• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem Discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
That actually makes a lot of sence...

Still, I want FE10 Goddess slaying Vanguard Ike. He'd easily fit the heavy archetype mich better. And he also could use a weight boost that way. I just really hope he comes back. I like Ike. :ike:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
It's weird though how Ike is a Hero, but based of his Path or Radiance self, and has a cracked Ragnell which he THROWS now... :rolleyes:
Video game logic.

Maybe he's Hero because his lord class was based on the Mercenary/Hero classes from previous Fire Emblem games, so, for Awakening, they chose that class set for Ike, much like the Swordmaster class was chosen for Lyn.

Cracked Ragnell may have an explanation: the blessings are gone after many years and so, the sword began to degrade over time. A similar thing happens with the Black Knight's armor between Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn; in the latter game, BK's armor also has cracks.

As for the sword throwing part... this might be the only explanation.

Still, I want FE10 Goddess slaying Vanguard Ike. He'd easily fit the heavy archetype mich better. And he also could use a weight boost that way. I just really hope he comes back. I like Ike. :ike:
Sure, you like Ike. But, is Roy your boy, too? :troll:

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92

And BTW if we assume the War in tellius happened at the time of Paris, maybe he became the Hero of the war and actually had to sacrifice the power of the Ragnell.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
But Ike left Tellius... it seems unlikely to me that Priam ever went there.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
But Ike left Tellius... it seems unlikely to me that Priam ever went there.
I don't think we will ever know, the thing about Ike his games had him the center of attention, he was always the center of attention just like Marth.

Edit: and it astonish me how much the development team went out of their way to make sure no other Mercenary will have Aether, Ike is the only Hero with Aether, in this game.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Which is also really weird... Cause Priam doesn't get it.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
And Hero is his starting class in RD, yet he doesn't has Aether. But Hero Ike in Awakening has it. Does he also preform Aether the same way as Chrom and Lucina do now?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
And Hero is his starting class in RD, yet he doesn't has Aether. But Hero Ike in Awakening has it. Does he also preform Aether the same way as Chrom and Lucina do now?
Well, to be fair, he has Hero class with Aether in Awakening, because you can't promote further than Hero.

Basically, he has Aether in his highest promotion.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92

Basically Aether doesn't have an Identity in Awakening, no special animation the first attack he does Sol Animation which a jumping strike and the second attack is quick slash which is Luna animation. what's special about Aether is the Sword throwing bit.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ok, but Chrom does it in a way like Marth's Dancing Blade in Smash so I've heard... So Ike's different?

D

Deleted member

@Gingy:

A kid loves absolutely everything he eats. His mother wants him to try something but he wont because he never had it before. Instead he wants to stick with things hes already had. See whats wrong with this?
Here is why this analogy doesn’t work:

It is making MANY assumptions.

The obvious is that it is saying that the kid (Roy fans) absolutely refuses to try something new. This is not true. Most sensible Roy fans are willing to try a newer character, but as long as they get Roy along with them. So in reality, the kid will be ok with trying the new food, as long as he gets the food he likes with it.

Another assumption that is being made is that the kid (Roy fans) will like whatever they are given. So pretty much, you are saying that Roy fans will WITHOUT A DOUBT like someone like Lyn, Micaiah, Chrom, etc., which is stupid in itself, because that is implying that the Roy fans automatically liked Ike no matter what because he was in Brawl. You have no way of knowing what they think or even what the MAJORITY thinks. There are people on both ends of the spectrum; Roy fans who liked Ike, and Roy fans who didn’t like Ike.

A 3rd assumption is that there is absolutely no way to give the kid both foods. Why must the kid sacrifice what he likes just to try something new? Given that the plan for Brawl called for both Ike’s addition as well as Roy’s return, why can’t Roy return along with a new character for Smash 4?

Yet another assumption is that this only affects one kid. Why is the OTHER kid (Ike fans) exempt from this? Ike has just as much problems as Roy when it comes to being outdated, and even has potential replacement options in both Chrom and Priam, who have their similarities to him.

I guarantee that many new FE characters could become way more popular than somebody like Roy, if they actually got in the game. Its like great products not making as much money because they haven't been advertised.
You have no way in knowing this whatsoever. Aside from that, it is making the assumption that only Fire Emblem characters playable in Smash Bros. become popular. And yet, prior to Brawl, Lyn and Ike were mad popular characters to include to Smash in the West (at such a point their fanbases were AT WAR with each other). Neither one had been in Smash at that point, yet they obtained popularity. And now we have the likes of Chrom and Lucina with their popularity. Neither have been in Smash.

