• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You guys are gonna love me...

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
i just checked it out....finally i have a reason to keep my irish ig sig :) im goin home and perfecting it

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
i love this morethan the ig because im sure there will be less complaints after they get owned by it lol

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Wow, I thought I found this myself...but someone found this before me. :) anyway, if you dash and reverse grab after nana grabs(with another down throw instead of back throw), you grab them again with popo, you can wait a half of a second, and dthrow, nana will slide into the correct place to do the grab again, thus making it an infinite. I've only really gotten it 6 times in a row though. Timing is rough....This one looks like the second part can be shaken out of, and the right DI may hurt the foward air. I'll post a vid later....

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Good find Hylian but I'm afraid this could get easily banned for tournaments =/ Anyway, Idc too much about brawl nowadays, I'm willing to watch your supertechnical fox again if you'll like to put some vids with it. Killing people this way will get you bored soon or later, so it wont be bad if you went back to melee and play fox again =) and record it of course >_>

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Good find Hylian but I'm afraid this could get easily banned for tournaments =/ Anyway, Idc too much about brawl nowadays, I'm willing to watch your supertechnical fox again if you'll like to put some vids with it. Killing people this way will get you bored soon or later, so it wont be bad if you went back to melee and play fox again =) and record it of course >_>
I still play melee. I should have a combo video coming pretty soon.

Unusual_Rex

Smash Journeyman
I think thats sorta stupid ban character.

Yeah, they may have infinites. To me it seems like some guy is just getting pissed that he can't beat them so BOOM auto ban... I dunno.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
I still play melee. I should have a combo video coming pretty soon.
That's good, then I'll be checking around melee boards and see if I can find something (It'll be good if you have the chance to PM me when you upload it =P)

Oh and, it'll be a fox combo video or samus combo video? (or both?)

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
That's good, then I'll be checking around melee boards and see if I can find something (It'll be good if you have the chance to PM me when you upload it =P)

Oh and, it'll be a fox combo video or samus combo video? (or both?)
Fox............:)

St. Viers

Smash Champion
good stuff hylian...and glad to see you're still playing melee (I would if people still played me in my small smash community), and can't wait for epic fox-ness-- ^_^

*disclaimer: long-time hylian fanboy...*

Also, if I ever get brawl, I will master this...but until then I need less technical ways to win <_<

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I have long time fans??? o.O.... :).

While I have been technical for a very long time, I wasn't playing on a professional level until 2007 >_>.

FmAiGkGeO

Smash Cadet
Personally, I can pull it off. Found out from some other video before this one. You can make it better and KO at about 80% with a grab if you grab with nana then use popo to step back and start charging the upsmash then nana backthrow with the popo hitting with the up smash. I don't know if that's what was done. But the video I saw was just up throw to upsmash.

Personally I think it should be banned it tourneys. It's way cheap and me and a friend tried and there's no way to DI out of it with marth or mk. Granted it's an amazing combo. But it's just too powerful. You can do the throw spike combo up to 60-67%. That's just a ridiculous combo.

Miller

Smash Lord
Holy **** people stop complaining. Dont even try to say IC will be banned from tournies. Why dont you play them and see how hard it is to get even slightly good with them.

Niko_K

Smash Master
How about you stop going to great lengths to try and justify why it isn't a ridiculous tactic? Ill give myself 2 days and make a video of me doing these combos with IC.

Just to prove your own point.

studly

Smash Ace
ridiculas guys..so secrative...lol that hylian has to fend off so many idiots

yeah so someone needs to get this thing and some omore of void's work on youtube

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Slowly starting to enjoy my mothertongue again. :)
How about you stop going to great lengths to try and justify why it isn't a ridiculous tactic? Ill give myself 2 days and make a video of me doing these combos with IC.

Fine. Then I'll make a video of me wobbling people to death.

