• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem Discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Guys.... Guys....

Despite the fact that they're more likely to put in characters from the recent games...

CMON!!! WE ALL WANNA SEE HECTOR!

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Er, not even kind of. I prefer Eliwood for my Elibe rep. I'm not a fan of Hector at all. I like Ephraim though.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Why not? ^_^
They all have the potential to have unique movesets.
And to me, Smash 4's roster shouldn't boast any less than 55 characters.

Brawl's going from 25 to 35 playable characters was pathetic, frankly.
Hopefully they can get more done this time around.
Sakurai already said we're not gonna see that many new faces this time around. We may barely get 45.

Brawl's 25 to 35 was pathetic eh? Try taking a course in programming and say that eh?

Wondra

Smash Cadet
Unfortunately, Sakurai is thinking the opposite... -_-
I still don't know how to feel about that update...

Sakurai already said we're not gonna see that many new faces this time around. We may barely get 45.

Brawl's 25 to 35 was pathetic eh? Try taking a course in programming and say that eh?
I am a designer / programmer. ^_^
Yes, coding is indisputably labor-intensive, but how much time it takes isn't nearly so inevitable. Sakurai has an entire Team at his side; And frankly, the bottom line is that they either need to work harder / faster, or they need to invite more designers / developers on board this project.

Nintendo has the resources, and Smash's popularity / success demands whatever's necessary to make it so that getting things done isn't an issue, at all.

I'm not exactly sure why it's safe to assume that what should be expected can't be expected, but whatever problem Sakurai is facing that's making it hard to deliver, trust that said problem is avoidable

There's really no excuse at this point.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Brawl's going from 25 to 35 playable characters was pathetic, frankly.
Brawl has 39, not 35. Transformations are counted, both by Sakurai and the community, because they have their own seperate movesets and files.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I still don't know how to feel about that update...

I am a designer / programmer. ^_^
Yes, coding is indisputably labor-intensive, but how much time it takes isn't nearly so inevitable. Sakurai has an entire Team at his side; And frankly, the bottom line is that they either need to work harder / faster, or they need to invite more designers / developers on board this project.

Nintendo has the resources, and Smash's popularity / success demands whatever's necessary to make it so that getting things done isn't an issue, at all.

I'm not exactly sure why it's safe to assume that what should be expected can't be expected, but whatever problem Sakurai is facing that's making it hard to deliver, trust that said problem is avoidable

There's really no excuse at this point.
You said you're a website programmer right? Try making extensive and detailed models for the characters, making sure they're animations don't freak out, changing hitboxes and properly balancing (at least attempt to :troll:) the characters WHILE still holding true to their series and the creators wishes? Lot harder than a website right (which after making some myself, I'll admit is not very hard, more time consuming than anything)? This is only the characters. After that he has to make stages, music, modes, etc. Sakurai has done a wonderful job so far. Don't act spoiled and stay his work is pathetic.

Wondra

Smash Cadet
Brawl has 39, not 35. Transformations are counted, both by Sakurai and the community, because they have their own seperate movesets and files.
I'm sorry, the distinction of four more characters barely makes a case against the fact that the roster was still lacking, debatably of course.

It wasn't bad, it was just small, imo.

You said you're a website programmer right? Try making extensive and detailed models for the characters, making sure they're animations don't freak out, changing hitboxes and properly balancing (at least attempt to :troll:) the characters WHILE still holding true to their series and the creators wishes? Lot harder than a website right (which after making some myself, I'll admit is not very hard, more time consuming than anything)? This is only the characters. After that he has to make stages, music, modes, etc. Sakurai has done a wonderful job so far. Don't act spoiled and stay his work is pathetic.
"Spoiled?" That's offensive. Calm down.
While I commend your appreciation and attempt to defend Sakurai's work, I assure that my opinion was much less an attack, and much more a critique.

He's not doing it by himself. As I said, and as you know, he has an entire development team to help him. That much manpower should be able to get more done. And Sakurai has already admitted that he hasn't been very good about allowing his team to assist with the physics.

If anything, I'm supporting his theory in that he should delegate more responsibility in an attempt to get things done faster.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I'm sorry, the distinction of four more characters barely makes a case against the fact that the roster was still lacking, debatably of course.

It wasn't bad, it was just small, imo.
It's huge by most fighting game standards. Only games that have more that stand out in my mind are some of the KoF dream matches and MvC2(3 as well? IDK). TTT2 as well I think.