And then we get to the big man himself, Marth. He wasn’t popular because he was in Smash. He was in Smash because he was popular. Though there is the fact that he gained popularity in the West through Smash because well, NONE OF HIS GAMES HAD COME OUT IN THE WEST. So if Roy’s “popularity” here is shallow, so is Marth’s. The only reason people in the West cared about him was because he was in Melee. And even when Marth’s first game was remade for the DS and released in the West, it was not as popular as the previous Tellius games.

And while Roy did gain popularity through his debut in Smash, it is a moot point. Why? Because he literally debuted in Smash. He could not have gained the popularity to be in Smash prior to his addition because he didn’t exist yet. This is also not the only reason he was popular; he in general is one of the more popular Lords in Japan due to his character within his home game, as well as his portrayal in the Fire Emblem: Hasha no Tsurugi manga. Both of these would have still contributed heavily to Roy’s popularity within Japan regardless of him being in Melee or not. The only difference would be that the West would not know of him that well to care. But then again, they didn’t care much about Marth either.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
@Gingy:

Here is why this analogy doesn’t work:

It is making MANY assumptions.

The obvious is that it is saying that the kid (Roy fans) absolutely refuses to try something new. This is not true. Most sensible Roy fans are willing to try a newer character, but as long as they get Roy along with them. So in reality, the kid will be ok with trying the new food, as long as he gets the food he likes with it.

Another assumption that is being made is that the kid (Roy fans) will like whatever they are given. So pretty much, you are saying that Roy fans will WITHOUT A DOUBT like someone like Lyn, Micaiah, Chrom, etc., which is stupid in itself, because that is implying that the Roy fans automatically liked Ike no matter what because he was in Brawl. You have no way of knowing what they think or even what the MAJORITY thinks. There are people on both ends of the spectrum; Roy fans who liked Ike, and Roy fans who didn’t like Ike.

A 3rd assumption is that there is absolutely no way to give the kid both foods. Why must the kid sacrifice what he likes just to try something new? Given that the plan for Brawl called for both Ike’s addition as well as Roy’s return, why can’t Roy return along with a new character for Smash 4?

Yet another assumption is that this only affects one kid. Why is the OTHER kid (Ike fans) exempt from this? Ike has just as much problems as Roy when it comes to being outdated, and even has potential replacement options in both Chrom and Priam, who have their similarities to him.

You have no way in knowing this whatsoever. Aside from that, it is making the assumption that only Fire Emblem characters playable in Smash Bros. become popular. And yet, prior to Brawl, Lyn and Ike were mad popular characters to include to Smash in the West (at such a point their fanbases were AT WAR with each other). Neither one had been in Smash at that point, yet they obtained popularity. And now we have the likes of Chrom and Lucina with their popularity. Neither have been in Smash.

And then we get to the big man himself, Marth. He wasn’t popular because he was in Smash. He was in Smash because he was popular. Though there is the fact that he gained popularity in the West through Smash because well, NONE OF HIS GAMES HAD COME OUT IN THE WEST. So if Roy’s “popularity” here is shallow, so is Marth’s. The only reason people in the West cared about him was because he was in Melee. And even when Marth’s first game was remade for the DS and released in the West, it was not as popular as the previous Tellius games.

And while Roy did gain popularity through his debut in Smash, it is a moot point. Why? Because he literally debuted in Smash. He could not have gained the popularity to be in Smash prior to his addition because he didn’t exist yet. This is also not the only reason he was popular; he in general is one of the more popular Lords in Japan due to his character within his home game, as well as his portrayal in the Fire Emblem: Hasha no Tsurugi manga. Both of these would have still contributed heavily to Roy’s popularity within Japan regardless of him being in Melee or not. The only difference would be that the West would not know of him that well to care. But then again, they didn’t care much about Marth either.

Stop...no more, it's not a scene of war or challenges we are here to discuss Fire Emblem roster as a whole....don't stray from topic and please be constructive.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Stop...no more, it's not a scene of war or challenges we are here to discuss Fire Emblem roster as a whole....don't stray from topic and please be constructive.
He is on topic, he's talking about FE. And since when has a well-formed argument about the topic at hand not been constructive?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Is that so?! May I remind you that I'm the one who set the rules so when I say you are out of topic than you are out of topic....if not you are not welcomed in my thread.... And BTW I don't really appreciate you belittling me.

Pretty sure the mods would agree that he was 100% on topic. Which is, you know, Fire Emblem.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Is that so?! May I remind you that I'm the one who set the rules so when I say you are out of topic than you are out of topic....if not you are not welcomed in my thread.... And BTW I don't really appreciate you belittling me.
Pretty sure the mods set the rules. Not you.

You belittled him by insulting an argument that wasn't even directed at you.

Back off and let Gingerbread and Golden debate.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Pretty sure the mods would agree that he was 100% on topic. Which is, you know, Fire Emblem.
I'm pretty sure he wasn't, being on topic doesn't include challenges and calling on people for small mistakes that doesn't have to do with topic (such as spelling mistake,grammar and language as a whole), he was trying to prove Gingerbread's analogy wrong, so he is not fighting Ginger's argument what he was doing is fighting ginger analogy, as I suppose this is not a thread that deals with grammar,punctuation and analogies.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Ah. Come off it dude. You're making the situation worse.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The point of a forum is to express your opinions, you know.

Golden and Gingerbread Man were debating over an analogy that refers to Fire Emblem representation. In turn, they are debating their ideals for the Fire Emblem roster. And therefore, they are on topic.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
First of all, I'm not your dude, and I'd appreciate if you keep your opinion to yourself this time around.
Woah! Slow down there! Who said you were MY dude?

You gotta buy me dinner first. :troll:

I just called you a dude (meaning I called you a man, no relation to me, I think that's accurate).

Look Ike-Sama, I'm trying to be as nice as I can here. If you're not careful, you will start a war and get us all in trouble. Back off, let Golden and Gingerbread debate and eat some popcorn with us (it will be fun to watch I assure you).

Okay?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Swamp, did you say popcorn? Sure, let's enjoy watching Golden and Gingerbread debate.

I bought popcorn for everyone! Who wants some?

Now seriously, Ike-sama, you're sounding a little aggressive over something unimportant. If there's thread derailing, flame wars and other such nonsense, the mods will sure handle such situations. You don't have to hold so much responsibility for this thread just because you're the OP.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Swamp, did you say popcorn? Sure, let's enjoy watching Golden and Gingerbread debate.

I bought popcorn for everyone! Who wants some?

Now seriously, Ike-sama, you're sounding a little aggressive over something unimportant. If there's thread derailing, flame wars and other such nonsense, the mods will sure handle such situations. You don't have to hold so much responsibility for this thread just because you're the OP.
It's ok Frostwraith, I put few more rules to make this thread a better environment....

Check the new rule on the first page.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Gimme some of that popcorn!

Wait... you support Roy now Ike Sama? Wat?

Aether way (:troll:) Chrom is the only other one with a shot.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Gimme some of that popcorn!

Wait... you support Roy now Ike Sama? Wat?

Aether way (:troll:) Chrom is the only other one with a shot.
More like we aren't allowed to discuss Marth or Ike which many people consider to be shoe-ins for the moster part, so it wouldn't be surprising to someone if we didn't talk about them too much. But it also means that we can't show support for Roy in this thread, which would cause an outsider that views this thread believe that not many people want Roy in Smash 4 since no one is talking about him.

Meaning pretty much the only possible Smash 4 characters we can discuss or support here would be Chrom or maybe Priam. Who he's obviously biased towards.

Starting to think thread ownership should be transferred to someone else that isn't going to start pitching fits, if it's at all possible. Don't really care who, just someone who's gonna stay cool-headed.

D

Deleted member

I nominate Chrono. He definitely knows what he's talking about with his extensive knowledge of Fire Emblem and Fire Emblem speculation.

D

Deleted member

I really don't care much about the series as a whole, so I don't really have a favorite Lord.

EDIT: Oh hey guys, since we can't talk about Marth, Roy, and Ike since they have their own threads, we ALSO can't talk about:
-Chrom
-Lyn
-Micaiah
-Ephriam
-Erika
-Anna
-Priam
-Black Knight

Since they all have their own threads. :troll:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Hold up. Hold up. So I guess now I can't talk about my Melee main, my most wanted character for Sm4sh...my boy? :(

So what are we left with then?...So assuming that the 3 peeps we can't talk about are shoo-ins, Chrom would most likely take the 4th spot (if we were to get 4 slots), correct?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I really don't care much about the series as a whole, so I don't really have a favorite Lord.

EDIT: Oh hey guys, since we can't talk about Marth, Roy, and Ike since they have their own threads, we ALSO can't talk about:
-Chrom
-Lyn
-Micaiah
-Ephriam
-Erika
-Anna
-Priam
-Black Knight

Such a sound logic, isn't it? :smirk:

Hold up. Hold up. So I guess now I can't talk about my Melee main, my most wanted character for Sm4sh...my boy? :(

So what are we left with then?...So assuming that the 3 peeps we can't talk about are shoo-ins, Chrom would most likely take the 4th spot (if we were to get 4 slots), correct?
R.I.P. Fire Emblem discussion thread, for all majorly requested FE characters already have threads.

Seriously, the new "rule" is stupid. Ike-sama is getting butthurt over a discussion he wasn't even involved in.

I already told him that if there's something wrong in any thread, the mods could handle such situations... oh well.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord

-Chrom
-Lyn
-Micaiah
-Ephriam
-Erika
-Anna
-Priam
-Black Knight

I believe that just leaves us with Lucina.
Should we rename this the Lucina thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom