• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem Discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Well Ike does get the Regal sword, and Hector gets Wolfbeil which are both similar to the rapiers statwise.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Well Ike does get the Regal sword, and Hector gets Wolfbeil which are both similar to the rapiers statwise.

The entire point is the whole most sword lords use a rapier thus fall under a stabbing sword style unlike Ike who just crushes people with his attacks and Lyn who relies on quick slashes. And the FE4/5 games where I don't know what happens there since I never played them. I was lazy with the whole sword lord thing, but I have to admit i forgot about Lyn.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
How does that even work? O_o
Time travel? Summons? SMT games are typically in a modern or "20 Minutes into the Future" setting, so it shouldn't be that surprising.

I wonder how Nintendo/IS are going to deal with SMT's themes about Abrahamic religions...

Edit: Anyway, anyone else here getting SMT4 for that $30 eShop bonus?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
You'd be surprised how wrong that statement is, especially in America.
Tell that to pretty much every Shin Megami Tensei game out there, which tends to shovel in a lot of references to mythology and religion. This is counts Shin Megami Tensei, and it's varies spin-offs like the Persona, Devil Summoner, and Devil Survivor series.

Ironically, the worse censorship that ever happened to the series was Hitler having his appearance changed.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
How does that even work? O_o
There are plenty of ways.

Naga allows Lucina to travel through the outrealm portal to the past. Why not to the future, or even to worlds outside of FE's?

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
The entire point is the whole most sword lords use a rapier thus fall under a stabbing sword style unlike Ike who just crushes people with his attacks and Lyn who relies on quick slashes. And the FE4/5 games where I don't know what happens there since I never played them. I was lazy with the whole sword lord thing, but I have to admit i forgot about Lyn.
FE4: Sigurd and his son are mounted Lords who can also use lances [Sigurd starts as such. His Son works his way up] but they never stab with their swords, Sigurd's first "special weapon" isn't even anything super special. It's just a Silver Sword, then later he gets the Tyfring. Then his son gets his stuff minus said Tyfring. [Until way later]

FE5: Leif's starting weapon is a Light elemental sword capable of distance attacks and self recovery. which was passed down from his mother in FE4, rapiers are a weapon in the game but they can be used by any sword wielder

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
For what it's worth, in FE4, Leif could promote and gain access to every weapon, with the exception of Dark magic.

So he could potentially pull off something like that in Smash. Though FE4 came out in like... I want to say 1996 so it's really old, plus Japan only.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
For what it's worth, in FE4, Leif could promote and gain access to every weapon, with the exception of Dark magic.

So he could potentially pull off something like that in Smash. Though FE4 came out in like... I want to say 1996 so it's really old, plus Japan only.
Yeah the Master Knight class was pretty amazing. Also yes 1996 was the date. Although its still one of the best sellers in Japan out of the FE series.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
FE Characters for Ejernera Cards (Pokeball like item)
FE1, 3, 11, 12: Navarre, Caeda, Hardin (FE3), Sirius, Katarina, Malice
FE: Gaiden - Celica
FE 4: Sigurd, Arvis, Altena and Ares, Ishtar
FE 5: Leif, Nanna, Briggid
FE 6: Wolt, Zephiel, Lilina
FE 7: Merlinus (leaves behind items), Hector, Florina (with Fiora and Farina)
FE 8: Ephraim and Eirika, L'Archel (with Rennac and Dozzel), Lyon
FE 9 and 10: Titania, Micaiah and Sothe, Nephenee, Black Knight
FE: 13. Tiki, Cherche, Gaius, Henry, Anna, Owain, Severa
Note: Based all Japan Only games based on what I know and spotpass. Tried to balance all the classes, or at least all the weapons. Also included the ones I think will also make cool trophies. Left out most viable characters (Lyn (due to AT status), Roy, Robin, Chrom, Lucina, Ike, Marth)

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
FE: 13. Tiki, Cherche, Gaius, Henry, Anna, Oswain, Severa
Note: Based all Japan Only games based on what I know and spotpass. Tried to balance all the classes, or at least all the weapons. Also included the ones I think will also make cool trophies. Left out most viable characters (Lyn (due to AT status), Roy, Robin, Chrom, Lucina, Ike, Marth)
The cards! That's perfect! Also you listed Briggid one of my absolute favorites so therefore you get a like. :p

•Col•

Smash Champion
There are plenty of ways.

Naga allows Lucina to travel through the outrealm portal to the past. Why not to the future, or even to worlds outside of FE's?
I don't mean story wise. There's literally a bazillion ways to explain it in terms of story.

I asked 'How does that even work' to ask how does putting Fire Emblem characters in a modern setting work conceptually?

I was just jokingly saying that seeing things possible like this within an FE game (while staying true to the game's backstory) is mildly disconcerting:

2 and a half hours in MS Paint. :cool:

Starbound

woah, ike must be pretty talented to be able to drive a car with one hand and his sword arm.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I like how Roy turns his head.

Conceptually it might be very interesting. Fire Emblem is an interestingly static society. 2000 years pass between the first game and the latest, but no real technological improvements have really come about. So it would real be a man out of time storyline, contrasting two really different worlds.

Cool ejernera card attack ideas:
FE 4: Arvis has Valflame and pulls a chapter 5.
FE 7: Merlinus: leaves behind items
Hector has Armads.
Florina (with Fiora and Farina) - Triangle Attack
FE 8: L'Archel (with Rennac and Dozzel) - Will randomly decide to help the player or not. Sometimes they will just leave the stage.FE 9 and 10: Black Knight - Warps directly behind an opponent and strikes them with a strong knockback blow.
FE 13: Anna steals any items on the stage, attacking any opponents that get in her way.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
The thing is I don't want it to be too much like SMT, and it seems from what is known thus far, like were just getting SMT with FE character appearances, TBH. I'm really only getting the game because of FE, but I'm not sure if I really want it, if FE doesn't have a crucial role, as I hope it would be, but that is probably just me and my opinion.

Starbound

SMT honestly really creeps me out so I probably won't touch it unless Lucina is the main character by some miracle.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
SMT honestly really creeps me out so I probably won't touch it unless Lucina is the main character by some miracle.
Yea, if it's one of those Crossover game where it's versus each other like MKxDCU, I would only play the Fire Emblem campaign of the game TBH

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Gimme ideas that have been spurting through your head others.
I'll only post the safe-for-work ones.

1) The post-credits scene from The Avengers where amidst the wreckage everyone is eating Shawarma. But with FE/SMT characters.

And that's it. Everything else is borderline-ban worthy to post or even describe here.

Hong

The Strongest
Rescue would make for a fun item.

Would shoot out a light that, upon making contact with another player or an item, brings them to your location. You can use it to close the gap with projectile-users, save allies in a team battle, or use it over the edge to drop people into the abyss!

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
FE: 13. Tiki, Cherche, Gaius, Henry, Anna, Owain, Severa

Interesting idea, however I wonder personally if Sakurai would be willing to go through the effort to making it happen. You'd have to create models for all the characters pre-FE9. The reason Sakurai was willing to do Pokeballls, I think, was that the 3D Pokemon games give him a ready supply of models to use, so he doesn't have to worry about that.

Also, there was this:
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...would_need_to_sell_700k_to_justify_the_effort

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Interesting idea, however I wonder personally if Sakurai would be willing to go through the effort to making it happen. You'd have to create models for all the characters pre-FE9. The reason Sakurai was willing to do Pokeballls, I think, was that the 3D Pokemon games give him a ready supply of models to use, so he doesn't have to worry about that.

Also, there was this:
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...would_need_to_sell_700k_to_justify_the_effort
That's a great a point about the pokeballs. It's just an idea though. It depends on how much Sakurai wants to represent the FE series.

If the list was shortened I think it would be more possible.
FE1, 3, 11, 12: Navarre - Sakurai's favorite. Does a simple critical hit slash similar to Lyn
Tiki- Transforms into a large dragon and attacks foes for one hit KO (rare)
Katarina - representing the remake exclusivecharacters. Appears as DLC redesign as a grandmaster. Decimates the opponents with hew sword and magic.
Malice - represent BS Fire Emblem as well. Attackes with a simple sword strike combo.
FE: Gaiden - Celica - Using her light magic, she casts Angel to hit any opponent directly above her.
FE 4: Arvis - has Valflame and pulls a chapter 5. Everyone calls him a dastard when they are hit.
FE 5: Nanna- makes a healing bubble and heals up to 50% damage of anyone who enters.
FE 6: Merlinus - will set up a tent and leaves behind items. But if he is too damaged by the opponents, he will vanish from the stage.
FE 7: Hector - Using Armads, Hectors attacks in a straight line, destroying all in his way.
FE 8: L'Archel (with Rennac and Dozzel) - Will randomly decide to help the player or not. Sometimes they will just leave the stage. If they choose to attack, l'Archel will simply command them while Rennac and Dozzel hit foes from opposite sides.
FE 9 and 10:
Black Knight - Warps directly behind an opponent and strikes them with a strong knockback blow.
FE: 13. Anna - steals any items on the stage, attacking any opponents that get in her way. Will specifically go after items before opponents.
Oswain and Severa - Demostrates the pair up mechanic, attacking opponents with dual strikes before vanishing.
Bold and underlined indicates characters I want to see as trophies.

Igneous42

Smash Ace

Also, there was this:
The bigger issue is simply the popularity or Pokemon vs Fire Emblem. Fire Emblem might be at a pretty good place now thanks to Awakening doing well but it's sales don't come anywhere near the Pokemon games still. I'm sure it's easier to justify Pokeballs than it would be to Justify a similiar idea for Fire Emblem.

The card idea is great though I'd love to see it happen.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
The bigger issue is simply the popularity or Pokemon vs Fire Emblem. Fire Emblem might be at a pretty good place now thanks to Awakening doing well but it's sales don't come anywhere near the Pokemon games still. I'm sure it's easier to justify Pokeballs than it would be to Justify a similiar idea for Fire Emblem.

The card idea is great though I'd love to see it happen.
Yeah I don't think it's likely, but it would be the best way to represent the series. And also get it some more unique trophies reflecting the series' history. All my ideas could be used as Assist Trophies, although the Anna idea is the most likely since it's from Awakening.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
For those that don't know, website Sanshee.com created a batch of new shirts that will be available on the website sometime soon in the future, one of which is a Fire Emblem themed shirt that depicts Marth, Ike, Chrom, and Eliwood (wow, NOT Roy)?

257666-sanshee_shirt3.jpg

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Cool shirt design there, although I am pleasantly surprised Eliwood is on it [I like Roy obviously but Eliwood is my favorite lord]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom