• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem Discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I'm going to stop you right there.

Refusing to address something and simply saying that is wrong is a terrible way to argue. I respect everyone and their opinion on these forums (I'm not mad guys, I'm just happy I get to speak my mind) but that's a great way to lose credibility.

Why should I even begin to pick apart what you have to say when you simply ignore what I have to say?
I don't really care if I "lose credibility" to someone I hardly ever talk to.
If anything, you should be glad I'm not picking out every tiny detail of your flawed anology. I'm sparing you from my wrath, so to speak.
Though if you really want me to not hold back, I will be more than happy to oblige. Just don't say I did not warn you....

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Gingerbread. YOU DO NOT WANT GOLDEN TO ARGUE WITH YOU!!!

He'll eat you alive! Crumbs and all!

I'm serious.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Golden is usually like that, just because. What was this thing about btw?

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Yeah...there was so much negativity towards Roy that I had to leave this thread for awhile...or until things calmed down. :crying:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
A war for/against Roy, Dr. Mario style. ;)
Simple answer:

Roy: has tons of moveset potential as a non cloned character. At worst a Luigified Marth.
Dr.Mario: has NO moveset potential whatsoever. At BEST a slightly Luigified Mario clone.

So, no go the Doctor and yes to the Boy.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Simple answer:

Roy: has tons of moveset potential as a non cloned character. At worst a Luigified Marth.
Dr.Mario: has NO moveset potential whatsoever. At BEST a slightly Luigified Mario clone.

So, no go the Doctor and yes to the Boy.
Let's not start the war again Diddy. Leave it in the past.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Dr.Mario: has a lot moveset potential whatsoever. At WORST a slightly Luigified Mario clone.
So, long live the Doctor and yes to the Boy.
Corrected. :troll:
Anyway, if you want to continue, head to the Dr. Mario thread. I'll be waiting there. ;)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Dr.Mario has nothing. Roy has close to everything. Do not compare them. And no, Doc has no moveset potential. The best Golden could bring up is a different Back Aerial. :rolleyes:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Dr.Mario has nothing. Roy has close to everything. Do not compare them. And no, Doc has no moveset potential. The best Golden could bring up is a different Back Aerial. :rolleyes:
Ask Chrono.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Let bygones be bygones. Let's remove the fuel before it ignites.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Both can be original characters. It's unlikely either will be. Roy has more going in his favour than Doc, and is more likely for SSB4. Let's leave it at that...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Am really disagreeing with that N3ON, Roy is leagues ahead of Dr.Mario for moveset potential. Dr.Mario only has pills. And nothing specifically that could set him apart from Mario besides a Down B move perhaps.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Am really disagreeing with that N3ON, Roy is leagues ahead of Dr.Mario for moveset potential. Dr.Mario only has pills. And nothing specifically that could set him apart from Mario besides a Down B move perhaps.
This is NOT a Dr. Mario thread! :glare:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I don't want Dr.Mario, so don't worry about that.

On topic discussion: am still slightly mad that we didn't get DLC redesigns and characters for Hector and Sigurd. No Eliwood is weird to. But was really looking forward for Hector and Sigurd. Guess no artist could handle the manliness of those.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I kinda wish Roy's redesign had been based off the hero instead of the mercenary. I like how the heroes look in Awakening

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
I don't really care if I "lose credibility" to someone I hardly ever talk to.
If anything, you should be glad I'm not picking out every tiny detail of your flawed anology. I'm sparing you from my wrath, so to speak.
Though if you really want me to not hold back, I will be more than happy to oblige. Just don't say I did not warn you....
You have my most sincere invitation to criticize my "flawed" analogy.

Not that you should need one. But I'm really interested what sort of masterpiece of logic you're holding back from me. By all means if what you have to say leads to the better answer than you should say it!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I didn't say that they were of the same likelihood to become unique or anything, or they had the same amount of moveset potential, I agree Roy has more potential. I just said they both could be unique. And they both can be. Really, any character can be made unique. I don't think Dr. Mario ever will be (Roy has a better chance than him, sure), and there are many other Mario characters better suited for a unique moveset, but he could be, look at Chrono's moveset.

I don't want Dr.Mario, so don't worry about that.

On topic discussion: am still slightly mad that we didn't get DLC redesigns and characters for Hector and Sigurd. No Eliwood is weird to. But was really looking forward for Hector and Sigurd. Guess no artist could handle the manliness of those.
Yeah, I would've preferred Hector and Sigurd over any of the non-Lords who were made DLC, but at least they're both probably going to appear in SMTxFE (well, at least Hector and Eliwood will be - Sigurd's pretty likely though, I'd say).

And yeah, they couldn't even handle the manliness of Ike properly. Hell, they couldn't even handle the manliness of Eirika, had to put her in a damn wedding dress. :rolleyes::laugh:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
And yeah, they couldn't even handle the manliness of Ike properly. Hell, they couldn't even handle the manliness of Eirika, had to put her in a damn wedding dress. :rolleyes::laugh:
Eirika and Ike were tolerable, at least. The biggest disaster was Micaiah. :urg:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, in her defense ALL dark mages, male and female, dress like that

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
The one who made Ike DLC art is the one who was actually the artist for FE6/FE7, till now the only decent DLC art was made by the FE8 artist (Leif), Ike was supposed to be a Hero in his Redesign, but we all agree that the artwork look nothing like the Hero class....and I'm so mad that they didn't use a tweaked Priam ingame model for Ike, they did it with Marth and Lucina, it would've been easy to do it for Ike.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Micaiah going from Light Mage to Dark Mage..
Then starting wearing such outfits?

Good girl gone bad?

And does Priam look anything different from regular Heros then?? Does he look more like Ike than Ike..?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The one who made Ike DLC art is the one who was actually the artist for FE6/FE7, till now the only decent DLC art was made by the FE8 artist (Leif)
This is totally subjective. The most popular DLC art is Roy's. Alm and Ephraim's art and design have also been pretty positively received.

Ike was supposed to be a Hero in his Redesign, but we all agree that the artwork look nothing like the Hero class....and I'm so mad that they didn't use a tweaked Priam ingame model for Ike, they did it with Marth and Lucina, it would've been easy to do it for Ike.
The art might be a little strange looking, but it's still pretty clearly the hero class:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I don't like Ephraim's redesign too much. Original looked better imo.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I didn't know Ephraim got a new design

I think it looks better. it isn't a radical change like some of them though

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
He looks like a skinny Armor Knight. And since when he got a shield? I don't like.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
This is totally subjective. The most popular DLC art is Roy's. Alm and Ephraim's art and design have also been pretty positively received.

The art might be a little strange looking, but it's still pretty clearly the hero class:

Well what I should've said clearly the only one that look Fire Emblem like is Leif's redesign, and for Ike's redesign he should've kept the shoulder and the collar armor.

Micaiah going from Light Mage to Dark Mage..
Then starting wearing such outfits?

Good girl gone bad?

And does Priam look anything different from regular Heros then?? Does he look more like Ike than Ike..?

Basically he looks just like that ingame.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Found a better image:

He really looks like Vanguard Ike. It's indeed a real big shame what they did to Ike. Still, Priam himself is a pretty sweet nod to Ike, so IS seems to respect him a lot.

It's weird though how Ike is a Hero, but based of his Path or Radiance self, and has a cracked Ragnell which he THROWS now... :rolleyes:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
His DLC is based on his PoR self, perhaps that's how he'll look like in Smash 4. :awesome:

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Found a better image:

He really looks like Vanguard Ike. It's indeed a real big shame what they did to Ike. Still, Priam himself is a pretty sweet nod to Ike, so IS seems to respect him a lot.

It's weird though how Ike is a Hero, but based of his Path or Radiance self, and has a cracked Ragnell which he THROWS now... :rolleyes:
I think I have the answer about the Ragnell, if you played RD you will know at the end of the game you end up defeating Ashera, which by that maybe killing her, the thing is Ashera is the goddess who blessed the Ragnell, which mean if she is gone than the Ragnell blessing is gone too, so basically the Ragnell lost the magic that protects it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom