• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi's Match-Up Chart thread

Nogzor'z

Smash Journeyman
Im not sure if my input would be useful here... but I find yoshi's neutral B quite useful in separating IC, (even if you do eat nana instead.).

I've only had a few matches with competent IC's, but perhaps they were just ill-prepared for a yoshi.

unknown522

Some guy
IMO:

:bowser: - 70-30
:falcon: - 20-80
:drmario: - 30-70
:dk2: - 35-65
:falco: - 10-90
:fox: - 15-85
:gw: - 40-60
:ganondorf: - 30-70 (can't ganon CG yoshi?)
:popo: - 20-80
:jigglypuff: - 35-65
:kirby2: - 60-40
:link2: - 45-55
:luigi2: - 35-65
:mario2: - 35-65
:marth: - 30-70
:mewtwo: - 45-55
:ness2: - 60-40
:peach: : 35-65
:pichu: - 50-50
:pikachu2: - 45-55
:roymelee: - 70-30
:samus2: - 30-70
:shiek: - 15-85
:yoshi2: - 50-50
:younglinkmelee: - 45-55
:zelda: - 55-45

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
yoshi beats G&w... all you have to do is get him in sheild then you win. also falco isnt that bad. at all. and falcon should be 35 75. and dk is def no that bad...hello.

Mind Trick

Smash Ace
IMO:

:bowser: - 70-30
:falcon: - 20-80
:drmario: - 30-70
:dk2: - 35-65
:falco: - 10-90
:fox: - 15-85
:gw: - 40-60
:ganondorf: - 30-70 (can't ganon CG yoshi?)
:popo: - 20-80
:jigglypuff: - 35-65
:kirby2: - 60-40
:link2: - 45-55
:luigi2: - 35-65
:mario2: - 35-65
:marth: - 30-70
:mewtwo: - 45-55
:ness2: - 60-40
:peach: : 35-65
:pichu: - 50-50
:pikachu2: - 45-55
:roymelee: - 70-30
:samus2: - 30-70
:shiek: - 15-85
:yoshi2: - 50-50
:younglinkmelee: - 45-55
:zelda: - 55-45
this looks like a list with a direct correlation between mu en tier list position lololol

Mind Trick

Smash Ace
that a lot of this stuff is really off, and I'm thinking you just randomly assigned numbers with the tier list as reference, because you have little to no exp in any of these mu's at all.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
But Falco can't do crap from a grab, meaning you can shield camp him just fine. Sheik, on the other hand, can 0-death you from a grab.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
I didn't mean to imply that you can "camp" Falco in any way, shape or form. Obviously shielding gets Yoshi NOTHING. What I mean was that you don't have to be as afraid to shield vs Falco's assault as you do when Sheik is up close and personal with you.

Mind Trick

Smash Ace
you should wait for my latest stuff against falco :p
I still have a long way to go, but I do crouch powershield jump against lasers pretty consistent in that set.
Shielding isn't that good against falco, you'll just slide away from his pressure but that doesn't necessarily puts you in a better spot. I think Sheik with her CG is tougher though.

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
I've had lots of experience in the falco match from TRC and some with Dr. PeePee. Falco is harder than sheik at high levels because he makes it so hard to answer to anything. His pressure game is crazy. High level falco's don't F up their approach. When they meet u it's usually on there times. A laser will be well placed to f with your dj or just normal movement in genral. And from there they will adjust to the situation accordingly while your trying to get the heck out of there. His grab doesn't equal death. But it's soo controlling. An even though you can jump through his spike, he has more than enough options to take you out. Im not saying it's impossible to win against falco. But it is a very hard match.

Sheik is a bad match. But you have options. Her weak tilts and very telegraphed dash dance to grab make it hard for her to rely on camping alone. Sure she can mess you up with grabs a lil bit. But you can DJC nair after a lil while. Sure she's not as easy to edge gaurd. But after a knock off or two, she'll be to far for the ledge. Her aerials are strong, but not peach or lugi strong. I need to play tope more for further research on this american match up. I will say that its alot easier to play against a falco with poor laser timing or spacing. Since this allows for nasty punishments.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Falco only has to ever actually use down air.

The more moves he uses, the easier the matchup gets. If he plays smart and gay with down air just like Fox should with neutral air, it's mostly impossible.

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
I've had lots of experience in the falco match from TRC and some with Dr. PeePee. Falco is harder than sheik at high levels because he makes it so hard to answer to anything. His pressure game is crazy. High level falco's don't F up their approach. When they meet u it's usually on there times. A laser will be well placed to f with your dj or just normal movement in genral. And from there they will adjust to the situation accordingly while your trying to get the heck out of there. His grab doesn't equal death. But it's soo controlling. An even though you can jump through his spike, he has more than enough options to take you out. Im not saying it's impossible to win against falco. But it is a very hard match.

Sheik is a bad match. But you have options. Her weak tilts and very telegraphed dash dance to grab make it hard for her to rely on camping alone. Sure she can mess you up with grabs a lil bit. But you can DJC nair after a lil while. Sure she's not as easy to edge gaurd. But after a knock off or two, she'll be to far for the ledge. Her aerials are strong, but not peach or lugi strong. I need to play tope more for further research on this american match up. I will say that its alot easier to play against a falco with poor laser timing or spacing. Since this allows for nasty punishments.
guys. it's really really easy to kill sheik after you hit her off.
once shes offstage
TAKE THE LEDGE
always. then shes forced to upb onto the stage. all you have to do is wd on into dsmash or fsmash to hit her back off. or ledghop fair>nair. then rinse and repeat
it works every time.

Mind Trick

Smash Ace
once shes offstage
TAKE THE LEDGE
always. then shes forced to upb onto the stage. all you have to do is wd on into dsmash or fsmash to hit her back off. or ledghop fair>nair. then rinse and repeat
it works every time.
poof can kill your double jump though, idk they can switch it up in a lot of ways
I'd say <100 you wanna take it and do normal getup, and >100 no idea whats best lol

leffen

Smash Champion
uh, not really as long as your fast with ur aerial / waveland ( though I've seen your yoshi usually drops way too low for waveland and u doing fair too late in the jump ).
Since poof will just send you up if do an aerial and even if it eats your jump you will be able to airdodge to the stage anyway.

Though I could see you dont have much experience vs sheik, you did alot of random stuff ( like fsmashes, too much fulljump bair into always approaching nair , not using uair at all etc )
Edgeguarding sheik is reallyyy easy once you've learned it.

Mind Trick

Smash Ace
You can take the laser as you double jump and then waveland yeah, but the timing is tight and it's not really worth it. As of now I think parry/powershield wavedash is best (still learning though) to deal with lasers and parry djc nair is best against his dair/nair approach.

I was playing Amsah yesterday and the moment I used my shield against his spacies I got ***** lolol. It was as Shiri said he only has to use his dair to follow your rolls and basically **** you up from that. I can now consistently parry fox and falco's nair though, it's pretty **** :D

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Parrying Falco's dair is just as easy as parrying fox/falco's nair IMO.

All of Falco's aerial approaches are quite easy to parry. Once people figure out I can parry all their aerial approaches they tend to become hesitant in approaching.

My Yoshi is getting better to go along with my parry skills. =]

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
once shes offstage
TAKE THE LEDGE
it works every time.
Lol Im not saying shes impossible to edge gaurd or anything. Im just saying that she has an option or two more than falco.

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
in the since that she has more range. and can mess you up if she has her dj. you just have to watch and be careful. but once she is off you can pretty much get the kill

Top Bottom