• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem Discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
FalKoopa is from India. He speaks English better than most English speaking people I know. Regardless, if English isn't your native language, then you're not too bad actually. Just needs a bit more work.

Not really. I can't understand your point because I can't understand you're sentence.
Well I admit the fact that my punctuation is horrendous, but still I try my best to get the point across.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
In the end I think it mostly depends on what Sakurai thinks, and he obviously thinks Roy is important to the FE series. Not sure if he's said anything about Ike/Chrom or how he feels about them.
That's debatable considering that Roy got in for FE6 being the upcoming game.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
That's debatable considering that Roy got in for FE6 being the upcoming game.
Which opens the gate for the same case scenario happening in the next SSB4, where the upcoming Fire Emblem game gets it's protagonist in the game before it's own launch, specially with the new circumstances, where Fire Emblem is becoming a juggernaut in sales, and if they want to double the sale numbers than, there's no better way than prioritize the main character from the upcoming Fire Emblem game.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Which opens the gate for the same case scenario happening in the next SSB4, where the upcoming Fire Emblem game gets it's protagonist in the game before it's own launch, specially with the new circumstances, where Fire Emblem is becoming a juggernaut in sales, and if they want to double the sale numbers than, there's no better way than prioritize the main character from the upcoming Fire Emblem game.
There was a need to buff up Melee's roster as well. But that isn't needed now.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
We don't even know if it there will be one in the near future yet. They're still working with Awakening and DLC.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Not sure if he's said anything about Ike/Chrom or how he feels about them.
All we know about Ike is that Sakurai wanted to use a Fire Emblem character and the staff at Intelligent Systems suggested Ike. I presume he liked the character enough to include him, but there wasn't anything that stated he was a favorite of his.

Nothing was stated regarding to Chrom.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Really, that's what caught your eyes? I really don't care of a scenario called what if , because it wont change the fact that Roy promotes late in the game, which means he is still crappy....he actually promoted when most of the units were promoted and were level 10-20.....
My post also talked about how Roy actually was in FE6. He is by no means crappy in FE6. Overall, he is considered among the Top 10 best units in FE6 according to the tier list for that game, in a game with over 50 units. Roy's availability, supports, growths, and utility make him a solid unit, with his only glaring flaw (and the biggest reason why he is "weak") is his absurdly late promotion. If Roy did promote at Chapter 16, he would be among the Top 5 best units in that game, possibly even Top 3. Roy only looks bad when you compare him to anyone other than Leaf, the NES lords, and Micaiah.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
FE never has been, and still isn't a "juggernaut" in sales. The most its sold is... 700k I believe, and that was the third game, so if anything its declined over the years. Sure Awakening did well in Japan, but 400k, while perfectly fine, is hardly "juggernaut". New Leaf, now that game is being a juggernaut there right now.

And the newest FE character only gets implemented when Sakurai doesn't know who to include and asks IS. It's entirely possible he's got his choices planned out by himself this time, he's got enough popular potential characters. I'd say it's already too late to get a FE14 protagonist in there, unless it's Paris (Priam is just... bleh). Personally I think Chrom is much more likely than a future protagonist, but that's just me.

And being in Smash doesn't guarantee "doubled" sales numbers. FE9 & 10 (the games with Ike) were among the poorest selling FE games, and FE11 (the first FE post-Brawl) IIRC only did... mediocre in sales.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I don't think there will be anymore DLCs...because it's been awhile since the latest patch of DLC....
Still, we don't know if there will be a FE14 anytime soon. The staff may take a break.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
I think they are done with DLC. But Intelligent systems is busy on that crossover game. I don't really know what sort of effect that has on the next FE game but if I'm right I don't think we'll be seeing a new lord anytime soon.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
We don't even know if it there will be one in the near future yet. They're still working with Awakening and DLC.
IS is finished with DLC for FE13 (at least in Japan). They are probably helping out with SMT X FE since they are co-developing it with Atlus.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I'm sorry, but y'know what I feel like saying at this point ? "Go promote your new Lord somewhere else"...Like freaking SMT x FE (and I always thought it would be cool to have a fighter in Sm4sh for promotion). I feel the same way about Pokemon tbh, because this is just causing so much commotion about series representation...

