• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshis entire frame data

Sharky

Smash Master
eh. they can all be DJ air dodged, or he can ff air dodge to the ground, etc. They have enough options to avoid you most of the time.

Yikarur

Smash Master
I have to fix a few mistakes at the Throw Section because your opponent can act much earlier than I have written there D: (counting mistake or something, when you have to count until 60 for every single test multiples times, mistakes can't be prevented xD)

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
You still didn't put up the amount of frames for getting up after tripping. :(

I know it's not that important, but considering that you put up the frame data for literally everything else Yoshi has it is bothering my perfectionist side. >_>;

:069:

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: It's useful for that, although I don't know many characters or players that would do that.

I use standing grabs when I know spotdodges are coming, not just out of shields.

I tried forward smash, but it's easy to miss the timing, I sometimes mess up pivot grabs if I try to do them too quickly (even though they're much safer), and I've had people spotdodge both swipes of downsmash, so I use the grab because of its consistency, despite how vulnerable it leaves you.

Yikarur

Smash Master
little update.

>Dash< Area added
>Tripping Get-up< Added
>Throw< Data fixed
>Small Note at Dtilt and Bair<
>Stale Hitlag Frames added (look at Legend)

Scatz If you figured out about the Hitstun Cancel for bair and dtilt let me know =P

bigman40

Smash Master
Idk the information behind it to tell you what it truly is that causes the opponent to break out of the stun from the first hit of Bair. At most, we can find certain percentages where the opponent won't be getting the stun when their damage is high enough.

My only suspect about the difference from non AD-able stun to AD-able stun is that the initial power of the move (fresh) gives a certain damage limit to each character when deciding whether moves give AD-able stun or non AD-able stun. As soon as that limit is broken, the character will always go into an AD-able stun and can dodge combos at will.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Interesting. Simply getting up from tripping would leave you only vulnerable for 4 frames.

Oh yeah! There's one more section you should add before this is 100% complete. What about techs?

Yikarur

Smash Master
I'll add techs later. And Polter, don't forget to add the frames of the Dash Tripping. =P

>>Dash Tripping<<
Invincibility: 1-8
Yoshi can't move: 45

>Trip-Get-Up<
Invincibility: 1-17
Ends: 21

that makes a total of 76 Frames and we are 25 Frames unvulnerable :p

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Well, I was really only focusing on the frames after we tripped. We don't really have any control of when we trip when dashing, but we can still control what we do afterwards.

bigman40

Smash Master
Actually nvm.

Dbl edit:

Found another job you can look up perfectionist :)

Can you look up what frame Egg Toss forces characters to break out of hitstun (gives them the chance to airdodge in other words)? When you find that, can you tell me what frames they can airdodge on (this is considering when the egg JUST hits them)?

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Also, I have another request.

If it is not too much trouble, can you give us the frame-by-frame pictures of Yoshi's f-smash and up-smash? I want to confirm something...

Yikarur

Smash Master
uh what do you want to test? perhaps I can tell you.

my SD Card is atm out of order because I bought another one which doesn't work without an extra reader (SDHC) so I have to wait D:

and Scatz, the opponent can't either break out in Frame 14 or when the hitstun runs out which is variable.

I'll test it when I get my SDHC reader =D

bigman40

Smash Master
Well, if you can find anything about this, then it'll be grateful, as I'm looking into a Double Jump Egg Toss to gain frame advantage for either pivot grabbing a shielded egg or attacking when they're hit. I know it's a variable amount of frame advantage due to where the egg lands in relative to when Yoshi regains control, but it'll be hella useful for me to find out what we have.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I'd like to see at which frame Yoshi would put his head back. I always found it weird that Yoshi can escape a nonperfect chain-grab by King Dedede by f-smashing, so I'd like to know why.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Yes, but I would like to know when he moves his head back. If he moves his head back in 1 or 2 frames, then f-smashing is actually a better option then jabbing or spot-dodging to escape the chain-grab.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Yes, but I would like to know when he moves his head back. If he moves his head back in 1 or 2 frames, then f-smashing is actually a better option then jabbing or spot-dodging to escape the chain-grab.

Until D3 Fsmashes you for using it. So much lagggggg

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
That's where prediction come in. You need to know what he's going to do. F-smashing each time you get d-throwed is obviously not a good idea.

Metatitan

Smash Master
I used to jab, at higher %'s or near the ledge I held the shield button. It meant a f smash or dash attack was coming.

Yikarur

Smash Master
how much should I answer the same question D: look at the frame data, Yoshi puts hit head back in the charged frame. So you substract "Hit after charging" from "Fsmash Hit" and you have the frame where yoshis head is put back.
Jab is always safer.

Sharky

Smash Master
his head is all the way back at the charge frame, which isn't quite the same as "When is his head back enough. basically, "is moving his big nose back a bit enough?" is the question I believe.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I am going to be extremely rude and say that...

...you guys should not be discussing something like non-buffered chaingrabs from King Dedede.

Even mediocre players know how to buffer his chaingrab; the non-buffered version should not even be considered for analysis, to be honest. It's not like not buffering the grab gives King Dedede advantages of any sort; as a matter of fact, any motion that King Dedede wants to do after a down throw (another grab, dash attack, or some smash or whatever) will always be buffered to hit the opponent as soon as they are vulnerable (either out of the throw stun or out of techniques like spotdodges), so I honestly don't see why you guys are using such a good frame list to go over things like bad chaingrabbing.

I probably shouldn't have been so forward, but it just bothers me. You can still discuss it, I was just saying how I felt about it.

Carry on.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Not very long, but enough for it to matter.

I believe it is somewhere in the neighborhood of between 5 and 10 frames.

bigman40

Smash Master
Some extra stuff the wasn't included in the list.

Soft landing: 2 frames
Hard landing: 4 frames
Airdodging into ground (hard and soft landings): 4 frames
Window to wavebounce: 4 frames

bigman40

Smash Master
how long is the turn around animation?
depends on how good you're at timing. The animation can be just 1 frame and you'll be able to use any move directly after the turn. In short, add 1 frame to every move you plan to do while turning around and that's basically how long you take (being perfect of course).

bigman40

Smash Master
Yikarur, I got a favor that you'll enjoy doing. Can you give me the percents it takes to kill with Yoshi's moveset? (not everything, just the moves that can kill around 200%). Can you do this near the ledge and in the middle of FD? I'd appreciate it.

Yikarur

Smash Master
hitstun? o.ô Hitstun is always relativ to the % and Knockback and you can cancel nearly every hitstun in Frame 12 with an airdodge and in frame 26 with an Aerial. (there are few weird exceptions but I didn't figure this out yet.)

Top Bottom