• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshis entire frame data

Depster

Smash Champion
But is it the good or bad hitbox?

And I was asking whether it is better to usmash or good-hitbox dash attack.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I'd assume the hitbox varies depending on opponent. I'd say that those on the Hard to CG list would get the weaker one, while the easier ones get the good one.

Usmash vs. Good DA, I'd probably say it depends on character as well as percent/kill power of both moves. If you can't get the good hitbox, DA is pretty much worthless. =/

Sharky

Smash Master
if you get it on falco it'd probably be the strong hitbox, though, as he's listed as super hard for a different reason.

Yikarur

Smash Master
OMG I FAIL I FAIL I FAIL xD

I forgot the frame data of Dash Attack xDD
I'll add them later xD

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman
I was just thinking about how some people avoid DDD's (imperfectly timed) cg with fsmash. On what frame does Yoshi pull his head back?

Yikarur

Smash Master
his head is fully pulled back at the charged Frame.

Forward smash
Start up: 13
Hits: 14-16
Hits after Charging: 7

So 14 - 7 = 7 xD

Airborne

Smash Lord
i know that some characters can be cg'd but are too far out of the range of the usmash, such as sonic... is it possible to hit them with the sweetspot of the dash attack, frame-wise and spacing-wise? =\

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Well, according to the listed frame data, we have:

Grab Release: Yoshi can't move 29, opponent can't move 50. So that's 31 frames to do something.

Dash Attack comes out in 10 frames, the 10th being the hitbox. It should work on everyone, I'd say, though I can do some minor testing. =/

Sharky

Smash Master
depends on how far away you'd have to hit them at. I'd imagine ZSS might be able to avoid it, for example.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Well, according to the listed frame data, we have:

Grab Release: Yoshi can't move 29, opponent can't move 50. So that's 31 frames to do something.

Dash Attack comes out in 10 frames, the 10th being the hitbox. It should work on everyone, I'd say, though I can do some minor testing. =/
It's actually 21 frames, that should still be plenty of time though.

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman
his head is fully pulled back at the charged Frame.

Forward smash
Start up: 13
Hits: 14-16
Hits after Charging: 7

So 14 - 7 = 7 xD
OK, thanks. So I guess that means jab is safer in the DDD cg scenario, though if the DDD is at kill percentage, going for the fsmash could still be worth it.

Edit:
It's actually 21 frames, that should still be plenty of time though.
Delta-cod: He can't subtract.

Airborne

Smash Lord
mmk, the problem with the frames we have for dash attack after GR are that we are assuming that yoshi is DAing as soon as we regain control.... this won't provide any assistance at all. we will have to find out distance per frames, seconds, etc., that yoshi travels when running (ex: yoshi runs 2.67 yoshi lengths per second, which is ~.04 yoshi lengths per frame.) find out at what distance he needs to travel in order to initiate a dash attack that will sweetspot the opponent, and see if the frames suffice. after all, this IS outside of the range of usmash...

btw,
Polter doesn't shower
Yikarur can't count
Delta can't subtract ( and currently has 666 posts as of 10:30 p.m.)
Airborne can't properly study for history tests

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I HAZ JOHNS.

But you also have to remember that dash attack has more horizontal range than Usmash, or at least it should. But yes, we d need to find that out as well.

AND WITH THIS, MAY THE DEVIL'S SINS BE PURGED.

Airborne

Smash Lord
I HAZ JOHNS.

But you also have to remember that dash attack has more horizontal range than Usmash, or at least it should. But yes, we d need to find that out as well.

AND WITH THIS, MAY THE DEVIL'S SINS BE PURGED.
yes, the entire length of the dash attack has more range, but does the sweetspot hitboxes have more range? =O

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
So guaranteed usmash on release on certain characters is worth nothing, then? An uair on Ness for further kill power? Edgeguard set ups, move refreshes. Spike on Squirtle. Egg Lay on Ganon and (I think) Falco.
Good luck grabbing squirtle. Ganondorf sucks, so screw him. And again, good luck grabbing Falco.

I've seen the stats, egg breaking doesn't make Yoshi unkillable. And Dsmash can kill, not a big deal if you can't rack up damage. OoS still sucks.
surviving horizontal hits longer than anyone without being helpless is awesome.

Tilts all are better for damage. And they all have pretty good range and speed.

Spotdodge D-smash is a good KO strategy.

I'm also surprised on how you didn't mention the Fair thing. Is that no longer a selling point? =P
I guess it's as viable as the grab release nonsense. Maybe slightly more viable.

