• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your realistic fighter's Pass list

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
joker may be trend breaking in the sense that hes the first character to even have appeared on a nintendo console before hand but he seems to me to fit the trend the third parties have been going in
Ehh I mean if you're counting Cloud's inclusion in FF spinoffs then Joker was in that Persona Q game that dropped just before his release (and again he isn't in yet so the rumored Switch release of Persona 5 could still beat him). Any rule that Joker breaks Cloud broke before him. And with the history SMT has with Nintendo and even the SMTxFE crossover in a very Persona style its not like he's some random rep with no connection to Nintendo.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Ehh I mean if you're counting Cloud's inclusion in FF spinoffs then Joker was in that Persona Q game that dropped just before his release (and again he isn't in yet so the rumored Switch release of Persona 5 could still beat him). Any rule that Joker breaks Cloud broke before him. And with the history SMT has with Nintendo and even the SMTxFE crossover in a very Persona style its not like he's some random rep with no connection to Nintendo.
i know but it has reached the point where theyre running out of characters thatd actually surprise me

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
If spirits deconfirm:
-Joker
-A Square Rep (can’t decide who)
-KOS-MOS/Lloyd
-Edelgard/another FE rep
-Banjo/Steve

If spirits don’t deconfirm:
-Joker
-Square Rep
-Bandana Waddle Dee
-Elma/KOS-MOS
-Banjo/Steve

My optimal list:
-Joker (He probably would’ve been on this list regardless of his confirmation)
-Elma/KOS-MOS
-Bandana Waddle Dee
-Edelgard
-Banjo
Honorable Mentions:
-Agnes (or any Bravely Default character)
-T-elos (as a surprise echo if KOS-MOS is in)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1. Joker (Persona 5)
  2. Porky (Earthbound/Mother 3)
  3. Crono (Chrono Trigger)
  4. Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
  5. Banjo & Kazooie (Banjo-Kazooie)

Hammer B

Smash Journeyman
My guesses are:

• Joker from Persona 5, of course
  • The Square Enix character that Vergeben has mentioned
  • A Microsoft character (Steve or Banjo-Kazooie)
  • A character from Fire Emblem Threehouses
  • A Pokémon character from the newest generation

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Assuming third party only:

My sadly not joking predictions:
1, Joker(does this even count as a guess?)
2. Erdick(again, rumoured)
3. Steve
4. Tracer
5. An Assassins Creed protagonist.

If there's any justice in this godless world:
1. Joker
2. Erdick
3. Tails
4. Crash Bandicoot
5. Rayman or Banjo Kazooie.

Last edited:

CodakTheWarrior

Smash Ace
Here’s my mix of predictions and wants:

1.) Joker
2.) Phoenix Wright
3.) Crash
4.) Steve
5.) Erdrick

Although if I were choosing, replace Steve with Banjo and Erdrick with Scorpion from Mortal Kombat (ideally with Sub-Zero as an echo or alt)

Last edited:

Sudz

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 3649 6707 8868
If Nintendo likes making money they'll add Crash Bandicoot.

I also fully expect Sylux to make it in because of Prime 4, and would not be surprised to see Banjo based on the extreme hype that it would cause.

Ornl

Smash Ace
Concerning Crash, to launch projectiles and make tornado attacks, there is already Mario.
Also, Crash was created from the Sonic concept (Wikipedia link)
- Because the player would be forced to constantly look at the character's rear, the hypothetical game was jokingly called "Sonic's Ass Game".
- Naughty Dog Wanted to do what Sega and Warner Bros. Sonic the Hedgehog and the Tasmanian Devil, and the fact that they were "cute, real, and not one".

So, do you think that copying other icons to impose a new icon is encouraged in Smash Bros ?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Concerning Crash, to launch projectiles and make tornado attacks, there is already Mario.
- Because the player would be forced to constantly look at the character's rear, the hypothetical game was jokingly called "Sonic's *** Game".
- Naughty Dog Wanted to do what Sega and Warner Bros. Sonic the Hedgehog and the Tasmanian Devil, and the fact that they were "cute, real, and not one".

So, do you think that copying other icons to impose a new icon is encouraged in Smash Bros ?
Might as well say we can't have Cloud because there already is a guy with a big sword.

Ornl

Smash Ace

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
- Because the player would be forced to constantly look at the character's rear, the hypothetical game was jokingly called "Sonic's *** Game".

This is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Crash is a gaming icon, who cares that he is based off of some other characters.

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
Who was the iconic fighter with a very big sword before Cloud in Smash? According to a survey, it is FFVII which is the 6th favorite game of the Japaneses : https://www.dualshockers.com/persona-5-best-game-time-famitsu/. No Crash. Also, Cloud was chosen to represent the entire FF series.
I'm really feeling it! This is the stupidity's power! His name starts with S and ends with Hulk.

This is by far one of the stupidest arguments against a character joining the fight I have every seen in my LIFE! Literally EVERY character besides Ryu Ken and Kirby show their derrières to the camera during the fight, and some even attack with it! Also, just because they share one similarity with another character (ex: projectiles) doesn't make them a carbon copy of said character. We have TONS of projectile spamming characters that are far different from one another. It's like saying Banjo can't get into Smash because he can shoot eggs as projectiles, or Karate Joe can't get in, because he can punch and kick. It didn't stop almost every single Fire Emblem character from getting in.

(I wish there was a dislike button...)

Last edited:

CodakTheWarrior

Smash Ace

I mean, Nintendo was fully ok with characters from M-rated series in, why in the world would they not want a huge gaming icon like Crash when his origins aren’t even known to the public anyway? It honestly seems at this point lie you’re just trying to come up with any reason to deny people’s wants, no matter how silly the reason may be

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I don't think there really is a realistic fighter's pass beyond what's confirmed right now.

Ornl

Smash Ace
This is what a very big sword looks like.

________

Crash
("Unique", "different", "that never saw it coming/not anticipate to be in Super Smash Bros", and "new to the series, just like Joker from Persona 5" : "this gives you a flavor about how we're approaching the DLC.")
I simply questioned that Crash is no different, nothing else. Read again. One can not designate a stupid reasoning in basing himself on an ad antitatem sophism.

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
This is what a very big sword looks like.

________

Crash
("Unique", "different", "that never saw it coming/not anticipate to be in Super Smash Bros", and "new to the series, just like Joker from Persona 5" : "this gives you a flavor about how we're approaching the DLC.")
I simply questioned that Crash is no different, nothing else. Read again. One can not designate a stupid reasoning in basing himself on an ad antitatem sophism.
This is also a very big sword.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Dude, Crash can spin. Like, REALLY spin, and do his special moves no one else does. Translating that to Smash Bros would be pretty nifty, if not unique lol. Also I'd imagine he'd be quite the unexpected surprise not unlike Joker, and he has NEVER touched an official Smash Bros game prior, so he'd be 100% new to it.

Ginsai

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-8248-1982-9689
Dude, Crash can spin. Like, REALLY spin, and do his special moves no one else does. Translating that to Smash Bros would be pretty nifty, if not unique lol. Also I'd imagine he'd be quite the unexpected surprise not unlike Joker, and he has NEVER touched an official Smash Bros game prior, so he'd be 100% new to it.
BRO I have been wanting Crash since brawl as a kid who grew up with Sony, Nintendo, and Sega. It would be killer to see the system icons of the 90’s go at it.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
We'll all prove Ornl the moron wrong once Crash and some of the other characters he "disconfirmed" make it into the fighters pass.
At this rate anyone at all being confirmed would prove Ornl wrong.

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
"Expect the Unexpected" huh?

1. Joker
2. DragonBorn
3. A Blizzard Rep or Valve Rep
4. Crash Bandicoot
5. BANJO - KAZOOIE

Remember when most people thought Isaac or Shadow was a Shoe in?

Sakurai is literally crafting a Hype bomb right now.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
More Realistic One

1. Joker
2. Sora
3. Dante
4. Banjo-Kazooie
5. Monster Hunter

Wishful Thinking One

1. Joker
2. Master Chief
3. Scoprion
4. Crash
5. Hayabusa

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Agh, I only feel confident in Banjo and Lloyd at this point. I still think Geno and Monster Hunter are possible but in terms of a SE rep I am leaning towards Erdrick a bit more now.

Ginsai

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-8248-1982-9689
1.Joker
2.Sylux
3.Geno(along with an announcement of an official continuation of Legend Of The Seven Stars with square and Nintendo working together)
4. Banjo
5. Erdrich

CodakTheWarrior

Smash Ace
Thinking about Scorpion’s chances, I actually made a full-blown moveset for him as well as one for Sub-Zero as his echo. I wanted to share them somewhere and was wondering where would be the appropriate place to do so? Sorry for the off-topic question I just wasn’t sure where else to ask it.

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
Thinking about Scorpion’s chances, I actually made a full-blown moveset for him as well as one for Sub-Zero as his echo. I wanted to share them somewhere and was wondering where would be the appropriate place to do so? Sorry for the off-topic question I just wasn’t sure where else to ask it.
The best place would be on Scorpion's support thread.

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
Joker
Banjo & Kazooie (E3 2019)
Geno (E3 2019)
Porky (September 2019 Direct, similar to Isabelle)
Chase McCain (Unexpected pick, Game Awards 2019?)

Or, take out Banjo and put Steve (Minecon World 2019) in. Or replace Geno with Chrono.

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
With Joker confirmed, a realistic fighters pass would probably be:
1. Joker
2. DQ Rep (most likely Erdrick)
3. Minecraft Steve/Banjo Kazooie
4. Crash Bandicoot
5. A Nintendo rep to promote an upcoming Switch game, be it Three Houses, Pokemon Gen 8, or Town

My wishful thinking DLC list would be:
1. Joker
2. Banjo Kazooie
3. Demi-Fiend
4. Porky
5. Crash Bandicoot

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
do those 29 character slots include or exclude piranha plant? and would mii fighter costumes take up some spots?

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
do those 29 character slots include or exclude piranha plant? and would mii fighter costumes take up some spots?
If you’re talking about the placeholder slots:
-Piranha Plant would not be included in the 29
-Joker would be included in the 29
-Mii Fighter Costumes wouldn’t take up slots on the CSS, but a new Mii Fighter type (like a Spellcaster) would take up a slot

But still, you shouldn’t really expect any more DLC beyond what we’re already getting.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

Wasn't the original Donkey Kong arcade game supposed to be Popeye, Bluto and Olive Oyl?

Mario himself only exists because Nintendo lost the rights to Popeye.

Top Bottom