Brawl had 14 more characters than Melee, with a total of 19 newcomers(I think I did the math right), compared to Melee's 12 newcomers and no cuts.

He's not doing it by himself. As I said, and as you know, he has an entire development team to help him. That much manpower should be able to get more done. And Sakurai has already admitted that he hasn't been very good about allowing his team to assist with the physics.
He was doing the character balance by himself before now. But yes, now he does have more people working on balance. That said, he's made it clear that he wants to do more this time than fill a quota of new characters. Quite frankly I cant think of more than around 10 or so characters who really deserve to be in Smash.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Personally I'm not all that concerned about deserving, just have a bunch of figures I'd like to see in SSB who would be fun and unique. I think worrying about deserving or not is kind of silly.

Shinipichu, where did you get the pictures in your signature?

Though, I think SSB's roster could easily double in size if allowed. I'm hopeful we'll see more characters this time around than ten new additions.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Shinipichu, where did you get the pictures in your signature?
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=320445

Though, I think SSB's roster could easily double in size if allowed. I'm hopeful we'll see more characters this time around than ten new additions.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGSiTXyBzk&t=0m6s

Going from a cast of around forty to eighty in one game is a horrendus idea. I hate people who just want to stuff the next Smash game with a bunch of horrible filler characters.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
Going from a cast of around forty to eighty in one game is a horrendus idea. I hate people who just want to stuff the next Smash game with a bunch of horrible filler characters.
agreed. id rather have 40 characters i actually know and wanna play as, and all feel unique in their own ways, rather than 80 characters with no sense of balance making only about a dozen actually worth anything.

Wondra

Smash Cadet
It's huge by most fighting game standards. Only games that have more that stand out in my mind are some of the KoF dream matches and MvC2(3 as well? IDK). TTT2 as well I think.

Brawl had 14 more characters than Melee, with a total of 19 newcomers(I think I did the math right), compared to Melee's 12 newcomers and no cuts.
I guess I'm going more by what Nintendo has to offer, which is a lot more than 39. With intimate attention payed to each series, Brawl could have very well have had 50 reasonable characters, all with unique movesets and stats.

He was doing the character balance by himself before now. But yes, now he does have more people working on balance. That said, he's made it clear that he wants to do more this time than fill a quota of new characters. Quite frankly I cant think of more than around 10 or so characters who really deserve to be in Smash.
Only ten? How um, exclusive.
Who all would you add, if you don't mind my asking?

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Only ten? How um, exclusive.
Or conservative. At least I'm not adding a bunch of second stringers nobody cares about.

Who all would you add, if you don't mind my asking?
Check my sig. Subtract Zoroark, Micaiah, Hector, Waddle Dee, and Black Shadow, maybe add Chrom and sub in whatever Namco character you prefer for Lloyd, and you get the characters I think have a good shot at being in Smash 4. It's not exactly ten, but it's in the neighborhood.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I guess I'm going more by what Nintendo has to offer, which is a lot more than 39. With intimate attention payed to each series, Brawl could have very well have had 50 reasonable characters, all with unique movesets and stats.
We would have gotten Brawl by about 2014 then.

D

Deleted member

Number of characters Nintendo has to offer =/= Number of characters reasonable to include.

Wondra

Smash Cadet
Or conservative. At least I'm not adding a bunch of second stringers nobody cares about.
Yeah.. I read your disposition towards large rosters.
Fortunately though, Nintendo has a rich enough history to include 50+ characters all while avoiding redundancy. This isn't a roster within one series, Smash encompasses all that is Nintendo (at the time).

Your so called "second stringers" are characters that are important within their own series, which speaks to that attention to detail and intimacy I mentioned earlier.

In my mind, it's reasonable to look at each series individually, in an attempt to assemble a more wholesome roster. Thus far, Smash has been a popularity contest; That's not cool.

And the thing is, if Sakurai were to a wholesome approach, all of the supposed popular characters would still get in.

For instance, I feel that both Ridley AND Dark Samus should be included. Both are prominent, reoccurring villains within the Metroid series. Both have unique moveset potential. But we both know Dark Samus probably won't get in. Why? Because Dark Samus is a "second stringer that nobody cares about?"

Yeah, that's bullsh*t.

We would have gotten Brawl by about 2014 then.
Don't be so dramatic.

