• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Reaction If....

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
I guess I feel more happy that Fighter Pass 1 left on a good note, instead of... Them.

HWYR if Fighter Pass 1 ended on Min Min, FIghter Pass 2 started with Steve, and Fighter Pass 2 only has 5 fighters?

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
I would be delighted in a duel, but not in free-for-all or team battles.

How would you react if there was a special Smash Guest mode where you get to play as several generics, bosses, and other characters from famous franchises? To facilitate a larger sample though, they are restricted to a handful of moves.

RodAcoPer

Smash Journeyman
I would be delighted in a duel, but not in free-for-all or team battles.

How would you react if there was a special Smash Guest mode where you get to play as several generics, bosses, and other characters from famous franchises? To facilitate a larger sample though, they are restricted to a handful of moves.
Huh, neat

HWYR be if :ultinkling: had the Studio Headphones & :ultinklingboy: had the Pilot Goggles (as seen in their spirit artwork & Other Splatoon Artwork)
1611710250235.png 1611710308395.png 1611710454224.png

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
As long as it doesn't take up Alt 5 (that alt looks like my dog), then I'd be fine with it.

HWYR if every fighter gets a 9th alt (even thought it wasn't announced previously, and it just dropped today), and they are composed entirely out of [INSERT_COLOR_YOU_HATE_THE_MOST_HERE]

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I think that would be awesome

HWYR if Ashnard was the last DLC Character of Fighter's Pass 2?

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
If she was fun to play, then okay, but otherwise I'm not excited in the slightest. She might even be worse than Byleth.

HWYR if the next game had better movement and gameplay than Melee, with every character being viable with a simple at first but complex moveset with no clones, but only had 20 fighters (with only 5 newcomers)

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Eh... I feel SSBU has better gameplay as is, even competitively, so I wouldn’t be that pleased

HWYR if Nintendo’s first PS/Xbox/PC game after going 3rd party was a compilation of over 100 1st and 2nd party NES, SNES, N64, GCN, GB, GBC, GBA, and VB games?

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
1. Nintendo is 3rd party
2. Their first title is a compilation
3. That console lineup is weird, and I feel this would be quantity over quality.
Overall, extremely disappointed. I pray they don't just nostalgia bait if this did happen.

HWYR if for Smash bros next anniversary, they made a free short title containing the most broken smash characters (in terms of being OP) in their original form of when they were disgusting (i.e. we don't get Ultimate Fox, we get Melee Fox) with no items and tourney legal stages?

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
Your idea is sold after "Eggman took the Plant's place..." I would be delighted.

How would you react if for each game onward from Ultimate, all characters had a friendship meter that can be filled with respect to specific characters? When the meter is filled, a special team attack can be used in team matches with proper coordination, along with special team victory animations, music medleys, taunts, and other content, all unique to the bonded pair.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
It’s cute, but at the same time stupid and unnecessary, just clogging up more dev time that could be used on the main battle mode.

HWYR if Nintendo redesigned Peach, Daisy, Rosalina and Pauline to closer resemble Mario and Luigi body shape-wise?

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
"Huh, neat"

HWYR if on International Friendship Day (July 30), Nintendo posted this image (obviously theirs would be more professional than mine though)
fist bump.png

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
I mean, I like bunnies so I guess that's poggers.

HWYR if Hastune Miku was the last fighter pass 2 fighter (I know she isn't a game character, but technically a software character, but let's just forget that and say she is a video game character now) with the stage gimmick being that attacks either do more damage, knockback, or both if timed well with the song (and I guess it has around 36 songs)?

D

Deleted member

I would be excited because I love stages.

HWYR if the next fighter was Optimus Prime and one of the many songs he came with was Dare To Be Stupid by Weird Al Yankovic?

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
I would not be very enthralled about Transformers characters entering, outside of the 'behemoth fighter' appeal, of course.

How would you react if Smash Bros. had a smaller, mobile version with a roster that, besides staple characters, places a priority on characters from famous ,mobile games?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I would not be very enthralled about Transformers characters entering, outside of the 'behemoth fighter' appeal, of course.

How would you react if Smash Bros. had a smaller, mobile version with a roster that, besides staple characters, places a priority on characters from famous ,mobile games?
Not a fan, tbh.

HWYR if Eggman's hypothetical trailer was animated in the style of the Team Sonic Racing Overdrive shorts?

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
That'd be, like, sad.

Your most wanted got in Smash bros., but immediately after your first match of playing as them you get shot in a manner it's impossible to die from, but still painful. You do it again with the windows barricaded, but it still happens. Basically, each time you try to play as them or play against them you experience intense pain.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
That'd be, like, sad.

Your most wanted got in Smash bros., but immediately after your first match of playing as them you get shot in a manner it's impossible to die from, but still painful. You do it again with the windows barricaded, but it still happens. Basically, each time you try to play as them or play against them you experience intense pain.
No thanks.

HWYR if Sonic Mania used characters from Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog in the place of the Hard-Boiled Heavies?

Kikio4546

Smash Cadet
Excited, but I probably won't do them.

HWYR if your most wanted gets in but they have a game-breaking bug that can't be fixed?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Excited, but I probably won't do them.

HWYR if your most wanted gets in but they have a game-breaking bug that can't be fixed?
Not worth it.

HWYR if Crash had a :ultsephiroth:-style limited-time event called "The Gem Challenge"; each "Gem" you earn has you play only as Crash (to get a feel for him) and fight battles against Smash fighters by game. The battles are as follows:
  • Yellow Gem: A battle against the Original 12 on a 64 stage
  • Purple Gem: A battle against the Melee veterans on a Melee stage
  • Orange Gem: A battle against the Brawl veterans on a Brawl stage
  • Blue Gem: A battle against the Smash 4 veterans on a Smash 4 stage
  • Green Gem: A battle against Ultimate's base newcomers on an Ultimate stage
  • Red Gem: A battle against Crash; winning this battle allows players to use him early

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Ooh, that sounds good.

HWYR if they released a fourth form for certain stages: Hazardous Omegas, designed to be more streamlined but still wild versions of casual stages? Some examples being:

Peach’s Castle 64 is Battlefield with a bumper
Hyrule Castle is Battlefield with a tornado
Kongo Falls is an Omega with a rock to the side
Jungle Japes is an Omega with the river at the bottom
Summit is a Battlefield with a slippery bottom platform
Green Hill Zone is an Omega with the checkpoint balls showing up
Golden Plains is a Battlefield with the coin gimmick
PictoChat 2 transforms from an Omega to a Battlefield
Great Cave Offensive is an Omega with Danger Zones on the bottom
Gamer is a Battlefield where you still have to avoid 5-Volt’s gaze
Boxing Ring is an Omega with springs to the side

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Ooh, that sounds good.

HWYR if they released a fourth form for certain stages: Hazardous Omegas, designed to be more streamlined but still wild versions of casual stages? Some examples being:

Peach’s Castle 64 is Battlefield with a bumper
Hyrule Castle is Battlefield with a tornado
Kongo Falls is an Omega with a rock to the side
Jungle Japes is an Omega with the river at the bottom
Summit is a Battlefield with a slippery bottom platform
Green Hill Zone is an Omega with the checkpoint balls showing up
Golden Plains is a Battlefield with the coin gimmick
PictoChat 2 transforms from an Omega to a Battlefield
Great Cave Offensive is an Omega with Danger Zones on the bottom
Gamer is a Battlefield where you still have to avoid 5-Volt’s gaze
Boxing Ring is an Omega with springs to the side
Oooh, sounds like a neat compromise!

HWYR if this was the Smash series roster?

(Please note that I didn't fill in any of the last 3 spots)

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Depends on if I knew about the real roster beforehand.

HWYR if the next Smash game cut out the epic orchestra **** and went back to the intentionally campy UI, SFX and OC content style of Smash 64?

Top Bottom