• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You Laugh You Lose: Gentlemen's Club Edition

Pi

Smash Hero
I find it stupid that even though a video may make people laugh it's not allowed in this thread
When the purpose of the thread is to make people laugh
Who cares about some made up rules in the OP, post funny ****

You allow gifs, why not video's. Not all videos are funny due to their actions, and can be turned into gifs.

tl:dr
The rule is stupid, I come here to laugh, regardless of what does it.
It's not like watching a unfunny video is hurting any one.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
I find it stupid that even though a video may make people laugh it's not allowed in this thread

You allow gifs, why not video's. Not all videos are funny due to their actions, and can be turned into gifs.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
So did I...

This thread was made for pictures (including animated .gifs) but videos, with sound and all, are a completely different animal. Also, because most people can't embed youtube videos, it makes for aggravation on my part because it's more difficult to police them for inappropriate content. If you really want to post a video from youtube, rip it and make a gif out of it. If it's funny because of the dialogue or music or whatever, I don't think it's a good choice for a ylyl thread in the first place.

But really, my job is to enforce rules, arbitrary though they may be, and your job is to follow them.

Pi

Smash Hero
So did I...
This thread was made for pictures (including animated .gifs) but videos, with sound and all, are a completely different animal. Also, because most people can't embed youtube videos, it makes for aggravation on my part because it's more difficult to police them for inappropriate content. If you really want to post a video from youtube, rip it and make a gif out of it. If it's funny because of the dialogue or music or whatever, I don't think it's a good choice for a ylyl thread in the first place.

But really, my job is to enforce rules, arbitrary though they may be, and your job is to follow them.
You need to police youtube videos? Are you on their payroll?

And how is a funny video, regardless of why it's funny, inappropriate for a YOU LAUGH, YOU LOSE, thread?

I appreciate that you're moderating the boards, and this thread, and overall you seem like a chill guy, but I'm just at a complete lack of understanding as to why we are keeping funny video's out of this thread. Granted, there was rarely a funny video posted in this thread, but some of them I thoroughly enjoyed. And tbh it's rare to find a picture that actually has me laughing.

I just see the title, you laugh, you lose, and thought that was the main purpose of this thread. To make people laugh.

I just think we're putting too much structure on a thread that's spose to be in good fun

Top Bottom