• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

your goals in smash

practice_mAn

Smash Journeyman
More like Stomp TC + Zerkers + Demos + Docs, GG swooping #1 ladder from Panderan two seasons in a row.

Also, fine, Leon.

1. Learn to moonwalk taunt.

stomp TC zerkers??

sounds like WC3 ladder to me

PM me and play me!! my name is practice_man on USWest and I'm willing to learn if you help me get a little better. I know the basics of human ladder.

My goals in smash: to get P to say "you're getting better practice_man!"

And to Uair kouryuu 4 times into a knee.

bbb

Smash Champion
pocky has been known to black out and when he comes to, he suddenly has fewer friends

keeper

Smash Champion
well **** lol

just focus on your main dude
honestly if you split your experience over 3 characters it will take you much longer to improve
I only switch when I get bored or when I'm really frustrated (as far as friendlies go). I do all one character during a tournament day though.

stick with fox keeper. beat jesse in dittos in tournament. then do sheik

my goal is to conquer my ADD and finally commit to playing falco.
I actually took a game off of Jesse as Sheik. He's not using Fox as his main anymore apparently.

Kira-

Smash Champion
how did he improve so fast?

joe keep in mind it gets harder to improve the higher up you go
there are a lot of little things that are way harder to master than the basics

but then again i still suck at basics

DJMirror

Smash Master
My goal?

beating Kira and psychomidget

In tournament or MM

But that along time til that happen O___o

For now i have to beat...

P (0-7)
S2J (0-2)
any sheik players (4-5)
Kouryuu
DC$ (0-0)
Maple (0-0)
Pnoy (0-1)
Practice Man (0-0)
Bizzaro Flame (0-0)
TLR (1-0)
SDR (3-0)
TGL (3-2)

bbb

Smash Champion
well if I do it right away I won't have anything to aspire to anymore!

Kira-

Smash Champion
zerg is the coolest, how unique can you possibly get. blizzard hit the jackpot of innovation on that one

but i think we can all agree that terran is lame as hell. defense is for noobs, even their buildings run like a *****

well if I do it right away I won't have anything to aspire to anymore!
LOL I like the way this man thinks

HomeMadeWaffles

Smash Lord
johnny's been playing 64 for like 2 or 3 years before, too

idk i'm not really worried about it
especially since, sometimes, goals = expectations and you can set yourself up to fail
i'd rather just play to get better and not stress, because that works better for me =)

-joe

mio

Smash Ace
I just wanna have fun playing and up b some *****es every once in a while.

I love melee but I don't try hard to improve myself because if I did then I'd want to dedicate all my time to practicing... and I already do that with 3s so there's no more time to focus on another game. Plus Melee is the best game to spectate, so I'm perfectly fine with just watching the sickness.

practice_mAn

Smash Journeyman
but i think we can all agree that terran is lame as hell. defense is for noobs, even their buildings run like a *****
it's not all defense silly

Johnny plays terran

with terran you have to block off the path to your base with your buildings "in the python map at least"

I don't remember playing johnny 1v1 but we have played 2v2 and he was really offensive.

but it depends on what you're trying to do that game

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
who does he use in SC? protoss, the manliest race?
Terran is easily the manliest race. Not only is it the only race that actually has, well, men, but its SOOOOO much harder to play then the other 2 races.

Seriously you gotta take scvs out into the field and build buildings/repair in the battlefield. Wtf. Also you gotta have godly repairs against stupid early game toss pushes.

Oh your playing zerg? Did someone say medic marine? Watch out, because if your trying to macro/expand/scout while your army's moving across the map 2 lurkers might take out most of your army in 1 hit. Then you lose

They do camp like *****es, since their units suck at everything else. Contain contain contain

Nashun

Smash Ace
Please. All terran has to do is take his expansion and wait until he has 500 tanks and 30000 vultures and just attack move with 2/2 upgrades and take out every base.

Protoss is by far the manliest race.

Nashun

Smash Ace
Depends on what you mean by "strategic thought" though I disagree with the statement no matter which reasonable way you think of it.

Somebody play me.

Right now.

Top Bottom