Sharky

Smash Master
grab release upsmash on squirtle, MK, Ness, Lucas, ganon, Wario.

now that we have frame data we should totally check other chars for upsmashability, I betcha there's at least one other char we're missing.

Yikarur

Smash Master
you cannot use the frame data for opponent who touches the ground before the 50 frames are finished. (Falco as example)

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Yikarur and Bigz are like Yoshi's ambassadors to the United Frame Data Council.

Yikarur

Smash Master
Yoshi Boards got Political! Let's vote for the president of the Yoshi Boards.

well I'm nearly done with my school exams, only next week and then I have autumn holidays.
I add the things which are missing then =D

Any wants for the frame data which doesn't exist yet?

hadesblade

Smash Lord
Good luck grabbing squirtle. Ganondorf sucks, so screw him. And again, good luck grabbing Falco.
We don't have trouble grabbing Wario. Squirtle and Falco? pfft, we're yoshi.

surviving horizontal hits longer than anyone without being helpless is awesome.
Yeah, it's great, but even without egg braking it's extremely hard to kill us off the sides unless you hit us offstage. Even mk's usually end up killing me with a glide attack (verticle knockback)

Tilts all are better for damage. And they all have pretty good range and speed.
Tilts are nice, and they egg lay buff is nice...

Spotdodge D-smash is a good KO strategy.
Spotdodge to down b is still better unless theres a platform over you that stops you from doing it. It also eats spotdodges, and the stars shield poke, making it a lot safer if they shield/spotdodge.

I guess it's as viable as the grab release nonsense. Maybe slightly more viable.
If you land more than 1 fair a set on a grounded opponent, you're either mad lucky, or they're doing something wrong.

Yikarur

Smash Master
dammit, go out of my thread when you want to talk about balanced brawl <_<
There is a trash talk thread right the next door..

Metatitan

Smash Master
Hades you're ********. It's pretty much impossible to grab wario with any character; only a few are good at doing it and yoshi isn't one of them.

hadesblade

Smash Lord
Hades you're ********. It's pretty much impossible to grab wario with any character; only a few are good at doing it and yoshi isn't one of them.
Just wait for him to use his second jump then grab the landing... it's not that hard. Also Wario's "safe to sheild but not grab" moves don't work on us, because we can just pivot grab them.

And once again sorry for using this thread for something besides frame data... atleast it keeps it bumped? XD

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Oh look, more things that belong in matchup discussion threads.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: If something isn't worth putting in a thread that deals specifically with that issue...

...that should say something about it being worth putting in a thread that has nothing to do with it.

Last warning.

bigman40

Smash Master
Yo, I'ma decipher Shiri's post for you twits. Post **** in the appropriate thread regardless of what happened to that thread (unless it got deleted). If you have **** that might be worth talking about, then start discussing it in the relevant thread.

GOOD DAY SIR! :)

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I always kind of assumed that it was really impossible to chain-grab Snake, but King Dedede comes as a surprise. Then again, I don't really attempt to chain-grab either of them, so I guess it doesn't matter. I guess they have just enough frames to jump out of it even if we're frame-perfect.

Yikarur, you forgot to put the frame data for simply getting up from tripping.

:069:

Gindler

Smash Champion
I always kind of assumed that it was really impossible to chain-grab Snake, but King Dedede comes as a surprise. Then again, I don't really attempt to chain-grab either of them, so I guess it doesn't matter. I guess they have just enough frames to jump out of it even if we're frame-perfect.

Yikarur, you forgot to put the frame data for simply getting up from tripping.

:069:
Good call Polt, I forgot how much I hate yoshi's trip. At least he looks adorable when he does it.

Sharky

Smash Master
anyone who is still asking about the alterations to the CG list, look back at the first (or second?) page of this thread. Yikarur frame tested it, it doesn't work on them, and that's that. Geez. >_>

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Sharky, perhaps knowing HOW they escape the CG is good to know for mix ups. Take Falco, for example. If the Falco spotdodges to escape the CG, charge an usmash and punish it. ZSS: Bait the Down B and punish. Stuff like that. if the D3 jumps out, perhaps a dair chase would be effective? Iunno.

Sharky

Smash Master
Falco misses getting out by one frame, but spotdodging would be his manner of escape, yes. My recommendation would be to mix in the regular cg with running past him and pivot grabbing. Dedede can jump out, as can snake. Dair is slow on start-up though, I wouldn't rely on it so much. I do mix in nair, on occasion, however. Egg lay and uair are also decent options.

it was just annoying me that people kept asking why they were removed because they were too lazy to read, that's all >.>

Top Bottom