• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Social-20 years of Yoshi's Island!

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Great performance from all three Yoshis I saw: Dr. Robotnik, Sky Williams and Seel. Very nice to see that Yoshi representation!

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Didn't see other games, but watching Sky's Yoshi in that doubles match was rly
Not anything special and makes me confused Shaya sed he was probably the best western Yoshi.

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
In the same boat as Slush, didn't get to watch the other Yoshi's because they would've been playing at like 3am in the morning in my timezone x_x Is Dr.Robotnik through pools?

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
I watched Robotnik, Sky and Seel, and I thought they were all kinda bad except Robotnik, haha. I mean, I'm not the best in the world or anything, but I know a good Yoshi when I see one. Robotnik was the best of the 3, but they all just threw out ****loads of upsmashes and tried brute-forcing everything through trades.

It was moderately effective, but still painful to watch.

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
That's what it looks like watching a lot of Yoshi's (I was guilty of it in Brawl too), watching them throwing out lots of moves that aren't going to hit and not caring about whether they're better off trading or whatnot. Sometime's you can get away with recklessness and going all out, but not in later stages of a tournament or anyone smart. People need to watch their landings too instead of hovering right above people and getting Usmashed for free @_@

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Did anyone see Beatnes play? He was also a Yoshi that played on stream, against Keitaro. He was pretty good, although he made a lot of greedy/punishable moves. His fluency with the movement and combos was quite impressive. It's sad that he SD'd a couple times and then got Game 3 Diddy'd.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
You're all a bunch of bloshis that eat fruit. Also freefly(firefly) is free in the metaknight luigi mu in brawl jk.

Reppytar didn't make it into r2 pools. His only competiton was Boss and Greward's megaman, but he only played against Greward and not Boss. He lost to Megaman jump around yoshi's shield to running up smash

Reppytar=Raptor

Paper Maribro

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I'm the new guy in the skype chat that was around for the melee hype. Just thought I'd introduce myself properly on here as well seeing as the two things are linked.

I've been a long time Yoshi main in Mario Kart and Mario Party and decided to take it to the next level and make him my secondary in Smash 4.

I've only been playing him for about a week, but I'm really loving him already. Hoping I can help you guys out in any way possible.

YOSHI SKYPE IN AN EGGSHELL
Fix'd for Yoshi relevancy

Scatz

Smash Champion
You're all a bunch of bloshis that eat fruit. Also freefly(firefly) is free in the metaknight luigi mu in brawl jk.

Reppytar didn't make it into r2 pools. His only competiton was Boss and Greward's megaman, but he only played against Greward and not Boss. He lost to Megaman jump around yoshi's shield to running up smash

Reppytar=Raptor
TOO BAD RAPTOR BE AN OLD FART AND STAY IN HIS ROCKING CHAIR. DUDE AIN'T BEEN IN THE CHAT IN FOREVER, I FORGOT HE EXISTED.

Sounds like he got double elim'd by Greward. Sucks, cause he could've gotten pretty far with the right bracket.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
He apparently went to paragon and got 13th with Yoshi and Luigi, but it's the same story with 90% of Yoshi mains. They never post on smashboards or submit their results.

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
Well ****, I should probably post on here if I'm gonna be playing this game competitively. I'm a Yoshi main with Puff/VIllager as backups. Sadly I don't have a WiiU yet, just a 3DS, though I play the WiiU version at my friend's place a lot to keep up with a GameCube controller.

Good news is the only tournament I've entered I won (MoaL before Fight Pitt 5), so it's not as thought I'm completely out of the loop.

So yeah, what's up Yoshis! :D

Luigisama

Smash Champion
TOO BAD RAPTOR BE AN OLD FART AND STAY IN HIS ROCKING CHAIR. DUDE AIN'T BEEN IN THE CHAT IN FOREVER, I FORGOT HE EXISTED.

Sounds like he got double elim'd by Greward. Sucks, cause he could've gotten pretty far with the right bracket.
Going to screen shot this and show it to Raptor.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980

Reppytar=Raptor
Hopefully now people will believe me that Megaman is hard for us.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I already believe it.
My brother is one of the worst players in my city and he can sometimes go even with me 2 or 3 matches out of 10 solely because of his projectiles.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Last time I talked about the Yoshi v Megaman match up was on Skype like 2-3 weeks ago where I was saying it was even for us at best, and I cant remember who, but like 3 people were telling me we could just throw eggs and beat his camping game.

Like, pls, cmon.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I don't remember skype but I remember you and celes going on about it.
Might've been celes again on skype too, cause otherwise I was in the same boat with Megaman being even.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Im pretty sure it was actually more like 5-6 weeks ago actually but meh. Tbh I think its a -1 for us currently, not a BAD match up per say, but a good MM controls the game and he's too heavy/slippery/unpredictable for us to confirm anything on a regular basis on, whereas MM doesnt have to do anything special really to fight us, still just does normal Megaman stuff. Feel like we need to try harder to come out on top.

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
My experience of the MegaMan MU goes something like this; I short hop egg toss into Nair, he shoots lemons then throws me away and throws more stuff, repeat. Bleh.
Lots of trades when it comes to MU's where they rely on projectiles since they want to zone you out. -1 sounds about right even if only because of the fatigue factor. Probs like 55:45 though, maybe 60:40. It's definitely doable.

...Lemons? Tic-Tacs? Gumballs? :p

Slice~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
risuno
It makes me feel really uncomfortable seeing this thread not being sticky anmore.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I don't think many social threads are pinned, but if that's honestly the reason this threads activity was shot down a bit then maybe it needs to be restickied?
Man why is yoshi boards so ded

Slice~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
risuno
Why don't we ever play WiFi together?
It's like, we finally got a decent online mode and still ignore each other. D:

Let's play a bit and flame each others Yoshi and tell us what sucks and what to do.

Add "risuno" guyzz! Whoop!

Slice~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
risuno
Not necessarly Dittos, I suck at them too.
But I play Kirby & BJr as Seconds, could mix it up.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I have Shulk and Greninja, but been thinking of focusing a bit more on greninja if I ever feel like finally betraying yoshi after 15+ years of smash and have a secondary at a tournament.

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
Would definitely be up for zah Yoshi dittos and just friendlies with you guys and your secondaries, we can all learn and bounce off ideas from each other and such :)

(Am I the only one here who chooses not to have a secondary here? :p Tis all good though, lots of fun characters to play and learn, plus changing it up a little is good!)

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
We had 293829032 stickies so I unstuck this one in an effort to make the board seem cleaner. It could get restickied if people want, but seeing as how this is about the only thread that's unstickied that gets any activity, it should be fine.

I'm totally down to Wifi you all (after this week lolmidtermsgetrektDelta). Y'all probably suck anyways, I could use an ego boost.

Slice~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
risuno
That's what I've been missing on the Yoshi Boards; this pure Fun/Trash Talk!
Every thread feels so stiff and serious.

"You haven't got a chance!"
That for example! :rotfl:

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
Since I don't post too much anymore I guess I'll talk about my experience with Apex (if anyone cares).

Day one was a disaster because of the hotel situation but tbh this was also a good thing for me because I actually didn't get to practice for Apex at all. This allowed me to practice Friday night since it started Saturday morning now. I was very well prepared but it was still going to be a challenge considering there were 4 threats in my pool (one of which I didnt even know was good). I got there a little late but luckily didn't get DQ'd. I won my first set even though I was playing really bad. Literally was just autopiloting. Second set was against Gerard, a Megaman from Spain. Easy 2-0 in his favor. Once again I wasn't playing well but I wasn't close in taking either game so I had nothing to complain about. At this point I kinda just gave up hope. Started watching WF's (Boss v Gerard) and to my surprise it was really close. Game 5 last hit looking like Gerard might have had it but Boss did Boss stuff and clutched it out. For some reason this gave me hope again. I wasn't bummed out about losing to him anymore. I had a drink of water and sat down to play Kiwi. NOW I was playing just fine. I was doing everything right and I felt great. I won 2-0, although both games were extremely close and looked like she was going to clutch out the comeback. Then I had to play Gerard again. This was to make it out of pools with a second seed. We were informed that it would be 3/5. We started and the game went a lot differently now. It was almost the complete opposite of what happened the first set. I was dominating the match. I won comfortably and was up a game. He counter picked the omega megaman stage. Once again I was dominating it felt great. I had him around 80ish last stock when I finally lost my first one. We exchanged some hits and remember him being at kill percent while I was only at like 20. I don't know how he did it but he managed to pull a huge comeback and killed me semi early with an up smash. I literally could no kill him. Rolling against Yoshi is too good lol. Anyway when the match ended we were informed that we couldn't do 3/5 anymore and that it was going to be 2/3. I was pissed at this but whatever I couldn't do anything about it. Game 3 started and it felt the same way as the first 2 games. I was convincingly in the lead. It wasn't until his last stock at high percent where he started to catch up with rage. I had some opportuinities to kill him with Upsmash but I let go right away instead of waiting until after he airdodged to the ground. The set ended with a last stock last hit scenario with him hitting me with an upsmash thus killing me at 80 something. I was really upset lol. Not only because I lost but because our match was changed from 3/5 to 2/3. The way the set was going (aside from the fact that I was down a game) I really felt like I could have taken it if it were still 3/5. But yeah that was it I was out. The seeding at this tournament was terrible. Seeing people ive beaten and others who have never outplaced me make it out while I drowned was bs. Some pools only had one real threat while mine had 4. Keitaro who was 1st seed in his pool actually ended up drowning and got 4th. His pool was ridiculous lol.

The tournament itself ran very well considering they had one less day. Also, I heard Sky made it the farthest as Yoshi but I'm pretty sure he was handed a first seed so I don't know know how to feel about that lol.

Edit: I miss the Yoshis there are like no Yoshi mains :(

Last edited:
Top Bottom