• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your first EVER character.

j.rob

Smash Apprentice
Who and why?

Mine was mario. I was a fresh nintendo noob when I got melee, so I only reconised the mario characters (including dk and yoshi) and pika.
I did reconise link aswell but I didn't know it was link haha. I said to myself

"he looks a adult version of the little boy off the zelda game on my gameboy" lol

And everyone else was just a mystery haha. So yeah mario was my first. And he is still one of my mains as to now.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I first played SSB64. I read the booklet, and it said Mario was the allrounder, not incredible, but not bad, in every stat.

So I started out with him. Which has become a tradition since, in Melee and Brawl I also started out with Mario everytime.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Eh, I picked up either Bowser or DK (and sucked with them both, doing Bowser Bombs into the pits on Mushroom Kingdom 2 in Melee) cause they were my favorites in the Mario games (which were some of the only games I knew existed).

I main them both now in both games. And am quite competent.

JCav

Smash Lord
interesting topic, for me it was kirby back in the day with 64. all i knew how to do was dash attack and f smash and i thought i was good...

Baloo

Smash Ace
I picked Kirby, and I spammed his Side B.

I lost against level 1 CPUs regularly.

Then I used Pit, and I also spammed Side B.

D

Deleted member

fox in melee.

no clue why but after I got into adv techs I started playing other chars

welly321

Smash Rookie
in ssb64 i used link till i realized his recovery sucked. Then i used ness cuz i loved pk thunder and launching into people! lol

Majora's Incarnation

Smash Cadet
Pikachu in the original. Pokemon was the only franchise I knew about back then. I had no clue who the other characters were(Quote: Who is Mario?).

Cheesewulf

Smash Cadet
SSB64: at first was it Pikachu and Fox, but when I unlocked Luigi, I made him to my Main

Melee: I sticked with Luigi, and added Peach and Zelda to my fav character list

Brawl: you can see it in my sig

Talonzz

Smash Cadet
Well, I can't really remember, but I guess I used Donkey Kong in SSB64. I always thought bigger is better, but I soon find out that it isn't completely true ;)

Aveean

Purple Yoshi Double Dunker
SSB64 was my first game, I played it in a rich McDonalds near my old house. Being a Poke'freak at the time I immediately chose and stuck with Pikachu. Later I got the game and continued playing Pikachu and occasionally Yoshi.

SSBM: I started with Pikachu since I jumped from 64...didn't work..so I picked up Fox and he stuck.

SSBB: Started with PT, still with PT =).

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Smash 64: Mario
Melee: Ice Climbers
Brawl: Zelda/Sheik

I picked Mario because, as many people before have said, he's MARIO. Ice Climbers because I went "Hey, there's two of them!" And Sheik because I entered one of the Gamestop tournaments with random character select on, and that's who I got. I managed to win the thing, despite not being a Zelda or a Sheik player.

YUNq PHR3$H

Smash Journeyman
ike. i was ah noob && didnt kno anything.
i juss liked da fact dat he was strong as hell
den i reconsidered 2 da best ov da best ''FAlCO''
i liked he style ov play
&& he is ah cocky player like me = )

M@v

Subarashii!
I started on ssb64, and I was still on the Legend of Zelda craze(still am). My first character was Link.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I've never owned SSB64, but I rented it once, I believe I chose Mario first.
Melee: God. Its been ages! I believe I first chose Pikachu, but when that didnt work, I moved to Mario.
Brawl: Meta Knight, played it at the gamestop when I went to pick it up. My first fight was MK vs Ike on shadow Moses.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
Brawl: King Dedede

because off?: Random

Why Random?: because there were new characters I haven't played yet, or too see if any veteran characters changed much! I thought that random would pick each character fairly.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
First character was Mario just because I was a big fan of the franchise. (In 64 at least).

In Melee.... I think it was Pikachu. Not sure though.

In Brawl though, it was Sonic once I was finished with SSE (first thing I did anyways).

..but first thing I did when I found out TL was in the game... well yah.

JesseMeza

Smash Cadet
The first character I played was Kirby on Smash 64. I was a huge Kirby fan so I just had to try him out. I then move to Mario, then finally to Link.

When Melee came around, I was pretty used to Link already, so I just stuck with him. Got a feel for the new Kirby and Mario, started to like Ice Climbers and Marth. In the end, I mained Link.

Then Brawl comes around. I first played around with Pit and Meta Knight. Then moved onto Pokemon Trainer and Snake. My love for Link soon blossomed into Toon Link. Mario and Kirby soon fell out of my sight. My real goal, however, was to get to Sonic. :)

I didn't start playing competitively until about 5 months ago. As of right now, my main is Sonic, secondary is Pit, followed by Ice Climbers.

Count Ramsely

Smash Rookie
Mine was pretty simple. Ever since i had heard about Super Smash Bros 64, i had been dying to play it, cause i recognized some of the characters and levels. for a long time i never got to play it until a dumb friend (i wasnt really his friend, but he thought i was) offered to let me borrow it! XD DUMBEST THING TO EVER FOR ANYONE TO DO IS LET SOMEONE BORROW YOUR SMASH BROS WITH NOTHING IN RETURN!!! XD i told him i moved and lost it. (i actually did move but continued at that school until the end of the year, so he believed me, plus he was actually...very slow...anyways the point was i started out with Fox because i love Star Fox 64 and i saw he was playable and he had a level based of off Sector Z! then after i played it i loved until Melee came out...then i sold it to some kid for 10 bucks...worst thing i could have done with that game!!! DX Fox and Link were my best in SSb64, then melee came out and i was good with fox but then Ganondorf, Mewtwo and Link became my best. Now in brawl, Ganondorf is my #1 and my others are Link, Ike (who isnt good with him) Snake and a couple others.

$haDy

Smash Apprentice
Melee: I started with donkey kong because I played with him recently at the time in some other game.I used only two moves at first; Down B when i was in the middle of a fight and charge B when I got some space.

Brawl: I started with Lucas because I mained ness in melee for something fresh.I then tuned to all the other new characters.

Ange

Smash Lord
Melee:
Was SO long time ago that I barely remember, but I think it was Pikachu. Used him for nearly EVERYTHING I did around. I was a huge Pokemon fan so yeah. You could say I mained him, but I didnt play competitivly by then.
Had little to no clue who alot of character was tho, I pretty much only recognized characters from the Mario, Donkey Kong, Legend of Zelda, Kirby and Pokemon franchises. "Mr. Game and Watch? Who is THAT?"

Now when I think about it, I do think I recognized the Starfox team a LITTLE.

Brawl:
I kinda "started" with Pikachu, but something felt wrong when I played with him, no idea why, I play him pretty regulary now. Anyway, my first "main" was Lucario.

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
64: Pikachu, was a pokegeek.
Brawl: Jiggly. My love for her never died. <___<;; But I did go to other mains shortly after. It was like a revolving door, but now I'm back at Jiggly again.

:034:

Smash Hero
On 64, I picked Samus first because 'he' was the cool robot. (:

Then in Melee it was Yoshi for being a Yoshi fan

And in Brawl it was Meta Knight (tierwhore)

PKNintendo

Smash Master
First character I choose in 64 was Mario.

In melee I chose Ness since he was a starter.

In Brawl I first chose Mario.

x9whitey9x

Smash Journeyman
I cannot remember the first character I picked up in SSB or SSBM, but in Brawl it was certainly Fox, my Melee main. I dropped him quickly, though.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
PIkachu- he got me into the franchise.

SSBM= Pikachu
SSBB= Ivysaur

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
64: Kirby. Button mashing until I figured out the Up B and Down B FTW.
Melee: Fox. I spammed da laser all day, not realizing it's impossible to win with it....I also side B'd off the edge a lot.
Brawl: Marth. Hate the speed of his Neutral A now. Switched to Ike.

majora_787

Smash Hero
SSB64: It was either Samus or Fox. I trained with Fox first I think, but I used Samus in battle first. I used Fox more afterwards.

SSBM: I picked up and used Sheik almost immediatly.

SSBB: R.O.B. Now I use all three. ^^

SSBGX (What I want to call it from now on): If Ridley makes it in, which he should, Ridley will be my new favorite. It all depends on which newbie I think rocks the most. Like RIdley.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
My first character ever was Megaman. I played Megaman 1 on nintendo before any other video game so he's my first ever character XD

Top Bottom