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I think they are done with DLC. But Intelligent systems is busy on that crossover game. I don't really know what sort of effect that has on the next FE game but if I'm right I don't think we'll be seeing a new lord anytime soon.
It means that they are focusing on all of the current lords.

And Sothe and Elincia for some reason.....

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Actually the interval between Fire Emblem games is never that big, if we see the pattern, we can see that they actually make 2-3 games in succession and then take a break. I think the Cross over is handled mainly by Atlus.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Speaking oh which, I was so mad when sothe couldn't promote to an assassin in PoR.

I trained that stupid kid for nothing...

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Wow this thread has been moving the past couple of hours. Careful or you guys might scare Toise away.

And the newest FE character only gets implemented when Sakurai doesn't know who to include and asks IS. It's entirely possible he's got his choices planned out by himself this time, he's got enough popular potential characters.
Funny thing is, I can honestly see Sakurai going up to IS this time and asking them which characters to include since he can't make up his mind. Also good talk about sales not mattering.

It means that they are focusing on all of the current lords. And Sothe and Elincia for some reason.....
Technically not all the lords, Eliwood/Hector/Sigurd are missing. There's no Sothe DLC outside of free spotpass stuff, but we are getting the Pegasus Sisters (who do make a lot of sense to be DLC like the lords) and Katarina (who I guess is there out of representing FE12's My Unit and IS bias).

Elincia could be called a Pseudo-Lord due to a fair chunk of Raidant Dawn being focused on her (which is kinda a bummer she didn't get a bigger role, Micaiah's lame and she was Ike's best love interest).

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Technically not all the lords, Eliwood/Hector/Sigurd are missing. There's no Sothe DLC outside of free spotpass stuff, but we are getting the Pegasus Sisters (who do make a lot of sense to be DLC like the lords) and Katarina (who I guess is there out of representing FE12's My Unit and IS bias).
I'm SOOOOOOOO mad that the Pegasus Trio got redesigns. I mean, I think they might have done it because they wanted to get more females, but still, it's kinda dumbe that we got them and not Sigurd, Hector, and Eliwood.

Also, because I'm still mad at Eirika's redesign, you know who would have made a better choice for the bride class than Eirika? Caeda.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Pft Eirika's redesign. At least its not Micaiah's. In awakening I took the free spotpass Micaiah instead of her DLC self simply because of that outfit.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Funny thing is, I can honestly see Sakurai going up to IS this time and asking them which characters to include since he can't make up his mind. Also good talk about sales not mattering.
Yeah, it's definitely possible. Honestly I think the choices are a little more clear this time than during pre-Brawl, with Ike, Roy, Lyn, and all the others. Right now it seems to pretty much be between Roy and Chrom. And my guess is IS would suggest Chrom. Or a new protagonist... but (as I suspect Sakurai, if he asked, did so last year) I honestly don't see them having a FE14 protagonist finalized enough yet to give to Sakurai, unless they are in fact going to be using Paris. So... that probably helps Chrom's chances I'd say, because unless they are in fact planning a remake of FE6. I don't see them requesting Roy.

I'd totally understand if Sakurai wanted to bypass all this FE speculating and nonsense too, and just let IS decide. :laugh:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Hector and Eliwood are there.
tri was talking 'bout FE13 DLC, not SMTxFE.

@Gingerbread

Yeah Micaiah's is pretty bad. Makes no sense AT ALL for her to be a Dark Mage. Let's not even get into the whole fanservice thing or her face. *shudders*

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'm SOOOOOOOO mad that the Pegasus Trio got redesigns. I mean, I think they might have done it because they wanted to get more females, but still, it's kinda dumbe that we got them and not Sigurd, Hector, and Eliwood.

Also, because I'm still mad at Eirika's redesign, you know who would have made a better choice for the bride class than Eirika? Caeda.
Considering they're the most recurring FE characters aside from Anna (and unlike her have been playable) and are really popular among fans (they probably rival several lords), not to mention the Triangle Attack, there is some legitimacy towards them being DLC.

Definitely is dumb and kinda surprising those 3 didn't get DLC, which to be honest I would have taken over the Exp/Money/Weapons DLC or the DLC chapters that are only about support conversations (both are lame and will probably end up spending money on).

Hector and Eliwood are there.
They are but only on free Spotpass stuff, they don't get redesigns or anything.

EDIT: SMTxFE? What are we talking about?

Yeah, it's definitely possible. Honestly I think the choices are a little more clear this time than during pre-Brawl, with Ike, Roy, Lyn, and all the others. Right now it seems to pretty much be between Roy and Chrom. And my guess is IS would suggest Chrom. Or a new protagonist... but (as I suspect Sakurai, if he asked, did so last year) I honestly don't see them having a FE14 protagonist finalized enough yet to give to Sakurai, unless they are in fact going to be using Paris. So... that probably helps Chrom's chances I'd say, because unless they are in fact planning a remake of FE6. I don't see them requesting Roy.

I'd totally understand if Sakurai wanted to bypass all this FE speculating and nonsense too, and just let IS decide. :laugh:
Is really tough on IS's own right as well. You got Marth, who gets the freepass. Ike, who's been given the second most special treatment from IS after Marth and is one of the most popular lords period. Roy, who's popular, been in Smash before, and they also have shown some bias towards. Then there's Chrom who...well he's new right?

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Definitely is dumb and kinda surprising those 3 didn't get DLC, which to be honest I would have taken over the Exp/Money/Weapons DLC or the DLC chapters that are only about support conversations (both are lame and will probably end up spending money on).
I actually really appreciate the EXP/Weapons chapters. The money one I could do without(though I thought the music was awesome, if a bit of a weird choice). EXP made grinding a lot less tedious. Also, the Weapons one actually does give you a character(Eltshan from 4). Though I agree, more story or character DLC would have been appreciated.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Give Chrom some credit beside just being new. Awakenings the top selling game and received excellent reviews. That's got to count for something.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
I apologize if this sounds like a terrible idea.
In an attempt to make Chrom seem less like a potential clone, I was thinking maybe they could pair him up with Lucina to make a two-in-one character (like the Ice climbers).
They already made a great combo in Awakening, and we would get two FE characters for the price of one.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Give Chrom some credit beside just being new. Awakenings the top selling game and received excellent reviews. That's got to count for something.
Not much. Ike got in and his games were two of the worst selling in the series. It comes down to popularity, which is where Chrom struggles a bit.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Not much. Ike got in and his games were two of the worst selling in the series. It comes down to popularity, which is where Chrom struggles a bit.
I thought Ike got in because Sakurai asked IS? Personality wise Chrom and Ike really aren't that far off.

Besides I don't see people going around saying they don't like Chrom. And as I said before popularity will always come if they get into smash and popularity for sure is not the only factor in this.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I thought Ike got in because Sakurai asked IS? Personality wise Chrom and Ike really aren't that far off.

Besides I don't see people going around saying they don't like Chrom. And as I said before popularity will always come if they get into smash and popularity for sure is not the only factor in this.
He did, but IIRC he also had a fair bit of popularity in his own right. Plus then the worst he had to deal with was Lyn, Marth and Roy were pretty up-in-the-air pre-Brawl (Roy moreso).

I don't think it's so much that people dislike Chrom, it's more that he doesn't really stand out too much when compared to many other Lords, and even other characters in his game, so people prefer other characters. He's kind of generic and everything, but he's not a bad character, just something we've seen a bunch of times before. But yeah, popularity isn't the only factor, which is pretty much how Chrom has gotten this far anyway.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Why is Ike-Kun in charge of this thread again. Brings up a possible character list and puts Lyn and Prius on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom