• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You guys are treated unfairly.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
wow...

remember guys, i'm on your side. Maybe we don't have the exact same idea or methods, but... aren't we all fighting for the same thing? I don't think I deserve to be yelled at for suggesting another method of getting our own section. All I did was state that I had similar problems in the past, and suggested the method we used to be successful.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
I'm not yelling at you. I think that the reasons smash64 deserves a section are simple. If the admins or whoever think that we need more people, more forums, and all the things you are suggesting, then I think they have the wrong priorities.

You're not wrong for suggesting these things but it is wrong that you have to suggest them at all... if that makes sense.

MarioReincarnate

Smash Journeyman
Why don't we make a bunch of new accounts, then flood the brawl and melee forums with "where is the ssb64 section?" threads until they give in

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Blue Yoshi is right. Everyone is divided yet everyone wants the same thing. The way all this is going, nothing will ever get done. This thread is a just a bunch of useless sporadic "I vote ___ to be mod" and "We should have this! We should have that! :mad:". Who the hell are you voting to? The fact that people are continuing to ignore how things work is what's keeping this place in the dumps. Lawrencelot is right in saying how everyone can hep basically by showing this is a sophisticated board that actually will have a GOOD influence by getting its own section.

All people have been doing is complaining and whining (with the exception of few). That's not going to get you anything. "It's not fair." Life's not fair. Talking about how wrong it is, isn't going to fix it. There's Nothing productive in that. People need to stop ****ing arguing and work together to meet a common goal. All these debates are ******** and only limit the productivity of the board.

Mario, that's just one of the many examples representing the immaturity of some of the people on this board. Seriously dude- even though you're not serious, that talk on leads us in the opposite direction from where we're trying to go.

D

Deleted member

continued part2

One of the reasons why you and Lovage give me crap is that I don't attend tournaments. I genuinely do wish to attend tournaments but you try being 17 years old without a driver's license, the only person that drives in your family is your dad and he works all week. I don't have a job so I can't constantly buy MTS tickets to tournaments and to top it off, your parents are strict and don't let you travel to tournaments outside of San Diego. I get pumped when I see a tournament being held near me but then my parents say no after I happened to say I was gonna attend.

Like Mike said I do want to meet smashers without the awkward feeling because of crap like this. I plan to host that tournament without any awkwardness, pointless drama. I want to have fun.

No, I am not "gay" in real life. I just find it hard to believe somebody can be that rude online and be chill offline.

Anyways, see you at the tournament
Not going to tourneys is fine, but promising to go to a tourney 6-7 times and not going to ANY of them (including the one you were supposed to host) is pretty dum, seeing how Lanstar is always down to give you a ride also

Skrlx

Smash Champion
There is a really good example of a ssb64 section that I would like to see on smashboards: http://www.smashgalaxy.com/Forum/ scroll down until you see the smash 64 section and click on the forums to see subforums. (ignore all the spam bots lmao!)

Not going to tourneys is fine, but promising to go to a tourney 6-7 times and not going to ANY of them (including the one you were supposed to host) is pretty dum, seeing how Lanstar is always down to give you a ride also
Those 6-7 times were my parents saying no. The time where I didn't go to a tournament that I was supposed to host was because of me sleeping in (and I take full responsibility of that). Lanstar does offer me rides but my once again my parents are strict, my parents don't really like the idea of me getting a ride from another 17 year old because of lack of driving "experience" but Lanstar tells me otherwise that his dad teached him how to drive and he happens to be a professional driver or something like that. I'm gonna need to get my driver's license soon anyways because my dad isn't gonna be taking me to community college next year after high school.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
We don't really need extra forums. Competitive events isn't getting any posts and threads that should go in there like the MATTS! tourney stay in general discussion. People don't post enough videos to sustain a single video thread, let alone an entire forum. I think the character forum with one thread for each character is an ok idea though. Maybe an online forum too to attract some attention to online play and answer all the questions about playing online.

I don't really know what Exn is saying. It seems like his post was just saying that I should stop whining or something. But I'm not really sure what he wants me to do instead.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Yeah, how do we even make progress? =/

But anyway, I agree completely with ballin, there isn't enough discussion for a video section, or maybe not even a character section. However, maybe this will change if the community grows enough.

D

Deleted member

I thought the same thing when i saw this. It's terribly disorganized. I really hope something is done about this. Has anyone tried emailing whoever is in charge of this site? I don't think it should have a video forum, it just needs character boards and (a) mod(s).

Last edited by a moderator:

dch111

Smash Journeyman
There is definitely enough discussion for character sections...it just doesn't seem like it at first. Look within the threads made here in just the past couple weeks--there's at least several character specific threads. That amount every couple weeks over the course of an year organized into character subforums would really help to free the clutter in general discussion. I mean, look at it--threads that were fresh just a week ago are vanishing to the second page already. In general we need some kind of real organization other than stuffing everything into general discussion.

Btw, on a preemptive note, the lack of muster in the Competitive events subforum is not a good example for debate...it's not that active due to lack of financial interest that drives melee's and brawl's. The character subforums would be more active though, mostly with newcomers, but that's a good thing. Interest in the game is greater than interest in tournaments.

postscript: members also wouldn't have to waste time reading things about characters they don't play, or concern themselves with, or are not experts on, etc. The ask a question get an answer thread...don't know how many times I've visited that to find a post for an answer I do not know because I don't play that character. If it was posted in a character subforum, then not only would it be more organized, it would also save people's time. And future players would have an easier time looking for things pertaining, instead of digging through everything. The (overrated) search function doesn't hold a candle to some basic, sound organization. Is it more expensive to organize it this way or something? I really don't get it.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
I think a lot of posts would happen in said character forums when newcomers view them and ask questions

asianaussie

Smash Hero
The ability to sit down and write a serious, informative wall of text in a forum filled with dispute, eliticism and controversy...is mod stuff.

I've said it before (three times, I believe), but Blue Yoshi would be a good mod candidate.

D

Deleted member

The ability to sit down and write a serious, informative wall of text in a forum filled with dispute, eliticism and controversy...is mod stuff.

I've said it before (three times, I believe), but Blue Yoshi would be a good mod candidate.
Blue Yoshi is probably the best candidate

If i somehow became a mod I would do good too since I write serious walls of text on n64 stuff and make instructional vids so people stop suking. I don't care either way but if I became one then I would change 64 forums so that it stopped suking. Unfortunately since I nominated myself I don't think i have a chance now

If Near became a mod he would do nothing, infract people for dumb reasons and promote his dum bot-spammed forum

RandomThundah

Smash Rookie
I would nominate BlueYoshi for mod mainly for his reasoning, informativeness, and spelling/grammer skills. He also seems to have quite a following in the SB64 section so that's always a plus.

That aside, the forums would be missing a lot of content if we were to start off the way smashgalaxy.com did, not to say we can't fill it but rather since no one has really taken the time to create impressive character specific guides or general knowledge of the do's and don'ts, I find that from a admins perspective it might be a waste of space.

I'm pretty sure the admins are aware of the situation but like many have said before, we're doing nothing about it. Exn said that it's mostly whining and complaining about stuff we want for the forums but simply we haven't went out of our way to add content or reasoning to our claims. If you look at the current threads it's mostly about match ups and match making for kaillera or online tournaments and brackets.

While brawl was most likely gained instant forums and subforums, brawl has a bigger population as much as I hate admitting it. With all the hype that went with brawl, making forums for it wouldn't seem like a bad descision because content was overflowing all the time.

I'm not saying that this game isn't popular or people haven't tried in the past but to me it seems like there is no effort in people wanting to better themselves or the community it follows here on SWF. Newer players are more or less forced to outsource if they want to get char specific knowledge or general concepts of all chars or want to join a community who will support them and help them.

There's a lot of senseless bickering that goes on and flame wars up the wazoo and it seems to be circled directly to online play or tournaments in general.

Things like this is why we need mods for this section and simply having a bigger forums with no mods sounds ludicrous.

Don't get me wrong, I would like to see a forums for SB64 but it seems senseless if you put things in perspective and BlueYoshi is right about viewing this in perspective of the admins. Creating user created polls for promoting users to mods seems inappropriate because a staff member didn't post it and voting for one won't do anything unless a admin aprooves it and it also sounds a bit rebellious in a sense that we have no mods but since the admins won't appoint one we'll just take over kind of mentallity imo.

I'm on your side guys but if you disagree with anything I've said tell me why with reasoning.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
In terms of a guide for newer players I think it's about time I gave you this link:

Amazing Guide for Newbs

If you need help and that guide doesn't have the info, you should post on the ask a question thread.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
So you were asianaussie, you lied to me! You said you weren't cheeseball.

D

Deleted member

I would nominate BlueYoshi for mod mainly for his reasoning, informativeness, and spelling/grammer skills. He also seems to have quite a following in the SB64 section so that's always a plus.

