• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem Discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Zero Suit Micaiah wasn't so bad I felt. Sure, overly sexualised, but that's Fire Emblem for ya.

Sigurd: You're just a little girl!
Sylvia: Little girl?! Ever saw a little girl with THESE!?

Typical introduction of new female FE characters in your army. :rolleyes:

:phone:
I told the judge that's what she said, but he didn't buy it

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Sylvia: You had you're fun with me and now you're leaving me alone??
Levin: *cough*yeahbasicallylol*cough*
Sylvia: baw baw baw baw T_T
Levin: Aight come with me. But you better do them sexy dances for me! :awesome:

Levin is a total pig. And he gets away with it easily.

Also, Sigurd is such a BRO man! Damn, why did you have to die so dramatically?? YOU DIDN'T DESERVE SUCH DEATH!!

Walzern

Smash Rookie
I nominate My Unit/Avatar/Robin for the next FE rep.

After all, SSB4 could use more antagonists.

Walzern

Smash Rookie
She would use Grima's Truth and do something draconic for a Final Smash.
That's how it could work.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I mean, the appearance of the character is up to the player to decide. How would the character look for example?

Walzern

Smash Rookie
But she has a personality and set enough appearance.

And you could call the character Grima instead of My Unit. If the character being too vague is a problem.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, it doesn't have a main gender apperantly...

Walzern

Smash Rookie
Well,
Morgan in FE7 is a guy by default. And you get guy Morgan in FE13 through pairing lady Robin with any of the guys who can paired with her. So if the Morgans are really the same character, then it wouldn't be a stretch for Robin to be a lady if a choice had to be made.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You basically are making excuses. It won't happen, Fire Emblem doesn't work like that.

I want Levin and Sigurd in. But am not trying to make them fit in if they can't...

Walzern

Smash Rookie
If Dissidia could get away with using the Warrior of Light (who represented Final Fantasy's entire party) as a character (was more vague than Robin) than SSB4 could get away using Robin with a set sex.

D

Deleted member

Sakurai was considering a male Animal Crossing Villager despite the "character" (which is just an extension of the player) not having a set gender.
I'm sure the Avatar from Awakening wouldn't be too much of an issue on that end.

Walzern

Smash Rookie
And honestly, it's not like it's taboo for games with avatar characters to be given set sexes and personalities in later works featuring the character.

For example, Darth Revan is a guy.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, it's more easily to figure out a Fire Emblem magic based moveset for the FE13 My Unit so I guess why not? You have ideas for movesets?

Walzern

Smash Rookie
B: Blast using Grima's Truth.

UPB: Warp

SIDEB: Stab with spear

DOWNB: Does a blast that is spread around the body.

Final Smash: Pairs up in the same way as when Grima is fought in the present. Works akin to Wario-Man but with halved damage. Or not.

Alternate costumes: Kris from FE12. Swimsuit.

There's a rough moveset.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, it could work but I don't know yet. Think Chrom is enough to represent FE13, and no mather how you look at it, Chrom is still the main character.

Also, for those playing the series. What are you guy's favorite Fire Emblem games? I have a real hard time deciding, as I'm now nearing the end of FE:4, and damn, is it good! Can't decide yet where I'm ranking it, and I also really need to play FE5 but for the people who haven't played it yet: I strongly encourage you to do!

Cool Daddy Booty Funk

Smash Cadet
Well, it could work but I don't know yet. Think Chrom is enough to represent FE13, and no mather how you look at it, Chrom is still the main character.

Also, for those playing the series. What are you guy's favorite Fire Emblem games? I have a real hard time deciding, as I'm now nearing the end of FE:4, and damn, is it good! Can't decide yet where I'm ranking it, and I also really need to play FE5 but for the people who haven't played it yet: I strongly encourage you to do!
The first american one, FE:7 I think it is. Easily one of the best games I've ever played. Plus Hector is one of my favorite characters ever. I wish he could be in SBB4 but he is definitely not relevant at this point =/
FF:SS was a disappointment, and I got the two with Ike in it, which were alright but I just didn't feel they were as good as the first one I had.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Path of Radiance is my favorite. By far!

Then again, it's the only one I've played so....

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Path of Radiance is a good one though! Definitely one of my favorites. And Hector indeed is awesome. He's one of my favorite FE characters to. Easily. Like his hot headed character. But Ike is still nr.1 so far. Sigurd is also one big badass, and his son Celice / Seliph is really growing on me as well. I generally like the role of rebel liberator he's getting through his story.

Sacred Stones was alright, but yeah, not the same quality as Fire Emblem 7. Or Fire Emblem 6 for the mather. FE:8 really is piss easy compared to both. And you could probably still solo the game EASILY with just Seth on Hard Mode. :rolleyes: Do like the Trainee class characters though, especially Ross (even though his Speed can really suck sometimes).