Just because it's an infinite chainthrow instead of wobbling doesn't mean it should be banned/is cheap.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Wobbling = Melee
Infinite Grab = Brawl

They are completely different....Oh and I can already do the death combos with IC and ive been practicing it for maybe 30 minutes....

Guarenteed 0-death combo's are fair even though its impossible to break out of!

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion

Be sure to do it 4 stocks in a row without making a mistake.

Edit - Also record yourself doing it on Jigglypuff, Olimar, Marth, and Bowser. Fluently switching between them in practice mode. Otherwise, I doubt you'd pull it off in an actual tournament.

Buddha

Smash Apprentice
first of all, mad props to hylian and void. great cgs and great vids.

couple questions (yes i have read all pages and didnt see these answered specifically):

1. what minimum % percentage do they have to be for this to be truly unescapable? there seems to be quite a bit of delay to set up for the bthrow--say 35% or so?

2. does the timing differ from character to character? i know it does for the dthrow, but wasnt sure about the bthrow.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Well I captured my attempt of 3 stocks grabbing against bowser....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=q4ERqWiUKaM

I can conclude that it really isn't too hard to pick up. Ill record other characters.
LOL!!!!!

Seriously?

LOL.

You didn't even do an infinite. No one would ever ban what you just did. They wouldn't even think about it. You set yourself right next to the edge and only did 2 alternating throws. That doesn't show consistancy.

Go to Final Destination and kill Jigglypuff/Olimar/Bowser/Snake off of the top of the stage with one grab. Preferably on someone who is trying to struggle out. A level 9 computer would work.

I bet you won't be able to get a video of that, or even this CG, which is popo dthrow --> Nana Bthrow on these characters without ****loads of practice.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Lol to you, I played IC for maybe 30 minutes and can do alternate grabs and cgs.

of course with practice I could do it all. But I dont want to waste my time learning infinites. I never said I was posting the video to show consistency. Just how easy it is to perform an unescapable grab combo.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
On second thought I think I don't believe that you can cruel waveshine someone (or even on training mode). Maybe if you show me a vid or 2 I'll be convinced ;D

Oh and Hylian, have you ever played someone (online) named nova (samus main) ? Because he said yes, and he's my friend =P

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
On second thought I think I don't believe that you can cruel waveshine someone (or even on training mode). Maybe if you show me a vid or 2 I'll be convinced ;D

Oh and Hylian, have you ever played someone (online) named nova (samus main) ? Because he said yes, and he's my friend =P
Yeah, I have played with him.

And nito, you proved nothing. The combo you did was very situational, and on a level with a small death zone.

No **** you found it easy. Now try doing one on someone and killing them off the top from 0 with one grab.

You can DI to get out of the fair spike, so what you showed was pointless.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hylian is a noob. I know how to get out of his chaingrab. He showed me at the last tourney.

You just punch him in the face while he's doing it.
It hurt so much that I had to stop :(.

Good think I still beat Lee Harris in that tournament though >_>.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
:(:(:(:(:(

Seriously though, your ICs are sick. You should have used them in the semi-finals. I almost crapped myself when I saw your fancy chaingrab.
I wasn't confident enough vs Snake with them. Snake is really hard to grab, and since he is so heavy the grab combos are hard to pull off. I can do them pretty well now so next tournament we will see :). I never lost a tournament match when I used IC's >_>. So maybe I should of lol.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Odd, I find the grab way easier to do on heavier characters. There's much more of a... rhythm to it. Then again, I trained it on heavy characters, so I may just be used to that.

Oh, here's a short clip of me practicing it on Ike.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqT8QunuBb8#GU5U2spHI_4
I've gotten it down a little faster since that video, but what I want to know is if that is fast enough so that my opponent would not be able to break out of it. Assuming that the first two fairs landed, would the rest be good enough? There are a few moments where I kinda pause, so I just want to know if that was done well enough to work on a human.
And yeah, I know a human would've survived that.

Top Bottom