That aside, the forums would be missing a lot of content if we were to start off the way smashgalaxy.com did, not to say we can't fill it but rather since no one has really taken the time to create impressive character specific guides or general knowledge of the do's and don'ts, I find that from a admins perspective it might be a waste of space.

I'm pretty sure the admins are aware of the situation but like many have said before, we're doing nothing about it. Exn said that it's mostly whining and complaining about stuff we want for the forums but simply we haven't went out of our way to add content or reasoning to our claims. If you look at the current threads it's mostly about match ups and match making for kaillera or online tournaments and brackets.

While brawl was most likely gained instant forums and subforums, brawl has a bigger population as much as I hate admitting it. With all the hype that went with brawl, making forums for it wouldn't seem like a bad descision because content was overflowing all the time.

I'm not saying that this game isn't popular or people haven't tried in the past but to me it seems like there is no effort in people wanting to better themselves or the community it follows here on SWF. Newer players are more or less forced to outsource if they want to get char specific knowledge or general concepts of all chars or want to join a community who will support them and help them.

There's a lot of senseless bickering that goes on and flame wars up the wazoo and it seems to be circled directly to online play or tournaments in general.

Things like this is why we need mods for this section and simply having a bigger forums with no mods sounds ludicrous.

Don't get me wrong, I would like to see a forums for SB64 but it seems senseless if you put things in perspective and BlueYoshi is right about viewing this in perspective of the admins. Creating user created polls for promoting users to mods seems inappropriate because a staff member didn't post it and voting for one won't do anything unless a admin aprooves it and it also sounds a bit rebellious in a sense that we have no mods but since the admins won't appoint one we'll just take over kind of mentallity imo.

I'm on your side guys but if you disagree with anything I've said tell me why with reasoning.
I will write a good number of the character guides and/or at least a bare layout to be filled out by people more experienced in that character.

We already have some guides made by people that are hidden away deep in the 64 forums and other guides people will make them.

There's already a bunch of topics here asking about certain character matchups as well.

Akaku94

Smash Journeyman
As someone who just bought Smash64 on VC earlier this week, the first place I looked was here. I agree with you guys that it's almost impossible to find any good topics. We definitely need the basic character boards, stage board, and 1p-mode board, but other than those basics, I think the general discussion holds the miscellaneous stuff pretty well.

:kirby:

RandomThundah

Smash Rookie
In terms of a guide for newer players I think it's about time I gave you this link:

Amazing Guide for Newbs

If you need help and that guide doesn't have the info, you should post on the ask a question thread.
When I was talking about newbie segment I wasn't actually referring to myself. I'm no pro at sb64 but I can hold my own but it's not like I disregarded any tips.

The newbie part was for people who don't want to or don't know how to navigate the forums well enough that would like to improve their game. There are some parts covered but so much could be added which is why experienced players should help out if they can and have the time.

I choose not to write a guide mainly because I don't consider my exp long enough to start telling other players how to play.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
When I was talking about newbie segment I wasn't actually referring to myself. I'm no pro at sb64 but I can hold my own but it's not like I disregarded any tips.

The newbie part was for people who don't want to or don't know how to navigate the forums well enough that would like to improve their game. There are some parts covered but so much could be added which is why experienced players should help out if they can and have the time.

I choose not to write a guide mainly because I don't consider my exp long enough to start telling other players how to play.
You misunderstood. When I wrote "It's about time I gave you this link...", I was referring to the Smash Community as a whole, not you persoanlly. Obviously I'm not going to make judgements on someones ability if I don't know who they are or how long they've played, etc.

Anyway sorry for the misunderstanding.

NeoKronos

Smash Apprentice
It's not that ugly at all seriously it makes no real difference even if it's a subsection with just one forum. It's a smash game it deserves its own section. Who is going to complain about a subsection with one forum? IT MAKES SENSE TO HAVE EACH SMASH GAME GET ITS OWN SECTION THIS IS A SMASH WEBSITE.
Yes. When I first came to the website I was shocked at how insignificant 64 is compared to the other megaliths. Regardless of numbers, it IS a smash game, it is THE ORIGINAL smash game, it IS COMPETITIVE, it IS CURRENT, and it IS FUN.

Therefore it must have its own section on a website that is about smash games. If the website doesn't want to include 64, then it shouldn't imply such a generic notion of community.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Yeah, it should be called "MeleeBrawlBoards" since they don't really include 64. Smashboards is suppose to be the entire series as a whole, not a 3rd of it.

Top Bottom