But yeah, I like basically all Fire Emblem games I play. It's very hard to make a choice. But maybe Path of Radiance and Genalogy of the Holy War / Seisen No Keifu are my true favorites.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
  • FE1 can be tedious, but it has enough charm.
  • FE2, I thought was a breath of fresh air once you figure out what's different. Grinding is a ***** though.
  • FE3 was amazing, only real complaint I have is too many items to collect and being forced to use 4 extra characters besides Marth in the final chapters.
  • FE4/5 seem interesting, I've only played a little of each, not sure if I like FE4's multiple objectives however.
  • FE6, going to get to when I get the time next month, seems more or less the same as FE7.
  • FE7, the gameplay's okay, but I never really cared for the story or the characters all that much.
  • FE8, definitely has re-playability, but is way too easy. Story was good, so were the characters.
  • FE9, loved it. The story, the characters (Ike), the gameplay additions. Pretty much my favorite of the series.
  • FE10, hated it at first. No supports, Micaiah isn't very likeable, is pretty hard overall. Honestly the game really only starts to get good once you gain control of Ike and Friends. Splitting your units up all the time due the story being segmented into parts, I felt destroyed a lot of the sense of unity your army had in past games as well. I also fell victim to the FE9 data glitch which destroyed my GC memory card.
  • FE11, just BEGS for support conversations, also having to kill off units in order to get the new ones is BS. Mulitplayer was fun at times.
  • FE12, same as FE3 just easier and has some form of support conversations which is nice. My Unit is broken.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My first FE was FE 2. Then I played the one with Lyn, then the one with Ike.

I'm definitely getting the new one. It looks great.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
FE4 having such big maps is a little hard to get used to yeah. At first at least. Basically one chapter in FE4 = 3 or 4 regular chapters in a different Fire Emblem game. You need to conquer a lot of castles, but the game remains very interessting all the time. The plot especially is good, but also needs some time to get used to. Cast is also really good for the most part.

FE10 isn't all that bad I feel. Only complaint is the availability of some characters, and how bad the Dawn Brigade CAN suck (Nolan and Sothe still rock). Ike indeed does make anything much better. But I mean: MUCH better.

FE7 is good yeah, but liked FE6 even better. Much more difficult, but yeah, FE7 is more balanced.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
The dawn brigade is a bunch of trainee units and jeigans where you much master the art of feeding kills and meat shielding. (In hard mode at least). In normal pretty much all of them can be used besides Meg and Fiona, unless you massive baby Fiona in the chapters you get her.

Availibility issues are really only with a few units, BUT EVEN THEN those units are useable in end game if you plan around it. I used Vika in hard mode bygiving paragon the chapter she shows up, and then spammed magic cards (pretty much their best use) giving her 50exp just for attacking in untransformed state. Simplely done by having a meatshield in the bottom left corner and stuff. Course she can still just be fed kills and get a level up a kill with paragon. So yea every character is useable except for Meg.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I've once trained Meg via boss trick, and she became beastly in the final part, activating Luna at all the times and doubling enemies like crazy.

In my second playthrough of RD, I remember having all Dawn Brigade members promoted before the end of Part 1. And that counts Meg and Fiona.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, I just lack the patience for that I guess. Never used Meg or Fiona. And really, Hard Mode is a *****. RD is the only game so far I cannot complete on Hard Mode. Well, the completing part shouldnt be so bad, it's more the beginning part. :rolleyes:

FE4 is kinda unfair though. If you make just ONE mistake, restarting the chapter is much more of an issue than in other games cause of how long the chapters are.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I've once trained Meg via boss trick, and she became beastly in the final part, activating Luna at all the times and doubling enemies like crazy.

In my second playthrough of RD, I remember having all Dawn Brigade members promoted before the end of Part 1. And that counts Meg and Fiona.
Boss trick = massive babying

Not gonna say you're doing it wrong, but you're playing very turn inefficient. You also lose out of bexp you can use to cap stats easier

Meg has a 32 speed cap, you ain't doubling much endgame.. Pretty much any unit can be amazing end game with activating skills.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Bonus exp is only really worthy when the characters already have almost all stats capped. I mostly use BEXP just before Part 4 Endgame, using it solely on the 10 characters you must select for the last maps.

During the rest of the game, I find other methods to level up characters. I remember in my last playthrough using low level weapons even when I could use higher level weapons, just to gain more experience for the units. Of course, it would make the maps longer to complete, but the characters would become more powerful than if I had used stronger weapons. That's how I managed to have the entire Dawn Brigade promoted by the end of Part 1.

I also remember doing a trick in Oliver's chapter to level up Tormod more than 20 levels and promote him. I finished the chapter with all characters at the same level as Oliver (around Lv10-12 after the second promotion). It took a long time to finish, though.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
How do you level Tormod so quickly Frost? Kinda interessted. Know there are **** tons of reinforcements in his return chapter, but he's most likely too weak innitially to really tackle them effeciantly.

Am on the Final Chapter of FE4 btw. It's probably a lot more difficult without Holsety (as underleveled Corple has it :rolleyes: ) but am managing so far. Question though: do you really NEED the Narga tome to beat Yurius? Cause my Julia is seriously underleveled...

Cool Daddy Booty Funk

Smash Cadet
In FE:7 I use to farm arenas and level somebody up. You could get someone to level 20 within a chapter, but it was risky as hell and took too long. Never could bet over 800g or you would most likely lose.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I did that to, it's 'officially' called Area Abbusing. And I think we're all guilty to this at least once. ;)

Especially did that a lot in the GBA games and Shadow Dragon.

Shotguner159

Smash Apprentice
To level up Tormod quickly head back to base and give him Paragon. Hope corrosion triggers against an enemy who stays alive, and let Tomod attack and watch as the enemy healers keep on healing your target. You can also have him kill steal.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
He'll need to carry lotsa tomes then. Could easily waste 100 uses of Fire to just get him to a reasonable level. And rather save Paragon for others...

goldglover5

Smash Rookie
Marth should stay since he is the "Mario" of Fire Emblem
Krom will join since he has the most recent Fire Emblem game
And maybe you can customize your Avatar from Fire Emblem Awakening.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Marth & ike are to stay, i think. They are recurring chars, not counting DLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom