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
If Banjo & Kazooie make it into the Fighters Pass I'll buy it instantly. Literally the only pair of characters I've wanted in Smash Bros. since forever now.

Starblax

Smash Apprentice
1. Joker
2. Erdrick (pffffff god why)
3. Banjo and Kazooie
4. Doomguy
5. no idea

5th slot is a wildcard. I'm banking on Sora though because he technically really isn't a Square rep, and if he was revealed he'd blow a hole through the internet

Grunky Peep

Smash Journeyman
As the title indicates, very simple. What do you think the contents of the fighter pass will be? Try to keep the list to what you honestly think Nintendo will do and not so much what you want the list to be.

- Note that Piranha Plant will not be included in the fighter's Pass.

DISCLAIMER: Remember that this is each of our opinions, leave the pitchforks at the door.

Here's my list

1. Joker from Persona 5 (as he was teased already as of this posting)
2. Lloyd Irvine from Tales of Symphonia
3. Geno from Super Mario RPG
4. Crash Bandicoot from his games
5. Banjo & Kazooie from their games
6 (Bonus Semi-Joke). Master chief from Halo Series.

I would've said Waluigi, Isaac and Shadow, but they are assist trophies soooooo.....
1. Joker
2. Sans
3. Banjo & Kazooie
4. Lloyd Irving or Heihachi
5. Geno

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
1. Joker
2. Sora
3. 2B
4. Rayman
5. Solaire

**** the leaks. Once upon a time, Joker was the most outlandish, "never gonna happen" choices. Funny how that works out.

If anything, Rayman is the least likely of these choices and that's really saying something.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I honestly can't make a list.

Between Piranha Plant and Joker along with the previous game breaking a rule for every character added it's hard to gauge what's realistic.

Zozo Citizen

Smash Rookie
2. The Builder from Dragon Quest Builders seems like a better choice than Erdrick, iconic and more likely as he is. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of classic rpg's. I'm an Erdrick enthusiast. It'd be cool if the alt costumes were all the classic DQ heroes. I want to see him in, but I understand the concern some people have about adding another generic sword guy... magic spells notwithstanding.
The Builder would be current since Dragon Quest Builders 2 is coming out in the near future, DQB1 takes place in the original NES Dragon Quest (Dragon Warrior) world, has an interesting gimmick for a potential move set, and allows for both male/female versions.
I don't think it's an unrealistic pick, but I have my doubts. Erdrick is the more obvious choice.

3. A Monster Hunter rep. Which is vague I know. It's difficult to say exactly who or what would represent the series. It just seems so odd that the game dedicates a boss, Rathalos, and other in-game resources to the Monster Hunter series yet there's no associated fighter. A palico perhaps? The only thing I'm certain of is that Monster Hunter has a strong chance.

I can't think of any strong evidence to credit more than these two fighters, who are already on shaky ground.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
So here is mine right now. I also have though of ideal reveal order and when.

1) Joker (2018 Game Of the Year Awards)
2) Banjo Kazooie (Microsoft E3 2019)
3) Porky (Nintendo's E3 2019, Along with Mother Trilogy 30th Anniversary Remaster)
4) Tracer (Blizzcon 2019)
5) Wildcard (Can't Think Of Anybody Right Now)

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
If only third parties plus spirits deconfirm

Joker
Slime
Banjo and Kazooie
Monster Hunter
Crash Bandicoot

if spirits don't deconfirm switch crash for rayman

third parties plus first parties

Joker
Slime
Banjo
Monster HUnter
Sylux/Elma or Elgard

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
Remember to keep "expect the unexpected" in mind from Reggie's VGA interview

Most Likely List:
Joker
Sylux/Porky
Banjo-Kazooie
Crash Bandicoot
Tracer (unexpected choice)

Other likely candidates:
Monster Hunter
Erdrick (no thanks I'm good)
Scorpion
Steve

My Ideal List:
Joker
Reaper
Banjo-Kazooie
Xurkitree
Crash Bandicoot

The list that would make me regret buying the pass:
Joker
Sans
Roblox Kid
Baldi
Goku/Some Fire Emblem Idiot

What do you think?

Last edited:

CodakTheWarrior

Smash Ace
This may be a misconception I had so I’m checking here to see, but didn’t Reggie say at the VGAs hat all the pass characters would be from new series to smash? I thought I read that somewhere but I don’t actually know if it’s true or not and am checking here for conformation

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
This may be a misconception I had so I’m checking here to see, but didn’t Reggie say at the VGAs hat all the pass characters would be from new series to smash? I thought I read that somewhere but I don’t actually know if it’s true or not and am checking here for conformation
I think he said "expect lots of characters from new series". I would have to watch VGA again to check. I put Sylux and Porky there because they are missing spirits, and Porky especially is known for his Smash appearance as a boss, which is very suspicious.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
1. Joker
2. Lloyd Irving
3. Banjo-Kazooie
4. Geno
5. Monster Hunter

Other Possiblities: Bandana Dee, Crash, Elma, Erdrick, Isaac, Sora, Waluigi.

Cetus

Smash Apprentice
1.) Joker (Obviously)
2.) Erdrick
3.) 2B
4.) Doomguy or Dovahkiin (Bethesda Rep)
5.) Steve or Banjo idk

Top Bottom