• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You guys are treated unfairly.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
character specific forums would be a waste of a click and it would go the way of the beautiful competitive events forum

a better solution is to just have character general discussion threads in the 64 forum, they can be linked to in a stickied thread on the top if they fall off the main board. this is kinda how the character boards that no one looks at in melee ended up working.

i dont really see the point of getting a 64 mod since it's such an inactive forum with like 15 people that post. the mod would get really bored and start finding stuff to do (enforcing random rules like 1 liner posts) and wasting everyone's time. plus he would probably do stuff like infract tigerbombz or get pissed off when everyone makes fun of near. and if we cant make fun of near whats the point in posting
by "we" you mean s2j and yourself right?

I'll repeat, it is amazing how much hate/anger a video game can create towards another person. I've tried my hardest to be buddies and at times it seems we're all cool but then s2j pulls out **** like I lack mental capacity lmao.

good stuff s2j and lovage...good stuff :p

t3h Icy

Smash Master
We should just get a mod that frequents the boards, like Blue Yoshi. Or maybe Sheer.

Someone Yoshi-related.

D

Deleted member

by "we" you mean s2j and yourself right?

I'll repeat, it is amazing how much hate/anger a video game can create towards another person. I've tried my hardest to be buddies and at times it seems we're all cool but then s2j pulls out **** like I lack mental capacity lmao.

good stuff s2j and lovage...good stuff :p
i just want guides to be stickied in sections where newcomers and vets can talk about characters instead of it going to the back of the 64 forum

dang man

i hope ur not this gay in real life even though i am never going to see you

Skrlx

Smash Champion
i just want guides to be stickied in sections where newcomers and vets can talk about characters instead of it going to the back of the 64 forum

dang man

i hope ur not this gay in real life even though i am never going to see you
dang man

way to be the biggest douchebag I've ever seen. Maybe I should rephrase what I said so that your immature homophobic *** can feel comfortable.

"I've tried my hardest so that we can be _____"

Choose one:

a.) friends
b.) homies
c.) bro's

What kind of **** responds with "i hope ur not this gay in real life" after somebody is trying to establish peace with a person... OH WAIT. s2j

I seriously do not know what the **** is up with you, I try being friendly even though you constantly talk **** about me, and to be honest, I do not even feel the need to meet up with a prick like yourself to play Smash so maybe you won't be seeing my "gay" self in your life after all. You're one of the people that makes me dislike the console smash 64 community.

Which reminds me, your PM is a load of ****, you are not friendly in real life because anyone that is this much of a douchebag online certainly can't be "friendly" offline, and even if you were friendly, you would still be a douchebag for acting like a douchebag online.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I'm sure s2j is a nice guy in real life but near is right he is a pritty big douchebag on here. So is Lovage but Colbol says hes a nice guy in real life.

They just like to troll people for some ******* reason.

Lovage

Smash Hero
lol cuz near doesnt know about the internet and takes everything so personally

so hes scared to go to a real tourny cuz he thinks were mean ppl or something LOL

meet s2j in real life hes a cute little butterfly

Skrlx

Smash Champion
lol cuz near doesnt know about the internet and takes everything so personally

so hes scared to go to a real tourny cuz he thinks were mean ppl or something LOL

meet s2j in real life hes a cute little butterfly
dang man

i hope ur not this gay in real life

i've seen ur melee matches on youtube and to be honest, u ****ing suck.

u also sound like a big *** nerd when u say "brawl sucks" on that sausage fest montage video of "brawl sucks"

ur mom sucked my **** as well

p.s. u shouldn't get offended because it's the internet

The Star King

Smash Hero
No offense Near, you're a nice guy and all, but I don't think you're right for the mod position. Mods should be above flaming/trolling, instead of reacting angrily. I was unimpressed how you constantly fed Novakane's trolling and established yourself as a target, instead of acting proffesionally.

I seriously do not know what the **** is up with you, I try being friendly even though you constantly talk **** about me, and to be honest, I do not even feel the need to meet up with a prick like yourself to play Smash so maybe you won't be seeing my "gay" self in your life after all. You're one of the people that makes me dislike the console smash 64 community.