Number of characters Nintendo has to offer =/= Number of characters reasonable to include.
-_-

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You say that Dark Samus has potential to be unqiue (it does) but then get on Toon Link's case?

XD

Listen we will get around 45-50 characters this time. More than that is not necessary, plus you're forgetting one thing.

Making things takes money. Why spend all the time and money making a 60+ roster when one of 45 will make about the same amount of profit?

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Your so called "second stringers" are characters that are important within their own series, which speaks to that attention to detail and intimacy I mentioned earlier.

In my mind, it's reasonable to look at each series individually, in an attempt to assemble a more wholesome roster.
It's also important to look at the importance of each series as a whole. For instance, a small series like Xenoblade or Golden Sun probably wouldn't get more than one character, despite having a number of supporting characters that could be called important.

For instance, I feel that both Ridley AND Dark Samus should be included. Both are prominent, reoccurring villains within the Metroid series. Both have unique moveset potential. But we both know Dark Samus probably won't get in. Why? Because Dark Samus is a "second stringer that nobody cares about?"
Thing is, though, is Metroid important enough to warrant that 4th slot? So far, the only series to get that many have been the Big 3(Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon). Is Metroid as important as those franchises? Sure, it's as old as Zelda, but it has a spotty attendance record(missing out the N64 entirely), and its popularity, while decent, doesn't even approach the level of the three I mentioned.

Thus far, Smash has been a popularity contest; That's not cool.
If it were a popularity contest we'd have nothing but Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon characters with a few others scattered about. If Smash were a popularity contest, we'd never have gotten Captain Falcon(who is popular BECAUSE of Smash), or any Mother or Fire Emblem characters. We also wouldn't have G&W, R.O.B., or the Ice Climbers.

50 characters is reasonable, yes. However, it's ludicrous to think that we'd get much more than that, or that 50 is somehow the "minimum." There's more to Smash than just the roster.

Wondra

Smash Cadet
You say that Dark Samus has potential to be unique (it does) but then get on Toon Link's case?
I admittedly misspoke in that instance.

Listen we will get around 45-50 characters this time. More than that is not necessary, plus you're forgetting one thing.

Making things takes money. Why spend all the time and money making a 60+ roster when one of 45 will make about the same amount of profit?
What? These character inclusions aren't physical products. I doubt it's significantly more expensive to include more characters. It'll cost time, not money. But as I've said, it shouldn't cost that much more time considering the team of people working on this project.

Why NOT spend the time making a roster that truly flexes Nintendo's history? Simply because not doing so might make the same amount of money? Yeah, you may consider this a god business decision, but if Sakurai / Nintendo were to publicly admit to this sort of thing, it'd be perceived as lazy, not savvy.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
What? These character inclusions aren't physical products. I doubt it's significantly more expensive to include more characters. It'll cost time, not money. But as I've said, it shouldn't cost that much more time considering the team of people working on this project.

Why NOT spend the time making a roster that truly flexes Nintendo's history? Simply because not doing so might make the same amount of money? Yeah, you may consider this a god business decision, but if Sakurai / Nintendo were to publicly admit to this sort of thing, it'd be perceived as lazy, not savvy.
Time is money. The more time that is spent on a project, there more money is need for the resources and to pay the team working on it (and if going by your way, it would quite large, or should all of their hard work go unpaid?).

I think it is a good business decision. It means that they can spend time on other things like music and stages. It's not lazy at all. Plus every business does things like that., they don't need to announce it.

Wondra

Smash Cadet
It's also important to look at the importance of each series as a whole. For instance, a small series like Xenoblade or Golden Sun probably wouldn't get more than one character, despite having a number of supporting characters that could be called important.
I didn't say they should unintentionally try to have the same number of reps per series, that would be unreasonable. But there are certain characters within certain series that at least deserve more serious consideration, like Dark Samus for instance.

Thing is, though, is Metroid important enough to warrant that 4th slot? So far, the only series to get that many have been the Big 3(Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon). Is Metroid as important as those franchises? Sure, it's as old as Zelda, but it has a spotty attendance record(missing out the N64 entirely), and its popularity, while decent, doesn't even approach the level of the three I mentioned.
Four? No, three. Samus, Ridley, and Dark Samus. That, to me, seems reasonable, and well representing of the Metroid franchise.

While sure, it may not be as popular as the big 3, only having had Samus up until this point has been nothing less than negligent.

