• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

you snake players should use more forward b

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
its amazing.
with a combination of nades, forward b, and broken hitboxes, your opponent will literally have nowhere to go.

it's an amazing edguard, when your opponent is coming back, throw a nade near the edge, and another a short distance away from it, and shoot a nikita angled upward and drop it just right off the stage like, they really can't do anything about it. unless they perfectly time everything.

and it beats reflector moves because you can just drop it near them if they try to swat it away.
it beats spotdodges

shooting it upward at an aerial opponent forces them to airdodge, which, if you cancel it soon enough means, free uptilt or b-air or whatever you like to do

but most of you snake players seem to think forward b is a bad move or something wtf

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Thats true on what you say. Snake is the best character in the game. You guys just haven't gotten Snake to that potential yet because of neglected strategies like this one mentioned.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
We already know everything you say, I have a few of the reflect dropped Nikita's hitting a Falco, it depends who you're edgegurading if its a useful edgeguard, more often then not Nair/Dair > Nikita.

It's hard to hit aerial opponents unless its a character with slow aerial movement. (Maybe MK, but definately not Jigglypuff)

We know it beats spotdodges.

Me and Ninjalink abuse it.

Watch us more.

:mewtwo:

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
you dont necessarily intend to hit people with it in the air just to limit their options. which snake is the master of. you can control every part of the stage

btw snake isn't the best character in the game by far. I dont even think he's second best.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
is it possible to play snake without camping.

anyway I spam forward b. sometimes I find myself using it more than grenades.

also I think i'm the only snake who doesn't mortar slide. I find it somewhat pointless.

indianunit

Smash Journeyman
nikita's only good for mindgames.

i can't tell you how many times i just had it out there making myself look helpless just for my opponent to eat a ftilt.

other than that nikita sucks.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Nikita works perfectly well in Snake dittos... If you can judge both distances and direct the missile right as they're propelling their up-b in the perfect angle, it's a direct hit to go bye bye
qft

nikita kills a recovering snake off the top at like 100 percent

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Nikita is a pretty cool move, but not as versatile as his other explosives. I use it as a way to increase stage control when I already have two 'nades and a C4 out. It's also FANTASTIC in a couple of matchups (Nikita stops a fully charged Lucario aura blast? HOLY CRAP!!!) It's pretty decent for edgeguard as well. It's a fun move, but lacks the godlike quality of grenades.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I've only used it during really high recoveries to prevent getting punished upon landing, but come to think of it, nikita would be pretty useful against slow aerial movers like DDD.

Sergetrigger

Smash Cadet
The nikita is useful but it's just the lag from it and the inability to move Snake around during it makes it an inefficient move to use. If you're using it as an edgeguard, sure use it. High recoveries? Yes but cancel it.

If you're just using it like in a middle of a fight, the opponent can easily jump over it either due to not guessing where the dude is going or from the short speed it goes when it's turning.

However it does look nice when you use a nikita missile let it fly high in the air straight up, use a upsmash then trap them with a nair so the missile and the mortar both fall and hit your foe. But you gotta be extremely lucky or the other person just sucks.

cycon365

Smash Apprentice
I would like to see some box edgeguarding IMO, pretty much stops anything (cept falco), and lets you get a cheap shot in

EDIT oh yeah, it also brings the lulz

spudzalot

Smash Journeyman
After watching some of my gameplay videos from about a month ago I realized how addicted I was to Nikita. I would use it at the most ******** times.

But now I am much better. My favorite thing is to shield drop grenade and roll away then do it again and launch a Nikita. The grenades stay on the ground and I slightly raise the Nikita making it way difficult for my opponent to approach.

Then I got this from Ally. When you get hit really high use your upB. Then once you are at the highest point possible you cancel a Nikita and let it fall with you. People always fall for it in Ally's videos. I have had moments where I could cancel to Nikitas before I was in hitting range.

SH Retreating Nikita FTW!

Staco

Smash Champion
Ally wasnt the first who used this.
I used this by myself a long time ago, lulz.
And other Snake players still using it, too.

Omit

Smash Apprentice
use it for m1ndg4m3z (cancel it and they will shield bleh blah)

arwildcats09

Smash Apprentice
is it possible to play snake without camping.

anyway I spam forward b. sometimes I find myself using it more than grenades.

also I think i'm the only snake who doesn't mortar slide. I find it somewhat pointless.
So sliding across the stage in a wavedash like slide isn't useful? Wow I must be a terrible snake user.

spudzalot

Smash Journeyman
Ally wasnt the first who used this.
I used this by myself a long time ago, lulz.
And other Snake players still using it, too.
Didnt know that. Ally is the first player I saw using it. But I wasnt competitive until the beginning of the summer, so yah.

Natch

Smash Ace
NNID
Natch42
Fun thing.

Throw out a Nikita when they're off stage. Move it near the edge, then run in circles while it's going some 0.01 MPH. It's hilarious how hard it is it avoid. Try out the Nikita by only moving it slowly, you might find something useful out of that. I certainly have found some uses.

Staco

Smash Champion
And who the **** are you.

:mewtwo:
I said other Snake players are using it since a long time ago, too.
So shut up, lol!
I just told him, that I am using this, too, like a lot of other Snake players are using it a long time ago.
I just wanted to tell him, that this isnt a special ally thing, which he discovered (and used the first).

~PsykoTek~

Smash Cadet
lol you mean the missle launcher? lol it has it's uses but the grenades are so much better they really leave no purpose for the missle launcher, ask any pro Snake, or watch a Ally vid, they majority of everything is Shield Dashing, 360 Grabs, and Nade tricks, along w/ some jab cancels and foward tilts

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I said other Snake players are using it since a long time ago, too.
So shut up, lol!
I just told him, that I am using this, too, like a lot of other Snake players are using it a long time ago.
I just wanted to tell him, that this isnt a special ally thing, which he discovered (and used the first).
I know this. But Ally uses it the smarter ways.

I don't like forward b. Sorry.
Learn to love it, I've randomly shot a Nikita straight up in the air. It fell down about 15 seconds later and KO'd the person.

I would have died from a dthrow if that Nikita didn't come down. (**** Squirtle -_-)

Top Bottom