Which reminds me, your PM is a load of ****, you are not friendly in real life because anyone that is this much of a douchebag online certainly can't be "friendly" offline, and even if you were friendly, you would still be a douchebag for acting like a douchebag online.
^Example of you being personally offended by someone's flaming and resorting to flaming yourself, which will only prolong the hatred. Have you ever seen a mod act like this? Sorry, but big contributions to the community=/=mod powers.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
Shootingstar, this is not about me being a moderator, I can care less if I'm moderator or not. I was never being trolled by Novakane, where did you get that from? If anything he just simply made himself look like an *** more than anything. I am also above flaming/trolling but this situation with these two is just ridiculous.

I find it mind boggling that these two can think they can get away with saying the worst of the worst to me and then saying "it's the internet lol" thinking it's okay and whatever they said doesn't mean anything. If I were mod, these 2 would already be infracted for flaming and that's it, no paragraphs at all.

hint: it's called cyber bullying and very illegal
(not saying this is a MAJOR offense or whatever, but just to back up that whatever they do "online" does actually mean something)

The Star King

Smash Hero
Well OK about you not wanting to be a moderator, that's cool, but...

I am also above flaming/trolling

Yeah.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
Well OK about you not wanting to be a moderator, that's cool, but...

Yeah.
lol I can care less if some unknown jerk flames me or attempts to troll me from say, across the state, but these guys that I sorta know are local and also attend the tournaments near me.

I'm not gonna let that pass.

dch111

Smash Journeyman
Someone Yoshi-related.
This. There's just something about people who choose to main Yoshi. Actually we should just have Yoshi himself mod...he seems friendly and humble (serves Mario all day with a smile on his face) and balanced (center of the tier list).

Battlecow

Play to Win
In Near's defense:

a) He's right

b) The way in which he overreacted was actually quite clever. That counts for a lot with me.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
No offense Near, you're a nice guy and all, but I don't think you're right for the mod position. Mods should be above flaming/trolling, instead of reacting angrily. I was unimpressed how you constantly fed Novakane's trolling and established yourself as a target, instead of acting proffesionally.

^Example of you being personally offended by someone's flaming and resorting to flaming yourself, which will only prolong the hatred. Have you ever seen a mod act like this? Sorry, but big contributions to the community=/=mod powers.
Dont blame someone for attacking back, blame the one who attacks first <___<

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
Not taking a side but I find it funny that quite a few people attacked Near for defending himself instead of attacking those who just keep barraging Near with insults in the first place.

DMoogle

A$
People who are douchebags on the internet are always douchebags at some level IRL.

Just grow the **** up and don't be a douchebag on the internet.

D

Deleted member

dang man

way to be the biggest douchebag I've ever seen. Maybe I should rephrase what I said so that your immature homophobic *** can feel comfortable.

"I've tried my hardest so that we can be _____"

Choose one:

a.) friends
b.) homies
c.) bro's

What kind of **** responds with "i hope ur not this gay in real life" after somebody is trying to establish peace with a person... OH WAIT. s2j

I will never establish "peace" with a dumb **** like you especially when I am 100% in the right and you accuse me with some bull**** reason

When have you tried to be friendly? Which PM are u talking about? When do I constantly talk **** about you except when you think you are worthy of being something you are not? (a mod)

You seem to think how people act online are the same way they act in real life.
So are you as gay as you are online?

Skrlx

Smash Champion
can't see his post cause he's ignored BUT, you're right Zen, it shouldn't.

cya

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Maybe SSB64 should still have no mod and just be a crazy barrel of anarchistic fun. =D

MiketheMike

Smash Journeyman
Lets grow up guys, we're gonna end up seeing one another and meeting them for the first time sooner or later so lets not make it awkward if and when that time comes

Skrlx

Smash Champion
I will never establish "peace" with a dumb **** like you especially when I am 100% in the right and you accuse me with some bull**** reason

When have you tried to be friendly? Which PM are u talking about? When do I constantly talk **** about you except when you think you are worthy of being something you are not? (a mod)

You seem to think how people act online are the same way they act in real life.
So are you as gay as you are online?
That's fine that you don't see me fit for mod but you don't have to be a god**** douchebag about it. See shootingstar's post for an example on not being a douchebag but essentially telling me the same thing: I'm not fit for being mod. Notice he also mentioned why he believes that.

I am accusing you of being a **** on the forums and that is certainly far from being a "bull**** reason" as it's pretty evident looking at your posts toward other users and the fact that a bunch of people can confirm that.

Let's not act dumb and ignore the fact that your "hate" goes far from just this silly mod argument. You have disliked me since the AiB ladder days and for a really stupid reason too. What reason you ask? The plain fact that I used high deadzone settings with a Gamecube controller. You got a bit upset when I DI'd inside the tent, which I wasn't as far from it as you make it out to be. What did you say again? Something about me flying across the screen, lol! I was like less than or up to half an inch away from the tent.

About the PM, it's the one where I confirmed to you that I infact did go to Winterfest and you replied saying saying something like "ok lets meetup the next time. I am actually nice in real life", I am typing this from my DSi so I can't get a direct quote but that's what you basically said.

How was I being friendly? Weeeell, I dunno, maybe not getting pissed off and flame you guys back over the crap you and Lovage have been giving me for a long time? cont'd

Skrlx

Smash Champion
continued part2

One of the reasons why you and Lovage give me crap is that I don't attend tournaments. I genuinely do wish to attend tournaments but you try being 17 years old without a driver's license, the only person that drives in your family is your dad and he works all week. I don't have a job so I can't constantly buy MTS tickets to tournaments and to top it off, your parents are strict and don't let you travel to tournaments outside of San Diego. I get pumped when I see a tournament being held near me but then my parents say no after I happened to say I was gonna attend.

Like Mike said I do want to meet smashers without the awkward feeling because of crap like this. I plan to host that tournament without any awkwardness, pointless drama. I want to have fun.

No, I am not "gay" in real life. I just find it hard to believe somebody can be that rude online and be chill offline.

Anyways, see you at the tournament

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
This. There's just something about people who choose to main Yoshi. Actually we should just have Yoshi himself mod...he seems friendly and humble (serves Mario all day with a smile on his face) and balanced (center of the tier list).
You know... he used to serve mario loyally... until... (see avatar).

Ok, time for a serious post:

Whether people want it or not, the 64 boards is in desparate need of a mod. There are too many arguments / dumb threads being made that shouldn't be made, and with the lack of a mod, there's nothing preventing more from being made. A mod (whether it is me or someone else) who simply removes unneeded threads and posts would greatly help the 64 boards. In my opinion, getting a new mod should be of higher priority than to discuss what specific subforums we would like to have in our new section that we want.

As for the new section and sub-forum, well... we need a civilized way of figuring this out. I can think of several ways of making this work, but not all of them may turn out right... but either way I'll list out the ideas I can think of and let you guys discuss what would be the best course of action:

1. We have a voted-in group of 4-5 people (or so) discuss what changes would most benifit the 64 boards (while making sure each has a use and won't be as dead as the melee Kirby boards... you know what I mean...). They do everything themselves, with no help (or maybe some help) from the rest of the community. Basically like how the government makes laws. I personally don't think this would be our best course of action, but knowing how some people can ruin good discussions, it may be better. I think this is what we wanted to have happen before, but it failed miserably.

2 (probably my favourite). Same idea as the first, we have a voted-in group of people. However, instead, the 64 community as a whole brainstorms / discusses what changes would most benifit the 64 boards. Then, this voted in group will discuss privately in-depth which ideas are the best. This way, everyone is involved, while we still have a group of people making a final decision on what would be best. This way, even though the group may think having a sub section where only Isai may post his smash knowledge (just making something random up), the group can decide whether it is worth including or not (and in this case, the group will hopefully reject the idea...). Once they have a good set of changes in their opinion, they can post it for the entire 64 boards to see, so that anyone can suggest changes that should be made (at this point, it may be something specific that doesn't really change much, but that does help our cause).

