• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YOSHI TOURNEY HYPE!!!! Genessiiis

CelestialMarauder~

Smash Ace
Uptilt Dtilt Upsmash Fsmash Dsmash Uair Bair DashAttack Jab Egg Eggroll Grab.... Nope No egglay in that match. Is Egglay even useful in this matchup? In the most basic sense all you need is Upsmash Pivot grab and eggs. Every Option you add onto that just makes to matchup a little easier.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Guys I'm not saying Bowser doesn't lose if the Yoshi doesn't use egglay, I'm saying it sounds like KingKong played the matchup incorrectly if Delta didn't even need to use it and 3-stocked him. Does anyone know if the matches got recorded?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
It sounds to me like you don't understand how bad yoshi walls bowser even without egg lay. Bowser has pretty much zero options if you play super campy and gay, and as we are speaking of Delta, that sounds pretty correct.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
The matches were played on the stream, so yes, they should be recorded.

And no, I didn't need Egg Lay because I didn't need to approach. All I did was wall an approach, juggle/combo a little, then reset to camp. Bowser has like, no options to approach against Pivot Grab/Usmash. Yoshi doesn't need to approach, so Egg Lay isn't needed.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
^This. Any idea who wouldve recorded/uploaded it?
Guys I'm not saying Bowser doesn't lose if the Yoshi doesn't use egglay, I'm saying it sounds like KingKong played the matchup incorrectly if Delta didn't even need to use it and 3-stocked him. Does anyone know if the matches got recorded?
The matches were played on the stream, so yes, they should be recorded.
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/14871968

This should be it, I really need to start going to nationals. But then I think... Why should I spend money to go OoS tournaments too much gas/money just to probably lose to MK/high tier.
I'd go if someone else drove and there was more people from my own city going.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Oh, Delta actually did use a couple egg lays near the end. =0 He landed one right at the end, b-reversed once to avoid a punish, and threw one out as he approached the ledge recovering in case KK tried anything.

:005:

Flayl

Smash Hero
Yea it's pretty apparent he doesn't know the matchup very well. Smashville first game, tried to hit yoshi tossing eggs on the ledge, all the completely unsafe airdodges into Yoshi, used DAir a lot for some reason, missed tons of opportunities to jab Yoshi, etc.

But yeah the mu is still garbage.

edit: Yeah I was going to comment on that egglay stuff lol

Luigisama

Smash Champion
If I'm not mistaken I think a doubles set that Delta and Raptor won was saved on Raptor's wii. So it should probably be uploaded sometime next week because Raptor is lazy yoshi. inb4raptorsayshedidn'tsavethematch :@

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Yea it's pretty apparent he doesn't know the matchup very well. Smashville first game, tried to hit yoshi tossing eggs on the ledge, all the completely unsafe airdodges into Yoshi, used DAir a lot for some reason, missed tons of opportunities to jab Yoshi, etc.

But yeah the mu is still garbage.

edit: Yeah I was going to comment on that egglay stuff lol
To be honest, I don't think it really mattered what he did when landing, I just would have changed my methods a little bit. Bowser has no options.:awesome: Even in general, if he started punishing my riskier camping, I just would have...camped safer. Lol.

If I'm not mistaken I think a doubles set that Delta and Raptor won was saved on Raptor's wii. So it should probably be uploaded sometime next week becasue Raptor is lazy yoshi. inb4raptorsayshedidn'tsavethematch :@
I don't remember, so you'll have to ask him. =P

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Bowser is sooooo bad against Yoshi. :(

He's our best wingman--why can't we all just get along?

Just saw the match. KK really needs to not waste his double jump in the air above Yoshi. That's just asking to get pivot grabbed.

:phone:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Florida is waaaay too far for me, or I would :/

Im hoping I can go down there sometime early next year, like January-March or so.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
SiiS5 maybe? But I dont know if anyone is going to that, im not.

Yikarur

Smash Master
Tomorow is "Make Some Neuss 2" [M2N]
about 100 Players and almost all of the best of europe will be there (except Glutonny).

and me as well :D
I'll post the twitter link here later if you want to follow it.

Yikarur

Smash Master
thanks a lot =D making it out of Pool will be easy (4 or 6 will advance) but the bracket.. ugh :D

Yikarur

Smash Master
Today are team pools, tomorow Team Bracket + Singles,
I hope I'll make you proud! ;0

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
Good luck Yika.

Going to Uprise 4 on saturday (should be 25-30 people). I've placed 9th in each one of these so far so I'm looking to break that curse. :)

:phone:

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I was very sad to look at the bracket and not find his name anywhere in it. Competition must be tough. =[

Update: Yikarur got second in his singles pool!

Yikarur

Smash Master
hey guys! I'm 25th out of ~80 >0<

lost to istudy (Top Diddy) and to Snopy (annoying Pit)
I told you 2 years ago how much I hate Pit!! and it still didn't change, I should've played Diddy against him but I stayed full YOshi all the time (played ICs once against a bad falco in Pools though after I won the first match with ease)

well I played really good but I just can't fight Pit :'/

well I almost beat istudy >__< it was so close, I counterpicjed Brinstar vs. him and it was reallly ****, Brinstar too good.

it's really stupid that I didn't win though =(

and Pit is so frustrating >__< stupid designed character.

well tomorow brawl- :p (and low tiers but I don't think I'll enter because no Pot and I could focus on Brawl- this way)

Love you guy <3 =D

oh and I beat the best norwegian MK player in Pools lololol

Yoshi <3

and I didn't make it out of Team Pools, I had the hardest pool probably (2 Pikas, 2 Toon Links, Diddy + MK/Toon Link, Diddy + MK (Luigi_player, Orion)
almost everyone of them are good team players, I really wish to had every other pool instead

.selebu

Smash Journeyman
I beat Chiii (MK), Clade (Falco) and X (Falco) in Pools and Yoh (Ike) and NeK (DK) in Bracket.
Lost to Akuma (Snake) in Pools and to istudy (Diddy) and Snopy (Pit) in Bracket
fuuu Pit

~Yika

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Looks like i'll have a bit of updating too do for the tournament results thread. And I might update the T5Y thread as well when I have time...

Another thing, I forgot to make the 2 weekly MU thread, I guess having another week added to it won't kill anyone... Since not much discussion is coming forth from boths ends (Telling the respective character boards as well)

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Great job Yika, Pit is on my list for most annoying characters too. Pit should be our next MU discussion *looks at Slush*

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I'm just going down the list, which is alphabetical order. Next MU thread will be wednesday I guess, unless people actually want to discuss things quicker and get to Pit already.

Top Bottom