• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You Laugh You Lose: Gentlemen's Club Edition

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Lolol
My roommate has like 800 of those ****ing things. It makes me want to strangle someone.

Pi

Smash Hero
i have no sympathy
i work in the back, bust my ***, and make a lot less than the servers who complain constantly about everything

vZakat

Half Genie
I hate christians that do stuff like that. They need to go read the book of James. :mad:

Edit - I suppose hate is a little strong but either way, I definitely don't like the action. We already do enough stuff to make us look bad. >_>

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I don't think real Christians actually give that **** out.

Maybe people who call themselves Christians.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I saw the cowgirl before the edit as well, Jamaal. I lost to the moth and barely kept myself from losing to the link.:applejack:

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I heard rumours about the legends of partying. A man once named "sloppy joe" told me that in the depths of a billion sand grains, lies a hidden creature.

"You shall first go to the path of seven cans of beer. Then, march forward to the palace of dancing. You will find a boat that will lead to the island of svfvfdfg.

Your Journey will end once you have found a treasure chest."

"I see. Then I must get the proper gears of adventure and start my journey alone."

"You don't need to. I already finished that years ago."

He gave me a sacred bag. The bag that holds the key to become one of the gods of partying.
As soon as I grabbed it, I could feel it's immense power! Desperate, I slowly take a look inside....

It's blue.....
It has a hat......
It's...

It's....

[Collapse=IT'S...]
[/collapse]

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
I wish the "bronies" would just come out and say, "We think its amusing that we like a show that we are not the primary market for, that contains ponies, which are stereotypically considered feminine, and we have decided to troll everyone because of that"

and stop pretending that it's anything else.

but i guess it would ruin the game if you did that

the show is cool but it is really not that much better than any other cartoon that's on tv.
it just happens to contain ponies.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I don't know about you, but I happen to enjoy the show for what it is, rather than for the irony, troll fuel, or whatever justification you'd create to try to pin on the fandom. Different viewers will like the show for different reasons, and the fact that you're trying to lump the fans together into a single category is absolutely hilarious.

In that case, your "wish" made me lose. :applejack:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
lol
ghneko change your avatar i ****ing hate zero suit samus it's gay as hell

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I wish the "bronies" would just come out and say, "We think its amusing that we like a show that we are not the primary market for, that contains ponies, which are stereotypically considered feminine, and we have decided to troll everyone because of that"

and stop pretending that it's anything else.

but i guess it would ruin the game if you did that

the show is cool but it is really not that much better than any other cartoon that's on tv.
it just happens to contain ponies.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
I don't know about you, but I happen to enjoy the show for what it is, rather than for the irony, troll fuel, or whatever justification you'd create to try to pin on the fandom. Different viewers will like the show for different reasons, and the fact that you're trying to lump the fans together into a single category is absolutely hilarious.

In that case, your "wish" made me lose. :applejack:
there's absolutely no reason to make pony image macros and fill a thread with pics of ponies and even invent a word such as 'brony' other than to troll people. literally no other reason. especially continuing to do it when others have expressed distaste in it. That's the definition of trolling.
i like a lot of shows but I don't do any of that to that extent for any of them, even the ones that are marketed towards me.

There are people who are fans of the show and there are trolls. There are lots of people in this thread who like the show but don't spam ponies in the thread. ****, I like the show. trolls only have a pony avatar and use pony images because its ponies. not because you like the show. and i wish you would admit it. if it was a show about racecars or potatoes or bluejays, this wouldn't be happening, even if it was the greatest show of all time.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
there's absolutely no reason to make pony image macros
Just as much reason as any other image macro.

and have pony avatars
Just as much reason as any other avatar.

and even invent a word such as 'brony'
It was originally a joke phrase that just happened to become the label for people who like ponies. Combinations with the word "bro" happen a loooooooooot though.

other than to troll people. literally no other reason.
You're letting yourself get unintentionally trolled by mundane things like reaction images, avatars, and made-up words.

People who actually get upset over it are more pathetic than the people attempting to "troll" with ponies.

I remember when trolling used to be hard. Now I just say "pony" and people like you have a little *****fest. I don't often TRY to troll with ponies. Most drama is caused just by a mere miniscule presence of it.

You can continue what you're doing or you can post funny pictures. Either way has the possibility of making me lose. Or save the people here the trouble of wading through another dumb pony argument nobody cares about and ***** about it in the pony thread where we enjoy having people come in and try to stir things up.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
there's absolutely no reason to make pony image macros and fill a thread with pics of ponies and even invent a word such as 'brony' other than to troll people. literally no other reason. especially continuing to do it when others have expressed distaste in it. That's the definition of trolling.
i like a lot of shows but I don't do any of that to that extent for any of them, even the ones that are marketed towards me.

There are people who are fans of the show and there are trolls. There are lots of people in this thread who like the show but don't spam ponies in the thread. ****, I like the show. trolls only have a pony avatar and use pony images because its ponies. not because you like the show. and i wish you would admit it. if it was a show about racecars or potatoes or bluejays, this wouldn't be happening, even if it was the greatest show of all time.
This is fine.
I'd honestly agree with this if it didn't assume that every single MLP fan was lumped into this antagonistic group. You'll have your trolls. You'll have your meme spamming lunatics. You'll have every annoying fan and hipster under the sun.

But you seem to be under the impression that those are the only type of fans that exist. Have you ever considered that some viewers...wait for it...

...genuinely enjoy a cartoon about colorful ponies? Is that seriously a concept that you can't grasp?
Just because these type of fans are the quiet ones, doesn't mean that they don't exist.

You really just need to see the big picture here. Not every pony fan is the type of malicious creature you describe in that post of yours, and I hope in the future you'll look deeper into the fandom before saying something ridiculous. The loud, trolly fans aren't the only fans of the show.

We're probably being trolled by you right now, which really doesn't make anything better.

:applejack:

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
hurr durr it's possible to like the show but it's not possible to like the show and use a pony avatar without the intent of trolling

No wonder you're a ****ing janitor

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Janitor, if it makes you feel any better, I do actually think it's hilarious that you are so thoroughly mad about me liking the show. But it's not why I enjoy the show, and it's not why I find jokes about the show funny. It's honestly just a bonus feature of enjoying the show.

Top Bottom