3. We continue doing what we've been doing, getting everyone to talk about everything at once, usually resulting in arguments and nothing getting done.

I'm hoping my bias doesn't instantly convince everyone to instantly hop to #2, but #3 has failed us so far, and #1... well, there's going to be arguments over who got elected (obviously will happen to #2, but at least they can still help).

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
Blue Yoshi, you are suggesting solutions to something that is not the main problem. The main problem is that we do not have our own section and are even placed below things that are not smash-related, while this is a forum about smash. We already know what would benefit us most: being placed above the non-smash stuff, being treated as a real smash game. The admins know about this and all they've done is change the title of this category, which doesn't help much at all. The reason they gave as far as I know is that the community is too small. So there are two solutions to the main problem: convincing the admins that we need our own section, or letting this community grow. In my opinion, the second solution will be a result of the first, but the admins don't see that.

In any case, everyone can help by not scaring people away with personal vetes and disrespect, and by just helping newcomers (kaillera players, melee/brawl players, friends, etc.) get into this community.

I think things like subforums and even moderators are less of a problem than this.

DMoogle

A$
In any case, everyone can help by not scaring people away with personal vetes and disrespect, and by just helping newcomers (kaillera players, melee/brawl players, friends, etc.) get into this community.
One major reason we need moderators is to encourage this, and to make sure people aren't "scared off" by trolls.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
That's funny, they want to see our community grow before they make any changes but in order to grow you need to be seen as another serious competitive "Smash game" with its own section and not that kiddy link under "Gaming".

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I know we want our own section, but you also have to think of it the way they are. Simply saying "we want our own section" won't get us anywhere.

Lets say, for the sake of argument, that they do simply just "give" us our own section. Now we are under melee and above the "general discussion" (containing the pool room, debate hall, and forum games). What are they going to put in our section? Well, obviously, there's the general 64 discussion boards, but... is that it? Having our own section containing no sub-forums is pointless... meaning it would be better to keep it where it is.

Think of it this way:

SUPER SMASH BROS MELEE

- melee discussion

- melee back room

- 1-player mode

- character specific

- video discussion

SUPER SMASH BROS 64

(no sub-forum)

GENERAL DISCUSSION

etc.

As good as that is for us, think of it in an admin's point of view. That would be just a messy block in the middle of the main page. For what it's worth, they can easily clean it up and put it under a category that includes other games (which is what they currently have, with us under "gaming").

What I am saying is that we should figure out what sub-forums we think would be most useful to the 64 boards. If we ask for our own section, but say we think having a "tournament sub-forum", "video sub-forum", etc. is also necessary along with the general discussion, then now we are going in with more sections, meaning that the stray 64 boards topic now has some content in it on the main page.

Also, having multiple sub-forums (like tourney and video... this is an example, I'm not saying we need those... though it would be good to have ;) ) will also encourage them to take us out of gaming. If a sub-forum has multiple sub-sections, then keeping it in an un-related main forum doesn't work that well anymore.

I know what we want (i.e. the separate section), but... well, think of it in an admin's point of view, and you'll see reasons why they don't just want a stray 64 section. I've dealt with very similar stuff (not board specific, but very similar idea), and the way I suggested in this post was how we succeeded in what we wanted (I was an executive in my student's council in highschool... so I've had this situation come up quite often).

edit: remember Lawrencelot, I'm on your side :p I also want us to have our own section.

Also, having a mod is necessary whether people want it or not, especially if we want to have our own section. There is no way that they would give us our own section without having a mod (I'm surprised we don't have one now). That said, having a good mod (or mods ;) ) will make the boards better organized, thus making our chances of getting our own section greater.

lol, re-reading this, I could almost copy the entire post, and paste it in the "mod resume" thread. I swear that it was unintentional lol :p

ballin4life

Smash Hero
It's not that ugly at all seriously it makes no real difference even if it's a subsection with just one forum. It's a smash game it deserves its own section. Who is going to complain about a subsection with one forum? IT MAKES SENSE TO HAVE EACH SMASH GAME GET ITS OWN SECTION THIS IS A SMASH WEBSITE.

Top Bottom