• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
Well. @ Yosher Yosher was late by 4 months. My only fear is i will get no comments like my Olimar Image Gallery.
I personally didn't really do it for comments. I did it because I enjoyed doing a little thing regarding my favourite character and hopefully giving fellow Yoshi players a little more overview of all the Yoshi related things in and around this game. And with im just peachy's help I was able to make this a proper thread~ (Still need to update the OP soon, at that. Will get to that later this week!)

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I personally didn't really do it for comments. I did it because I enjoyed doing a little thing regarding my favourite character and hopefully giving fellow Yoshi players a little more overview of all the Yoshi related things in and around this game. And with im just peachy's help I was able to make this a proper thread~ (Still need to update the OP soon, at that. Will get to that later this week!)
Wonder if you and @im just peachy would help me do one for Sonic?

nintendoplayers101

Smash Rookie
NNID
Kaioken764
Yes! Go Yoshi! Can't wait for Smash 4! I want to see a lot more colors and alternate costumes for Yoshi, and I hope they deliver for us. Great analysis of Yoshi, and keep up the good work. :)

ORANGEtheGORILLa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ORANGEtheGORILLA
3DS FC
0387-9268-8964
has anyone talked about how yoshis eggroll is a lot faster and turns immediately now
this could be used as like a dash dance or something
youknowitallcool

NashRiskin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nashriskin
3DS FC
3497-1265-2606
For any Yoshi Mains out there, Yoshi has always been a top 10 character for me and I played a LOT of him at the Play nintendo event in Irvine this past weekend. I tend to do big write ups but focused those on Newcomers but if you have any Yoshi questions from someone who played about 25 yoshi 1v1 matches feel free to ask me anything!

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Yoshi looks really fast. I hope for the return of Yoshi's Story stage

~Rainbow Mika

Smash Cadet
NNID
rigobfd64
3DS FC
0361-6812-0263
I was looking for some Yoshi footage of Smash 4 to see if yoshi can DJC, unfortunately haven't found anything (besides some terrible players).
Has anyone found something about it? Anyways, I doubt he's able to do it..

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Unpopular opinion time: I won't miss DJC-ing. It always screwed me up when I was trying to get to a high-up opponent.

Iblistech

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NeosCross
3DS FC
3179-6577-8881
Switch FC
SW-7096-0760-2425
Yoshi's been my ace since Melee and I don't regret it at all. I'm glad he's gotten better in this game. :D

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Well everyone, as someone who used Yoshi as a secondary in every game and just lost his main, I'm now on the Yoshi bandwagon. Its between him and Falcon, but the dino's charm might beat out the Captain's badassery. So consider me a Yoshi main for Smash 4.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Cool.
Also dunno what sai means tbh. If he's chasing a high opponent, wouldn't he need to full hop then double jump? Dunno how he's DJC by accidentally doing dr if that's what he means.

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
Well everyone, as someone who used Yoshi as a secondary in every game and just lost his main, I'm now on the Yoshi bandwagon. Its between him and Falcon, but the dino's charm might beat out the Captain's badassery. So consider me a Yoshi main for Smash 4.
It'll be great to have you on board dude. Really hoping Wolf comes back somehow and relatively soon of course. There's always that DLC rumor...

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
It'll be great to have you on board dude. Really hoping Wolf comes back somehow and relatively soon of course. There's always that DLC rumor...
Always a chance of course, but for now I guess its time to move on. Yoshi was always my second favorite Brawl character even if he wasn't top tier material, and not only will he NEVER be cut, he also looks heavily buffed, has many revised moves, and those rainbows on Egg Toss are so charming. I thought projectile spam could never be so beautiful.

Whooping Dark Pit's a** as Yoshi and Falcon is gonna be bittersweet, but so satisfying.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
This new iteration of Yoshi looks to be the THE BEST. His move set looks amazing and I can't wait to get more than just the demo playtime I had with him. His smashes look a lot safer now and his hitboxes don't look as wonky which is sensational. My only disappointment is his lack of DJC it allowed him to air to ground combo so much faster but I lived without in Brawl I can live without it now. Project M spoiled me with giving him his DJC back :/

Iblistech

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NeosCross
3DS FC
3179-6577-8881
Switch FC
SW-7096-0760-2425
Welcome aboard! :3

I hadn't thought of being part of this group when I joined the site, but I'm here now as I intended to be in the first place. :D

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Do you mean DJC'd aerials or specials that messed you up?
Aerials mostly, but specials have messed up my recovery more than once, too.

Cool.
Also dunno what sai means tbh. If he's chasing a high opponent, wouldn't he need to full hop then double jump? Dunno how he's DJC by accidentally doing dr if that's what he means.
Yup, by accident. I try to "charge" a move with high startup too early, and I plummet.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Commemorated my official switch to full-time Yoshi with a new profile pic.

So has anyone noticed any nerfs between Brawl and this game?

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR

His Bair has a decent amount of landing lag but I you hit with all 4 hits the last one launches so that could make up for it. His egg roll is faster but dosnt seem to be able to take hits like in brawl. Other than that it looks like Yoshi may have come out on top this time with way more buffs than minuses

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137

According to SmashWiki, Yoshi has a lot of damage nerfs on his attacks, but everything else seems to be a buff.

boobeardabes

Smash Rookie
lol what do you guys think yoshis feet smell like? do you think they're stinky? haha just kidding my friends haha

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Wha... Wait! ... This... This question... We must know... FOR SCIENCE!

Look, if Yoshi were real and looked like their adorable selves, I would be best friends with a Yoshi. Fact.

boobeardabes

Smash Rookie
Wha... Wait! ... This... This question... We must know... FOR SCIENCE!

Look, if Yoshi were real and looked like their adorable selves, I would be best friends with a Yoshi. Fact.
haha would you also want to be eaten by one and then pooped out in an egg? i know i would haha, the egg would be stinky inside! lol!

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
haha would you also want to be eaten by one and then pooped out in an egg? i know i would haha, the egg would be stinky inside! lol!
That... went too far. TMI? I meant more like best buds then whatever relationship you want with a Yoshi.

Klaww

Smash Cadet
NNID
KlawwTheClown
3DS FC
1220-6841-7284
6 users viewing this thread right now?

Daaaaaaang are y'all ever curious.

I'd assume they smell like eggs.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
6 users viewing this thread right now?

Daaaaaaang are y'all ever curious.

I'd assume they smell like eggs.
Yoshi feet would smell like eggs or Yoshi eggs would smell like eggs. And like I said: FOR SCIENCE!

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
I'm...going to guess this is some...er....fetish of yours or something...

They'd probably just smell like any other feet?:s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom