• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

your goals in smash

Charoo

Smash Champion
The only goal I had back then for melee was to meet up with Masashi. He's my favorite smasher even now and then. Every other goal I had is met already during my era.

the only goal I have in smash now is to continue working with Neal and host more NCT tournament. Neal Mango and I brought it back too well to not do it again. I wonder what NCT4 will be base on...

DopedUp

Smash Rookie
get to the norcal Power rankings. I want to be like HMW and play like bob money or shroomed but don't wanna sound like shroomed.

Kira-

Smash Champion
I have new goals:

- first it was to get ranked (*pat on the back*)
- then to always move up every update (don't feel like i really earned this one yet but technically i did so so far so good)

- Now my goal is to consistently beat HugS/Lovage/Larry/LuCKy (ie get top 3 in socal). I also want to earn the right to say I'm the best sheik on the west coast, so I'll have to beat some good norcal players at active gamers and beat up washington/canada at tourneyplay. so 2 main goals right now

EDIT - not a goal but i'm really proud of not losing to anyone bad in a very long time, like since two PR updates ago. i also believe that i've been steadily improving over time and that the top players are now within reach as opposed to me getting ***** all the time and that keeps me happy

Lovage

Smash Hero
forgot about this good thread

i'm happy with how far i've gotten in smash, but i have new goals

1. stay consistent. i have to not lose to people i don't wanna lose to. i barely beat s2j last weekend and it scared me because i don't want to lose to any unranked players. when i go to a tournament i have a mental list of people i will let myself lose to, if i can beat them i'm really happy, but if i lose to anyone except them i'll get mad at myself.

2. beat a few more people. the top talent pool in socal is pretty small when you compare to norcal or florida or tristate. but i want to be able to beat (at least trade sets with) larry and....i guess just larry. i would say hugs, but i think last weekend was my only chance to beat him right now as he gets more back into the game. i had a good set but i didn't win so QQ. i don't think i can beat lucky for a while. i want to beat more norcal people. mostly falcomist and darell and kfc

3. do well at more big tournies. me (and kira and fly) did really well at genesis and i've always been happy about that. but big tournies **** and i want to continue to **** really hard at pound 4 and pat's house.

anyway
smash *****

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
1. Make it out of pools at Pat's House
2. Beat Hax in a money match

My old goal was to make it out of Pool's at Genesis but that didn't happen so I've been practicing extra hard to make sure I get out of Pool's at Pat's house.

As for beating Hax, well the next time I get the chance to play may be far off but I'm determined to beat him. If I don't well, then I'll try again later.

HugS™

Smash Lord
1. I want to relearn all my match-ups.
2. I want to become #2 behind Mango on the West Coast, and create a skill gap so huge between myself and those below me that every match I lose is considered an upset.
3. I want to place top 7 @ pound 4
4. I want to require less and less warm up time at every tournament.
5. I want to not wait until losers to step up my game.

Lovage

Smash Hero
also i wanna finish my fox on dk combo in ssb64
starts at 15% on the top platform of hyrule

uair.
shinecancel, follow him down to the ground with TWO non-fast fall downairs
utilt, run pivot utilt
(should be at 40-50 now)
drill, shinecancel jab
drill, shinecancel jab
weak bair into da pit
fair off the house
USMASH

idk why i felt like writing that down

Adam M!

Smash Lord
cant say i have any goals, i just like messing around

ohhhh man fox and marth are so fun

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
Beat P in a set
Beat KFC in a set
Get top 3 in singles at a notable socal tourney

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
My goal

Get somebody good to team with me in doubles / Get a consistant doubles partner

SuperRad

Smash Master
My goals:
-Be able to beat ender in friendlies more than 5-10% of the time
-Be able to consistently beat pocky's secondaries [marth, samus, dat ****ty fox specifically]
-Find some ****ty non space animal players in norcal and play Fox against them in friendlies
-Figure out how to play against fox so I don't get ***** by fukken pewfat little kids

JDM

Smash Champion
To eliminate/get better on my bad matchups(Peach,Falco,Ganon?) and to have more confidence in my Marth in tournament.

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
uhm lovage u already beat darrel o_O why is he on ur goals when u beat him a while ago

anyways i was very very close to accomplishing my goal last weekend. i ALMOST beat ss in a set with my marth. 3rd match on pokemon stadium... all i needed is a good edgeguard and all ss needed was a grab... and well he got the grab xD

BobbySiege

Smash Rookie
I want to be able to execute half of the shiz running through my mind and I want to find someone decent to team with who doesn't live on the other god **** side of the United States.

D

Deleted member

Become the best teams player in Socal

rank 10 wouldn't be bad either

Adam M!

Smash Lord
actually i really want to beat lunin in tournament the next time we play

it's only fair that he knows he's going to lose, after all. then he can plan for it
and still lose

Fabian

Smash Journeyman
my goal is to lose to MacD
looks like you accomplished that one for me kfc =[

To eliminate/get better on my bad matchups(Peach,Falco,Ganon?) and to have more confidence in my Marth in tournament.
who do you main? i thought you mained a spacie not marth
it did look like you lacked confidence in our set
potentially you couldve done better but its like you chose not to and just give up

JDM

Smash Champion
I go Marth vs Peach cause I'm always afraid of getting downsmashed for stupid amounts of damage and the chaingrabbing as Fox. (I main Fox/Marth)

Yeah and I did give up in our set(which I should never do no matter who I am playing.) Next time I won't give up.

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
my goal is to lose to MacD
looks like you accomplished that one for me kfc =[

pshhh

if u watch me and his sets

i won the first match and third matches in both sets

if they were best of 3's (the situation where me and him would most likely face each other)

then i wouldve won

-_-

but no johns macd is legit

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
force kfc to go to the next evet-52. as well as the rest of WC

& **** *****es w/ donkey kong

Adam M!

Smash Lord
I go Marth vs Peach cause I'm always afraid of getting downsmashed for stupid amounts of damage and the chaingrabbing as Fox. (I main Fox/Marth)

Yeah and I did give up in our set(which I should never do no matter who I am playing.) Next time I won't give up.
pick a main, im the only one who mains two characters and look how far that's gotten me

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
i main marth and fox too foo!

its the best combination seriously

eventually im gonna add falco, shiek, peach, and falcon to my repertoire

why? because im a high tier hoar

Adam M!

Smash Lord
sheik and marth > fox and marth

plus you don't count, you mained fox for like 3 years ******

plus look how far you've gotten

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
nearly beating ss, doing well against mango, being ranked on the PR for quite a while IIRC, etc?
yea kfc sucks

Top Bottom