If it were a popularity contest we'd have nothing but Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon characters with a few others scattered about. If Smash were a popularity contest, we'd never have gotten Captain Falcon(who is popular BECAUSE of Smash), or any Mother or Fire Emblem characters. We also wouldn't have G&W, R.O.B., or the Ice Climbers.

50 characters is reasonable, yes. However, it's ludicrous to think that we'd get much more than that, or that 50 is somehow the "minimum." There's more to Smash than just the roster.
You're taking what I said all the way to the extreme, first of all.
Much in the way series like F-Zero, Mother, Fire Emblem, and the retro series were included and in a way Revived via Smash, that initiative, if you will, has not been utilized to it's potential. We still have Advance Wars, Balloon Fighter, Golden Sun, Mach Rider, Legendary Starfy, Sin and Punishment, Punch-Out!!, Custom Robo, XenoBlade, etc that could receive the same treatment.

Having a bunch of assist trophies frankly wasn't good enough, especially not after having been teased by such consideration and digging as was so graciously utilized via including F-Zero, Fire Emblem, Mother, etc.

They started a fantastic trend, and kind of dropped the ball with Brawl. Why? Who knows. But trust, thinking that certain characters should have been playable by now is by no means ridiculous.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Much in the way series like F-Zero, Mother, Fire Emblem, and the retro series were included and in a way Revived via Smash, that initiative, if you will, has not been utilized to it's potential. We still have Advance Wars, Balloon Fighter, Golden Sun, Mach Rider, Legendary Starfy, Sin and Punishment, Punch-Out!!, Custom Robo, XenoBlade, etc that could receive the same treatment.

Having a bunch of assist trophies frankly wasn't good enough, especially not after having been teased by such consideration and digging as was so graciously utilized via including F-Zero, Fire Emblem, Mother, etc.

They started a fantastic trend, and kind of dropped the ball with Brawl. Why? Who knows. But trust, thinking that certain characters should have been playable by now is by no means ridiculous.
They can only do so much. You're starting to come of as entitled.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Er, I wasn't saying a roster of 80 for this game, I was saying the overall roster in future games can continue to grow. You misunderstood that, though understandable since the way I worded it was a bit odd.

And personally SSB is far more about characters than anything else. It's why I actually care about the series. If it was filled with characters I don't care all that much about (like most fighter games are for me) I'd have stopped following it long ago. I also imagine it's significantly easier to do balance patches than DLC characters, all things considered. *shrugs*

Wondra

Smash Cadet
Time is money. The more time that is spent on a project, there more money is need for the resources and to pay the team working on it (and if going by your way, it would quite large, or should all of their hard work go unpaid?).
Oh stop.
I've stated many a times that I think they need to find a way to do more in less time, not take longer. You're being ridiculous.

They need to deliver a quality product that clears the hurdle that Brawl set, that being having a disappointing roster. Period.

I think it is a good business decision. It means that they can spend time on other things like music and stages. It's not lazy at all. Plus every business does things like that., they don't need to announce it.
Businesses that cut corners so blatantly like that, and deliver a product that a large number of customers perceive as being under-par, are apparent; and the Vast majority of them don't do well unless they're a monopoly.

If Smash 4 doesn't deliver, and trust people will be more hesitant to buy this game this time around because of how Brawl was a disappointment, guess what, people Won't Buy It.

So no, it wouldn't be a good business decision.

They can only do so much. You're starting to come of as entitled.
"Entitled?" Hardly.
By your logic, none of us have any right to have any opinions about what might come of this game.
I'd like to support, I'd like to spend money on this game. I'd also like to see a few things happen this time around. It's not being entitled, it's being a fan.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Four? No, three. Samus, Ridley, and Dark Samus. That, to me, seems reasonable, and well representing of the Metroid franchise.
ZSS counts as a 4th character. She has her own seperate moveset form Samus. And yes, just Samus is kind of ridiculous, but I honsetly would be fine with just Samus and Ridley. Though that discussion belongs in a non-Fire Emlbem thread.

You're underselling ATs. They're a great way to give exposure to unproven series. Just look at what it did for S&P: Saki being an AT renewed interest in the series enough for Nintendo to localize S&P, and to greenlight a sequel. Edit: Same with Starfy IIRC, and Punch-Out to an extent.

Edit: I'm not saying that smaller series shouldn't get representation. Just that we shouldn't jam the roster full of them.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Oh stop.
I've stated many a times that I think they need to find a way to do more in less time, not take longer. You're being ridiculous.

They need to deliver a quality product that clears the hurdle that Brawl set, that being having a disappointing roster. Period.

Businesses that cut corners so blatantly like that, and deliver a product that a large number of customers perceive as being under-par, are apparent; and the Vast majority of them don't do well unless they're a monopoly.

If Smash 4 doesn't deliver, and trust people will be more hesitant to buy this game this time around because of how Brawl was a disappointment, guess what, people Won't Buy It.

So no, it wouldn't be a good business decision.
You're changing your argument a little.

If you want to make a good game in a short amount of time.

Brawl did deliver. It actually sold a lot more than Melee did, even if it was a "disappointment." So this so called "terrible business decision" made more money. What do you think Nintendo will do?

Wondra

Smash Cadet
You're underselling ATs. They're a great way to give exposure to unproven series. Just look at what it did for S&P: Saki being an AT renewed interest in the series enough for Nintendo to localize S&P, and to greenlight a sequel.
Having them as ATS accomplished nothing more than what having them as playables would have accomplished.

I'm in Full Support of ATs. I loved the idea, I just thought that certain ATs deserved to be playable.

You're changing your argument a little.

If you want to make a good game in a short amount of time.

Brawl did deliver. It actually sold a lot more than Melee did, even if it was a "disappointment." So this so called "terrible business decision" made more money. What do you think Nintendo will do?
That's a misleading fact, and you're not looking at it correctly.
People bought Brawl not knowing who all was included as playables, not the other way around. Once people had played it, a formidable number of people expressed discontent with it's roster, and laterally, a hesitance to buy the next Smash installment if commits a repeat offense.

So yeah, Brawl did well.
But Smash 4 won't if it makes the same mistake Brawl did.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
People bought Brawl not knowing who all was included as playables, not the other way around. Once people had played it, a formidable number of people expressed discontent with it's roster, and laterally, a hesitance to buy the next Smash installment if commits a repeat offense.
Aside from complaints about Mewtwo and Roy, I have no idea whay you're talking about. Edit: Other than for cut characters, there was no universal complaining.

Wondra

Smash Cadet
Aside from complaints about Mewtwo and Roy, I have no idea whay you're talking about.
That's a personal problem.

Much like the concerns I've expressed here (no playable Ridley, Bowser Jr., King K. Rool, Isaac, Krystal, Samuraih Goroh, Claus, Little Mac, or Balloon Fighter // Falco, Ganondorf, Lucario, Toon Link all being too clone-ish // of course excluding Roy and Mewtwo, etc) there are a plethora of fans that expressed the same disappointments.

Atop that, people were upset about the game's physics, about the shortcomings of the Subspace Emissary, Brawl having less Event Matches, etc.

Yeah, there were a lot of criticisms about this game.
It wasn't bad, by no means was it a bad game. Myself, along with others, simply had higher expectations for it. Tis all.

And while the "complaints" may not have been "universal", many of them had sizable pockets of fans that expressed them.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
That's a misleading fact, and you're not looking at it correctly.

So yeah, Brawl did well.
But Smash 4 won't if it makes the same mistake Brawl did.
as far as sales go he's looking at that info just fine. Brawl outsold Melee by more than 3 million more units so it was a success overall. and it sold just fine after its first year. like any game it obviously slowed down a little cause it wasnt advertised nearly as much afterwords. but in the course of 4 years it sold over 10 million so i'd say it did fine. problems aside, you can't deny those type of numbers. the roster didnt effect its sales is all im saying

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Much like the concerns I've expressed here (no playable Ridley, Bowser Jr., King K. Rool, Isaac, Krystal, Samuraih Goroh, Claus, Little Mac, or Balloon Fighter // Falco, Ganondorf, Lucario, Toon Link all being too clone-ish // of course excluding Roy and Mewtwo, etc) there are a plethora of fans that expressed the same disappointments.
[citation needed]

Personal experience counts for nothing, dude. Really, the only major, universal backlash was against the removal of Mewtwo, and to a lesser extent Roy. Sure, there were some people upset that certain characters didn't make the cut, but there were no real universal complaints, and it was always going to happen anyway. Most people seem just fine with Brawls roster(if anything, they complain about it being too big).

