• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Young Link Discussion

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
What if hbox just naired and faired more?
What if more top pros just started getting good with Young Link? I think if everyone just started going YL against him, he'd be forced to get good at the MU, or we'd make him quit smash!!

Hack

Smash Journeyman
Rapid jab can be alright for funsies when ledgeguarding spacies in some situations.
Otherwise, if it's not teams: no.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Armada didn't let him win the first set, he still wanted to win, he just wasn't as concerned because Hbox had to win two sets.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Even if Sheik didn't have a grab, I think the MU would still be in her favor.
Sheik is such a ***.
What kind of character has almost perfect frame data and still has strong *** moves that gimp and kill effortlessly? Oh wait...

rhan

Smash Hero
Only tip against SHeik.

Always have a bomb in your hand at all times.

You make up the rest as you go.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
what kind of character has crappy air mobility, a crappy dashdance, and no approach?

DK :awesome:
lawl, I love YL vs DK, gives me great practice with my spam game. Just shell the ape with projectiles until you get a combo going, DK can't really do much. :p

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Bowser vs. Young Link is so amusing. For the Young Link.

I can imagine the Bowser player wanting to kill himself.

rhan

Smash Hero
Bowser takes no brain power to play against.. It's sad how ez that match up is.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Bowser takes no brain power to play against.. It's sad how ez that match up is.
I've only ever done YL vs Boozer once, it was on Dreamland, and christ, he takes FOREVER to kill. After getting sick of spamming I'd try to approach, and my friend is obsessed with poking from playing SF and would poke me out of everything.

Ganondorf is ez too.
Jus not as ez.
lawl, no way its easy, that MU is def in Ganny's favor. His fair eats YL for lunch.

rhan

Smash Hero
You obviously haven't seen what YL can actually do to Ganon.. lol Ganon does have a slight advantage. But to get that advantage he has to hit us first.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Ganondorf just controls space too well, he's slower, but he's got that far superior range and high priority.
It's kinda like fighting a worse Marth.
And of course, Ganon has a much easier time killing.
YL pretty much has to avoid getting hit... at all.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
and ganon's upair has that reach to protect himself from above usually, lol.

i usually try to throw a rang and have it coming back, fire an arrow, and throw a bomb. that way if he catches the bomb, he might get hit with the rang which can lead to a nair or let me get another bomb

Top Bottom