And the clone complainers are idiots. Especially the people who complained about Lucario(ONE MOVE!).

Wondra

Smash Cadet
as far as sales go he's looking at that info just fine. Brawl outsold Melee by more than 3 million more units so it was a success overall. and it sold just fine after its first year. like any game it obviously slowed down a little cause it wasnt advertised nearly as much afterwords. but in the course of 4 years it sold over 10 million so i'd say it did fine. problems aside, you can't deny those type of numbers
He's suggesting that Brawl's sales are directly related to it's acceptance as it was, which isn't true.

Yeah, a lot of people bought it, but had their own critiques of it afterwards.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Yeah, a lot of people bought it, but had their own critiques of it afterwards.
OMG SAKI/ISAAC/WHOEVER IS NOT IN THIS GAEM

I WILL NEVER BUY SMASH AGAIN!

srsly though, Can you prove that there was massive backlash over Brawls roster?

Wondra

Smash Cadet
[citation needed]

Personal experience counts for nothing, dude. Really, the only major, universal backlash was against the removal of Mewtwo, and to a lesser extent Roy. Sure, there were some people upset that certain characters didn't make the cut, but there were no real universal complaints, and it was always going to happen anyway. Most people seem just fine with Brawls roster(if anything, they complain about it being too big).

And the clone complainers are idiots. Especially the people who complained about Lucario(ONE MOVE!).
You want me to cite years of reading reviews and message boards about Brawl? I'm sorry, I'm not sure I know how to go about doing that..

And I've honestly never seen a single complaint about the roster being too big. That may have something to do with the boards we've frequented, but I can't attest to having ever seen that; Which may be a personal problem of my own, seeing as how I can't deem it never having happened. *shrug*

Brawl was met with criticism (as anything else), but I think it was much more than it had to be. Personally, I attribute that mainly due to the lacking roster, like many others.

We've reached an impasse tho. We're going to have to agree to disagree.

OMG SAKI/ISAAC/WHOEVER IS NOT IN THIS GAEM

I WILL NEVER BUY SMASH AGAIN!

srsly though, Can you prove that there was massive backlash over Brawls roster?
Now you're attempting to mock me, in an attempt to trivialize my concerns? Please, as if. Don't be childish.

And like I said, "proving" something like that isn't necessarily feasible, but that doesn't denounce my claim. We're talking about the collective opinions expressed by others, observed over a period of time, casually. Opinions that weren't polled and pooled in the massive fashion that would allow me to present them here as your "proof." Seriously, learn where "proof" is valid before you starting leaning on it.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Brawl's lacking roster? Sure, I would've liked to have seen Mewtwo, King K.Rool, Isaac, Roy and Ridley on it. But Brawl by far has THE BEST Smash characters out of every game so far. The newcomers where of top notch quality, and all mostly heavily requested. Heck if it only had Mewtwo I wouldn't complain about it AT ALL. It's highly differce, with lot's of popular characters added. Moreso even than in Melee I feel!

Only complains I have is character imbalance and Ganondorf. Plus that it plays so slow, 'the ledge game', MetaKnight, Ice Climbers still being able to wobble and chaingrabs of King Dedede. All else is fine basically.

Lucario and Mewtwo share two moves btw. Neutral B and Forward Smash. That's it. They're completely unique characters. If you gonna argue about this more, I might have to shoot you in the face.

To keep it Fire Emblem related: Sigurd is a badass.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
What's been going on in this thread lately?

Anyways back on topic, I think Marth is guaranteed to be in SSB4 and I still hope Ike will make it too. I'm also hoping for another FE newcomer so I'm hoping its either Chrom or Lyn.

Other than that, if assist trophies do return, which FE characters do you think will be AT's?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Chrom is much more likely than Lyn. Lyn is only slight competition to Roy for the 4th spot. And even there she's having problems. Sure she'd be very unique, but she's not likely at all.

As for ATs I have a few ideas:

Sigurd (with his horse and all, hits you with his blade the Tyrfing)
Levin (mage character from FE4, uses his spell the Holsety)
Soren (Rexcalibur baby and if Ike released him from the AT, he heals Ike with his staff as a bonus :p )
Shiida (Flies around with her pegasus, striking people with her Wing Spear. Kinda similar to Latios / Latias and Kat & Anna, but slightly slower still)
Hector (Swing his axe Armads around)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom