• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Social-20 years of Yoshi's Island!

Klaww

Smash Cadet
NNID
KlawwTheClown
3DS FC
1220-6841-7284
Well, I know my joke moveset that I'll use to mess with my friends.

Lick, High-jump, Bouncy Egg Roll and Starry Yoshi Bomb.

I dunno what the real names are, but I'm gonna go with these for now. I still like the default moveset though.

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
I never used the Egg Lay move when playing as Yoshi in any of the Smash games, so I'm pretty happy about being able to change it. I'm personally gonna use the "Lick" one (where he attacks with his tongue instead of eating the opponent).

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I actually used the default one a lot. Not so much to attack frozen opponents, but to make a quick getaway and reposition myself.

CelestialMarauder~

Smash Ace
Does anyone else find it hilarious how we lost just about every option we knew and love, but with like a few flat buffs we became a stronger character anyway?

Robotic Wind

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Grey Walrus
I have always been a very casual Yoshi player but his moves never compelled me to main him but him customs are what I was wanting in Yoshi. He is an official contender for a top 5 main for me once the Wii u version comes out.

Boshi PV

Just another Wolf
3DS FC
2724-0961-4824
Switch FC
3729-0626-1690
I haven't been maining Yoshi long but when my friend had shown me P:M I decided to test out characters I used to mess around with in melee and brawl. Yoshi immediately stood out once I realized I can jump oos in P:M hearing that he can do that in smash 4, I got really excited. I'm looking forward to continue maining that adorable dino. I'll miss that P:M Boshi skin but dark blue will do. He looks a lot better this time around (both in moveset and cuteness) I was so excited about the changes I decided to finally make a smashboards account and try my best to help in Yoshi's Smash evolution. Based on his new stuff and the slight buffs he's recieved, high tier definitely isn't out of the question.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I've been maining Yoshi since Mario Kart 64/Mario Party 1, can't wait to main him again and learn his quirks!

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I just realized that two of Yoshi's customs are from Brawl Minus.

Someone at school brought it today, I've never touched it before, so imagine my surprise when I saw the Exploding Egg Toss and the Bouncing Egg Roll.

db132

Smash Rookie
NNID
db-132
3DS FC
3308-4650-8095
I'm loving all the positive things I've been hearing about Yoshi this time around over the past few weeks. Can't wait to finally be able to get the game and try him out myself.

Slice~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
risuno
FFS, my body is so reggie, my donger can't handle it anymore.
Want. To. Play. NOW!!!

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
My Cyan Yoshi plush's tail split a seam today, so I took the opportunity to re-stuff him. He's so squishy now and won't fall over like an empty potato sack when I take him to matches anymore.

Last edited:

Boshi PV

Just another Wolf
3DS FC
2724-0961-4824
Switch FC
3729-0626-1690
Oh my lord, I haven't laughed that hard in a while. Gotta remember to do this when I get my copy.

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
So, uhh...
Looks like we can use that egg toss momentum glitch in more ways than we initially thought.

Boshi PV

Just another Wolf
3DS FC
2724-0961-4824
Switch FC
3729-0626-1690
Haha that last one. Anyway, this glitch just keeps getting better I hope it isn't out of the game come october 3rd.

Slice~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
risuno
Austria started selling the game yesterday (Germany and Co. didn't). Got my copy asap.
This game is love, Yoshi is so good! <3

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
Austria started selling the game yesterday (Germany and Co. didn't). Got my copy asap.
This game is love, Yoshi is so good! <3
You are so lucky...have fun though. :) Time to go scout all the shops around here just in case we get lucky too :p
Hey since you've got the game and all though, could you possibly check for any potential/returning AT's and stuff?

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I think the stuff will be patched eventually. Just not patches like League or marvel where they change health damage etc.

Last edited:

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
Curious about something btw Slush, why aren't you getting the 3ds version? Don't have a 3ds or just don't want to be bothered with the controls...?

Slice~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
risuno
I think the stuff will be patched eventually. Just not patches like League or marvel where they change health damage etc.
"Welcome to the 4.18 Patch Preview, featuring nerfs to ranged characters, buffs for Megaman and changes in the jungle!"

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I do not have a 3ds since I've had money problems since I technically quit brawl back in 2013 along with the fact the Wii U version comes out in 2 or 3 months anyways and 3ds will fall out of flavor real fast when it's out.

That and I have a wii u finally after a year or whatever since the system was released, so no need to get 3ds to have the game outside of maybe ORAS then it collects dust once I finish my fun with pokemon, then just stick with Smash4 on wiiu

chipndip

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Chiptendo
3DS FC
4098-3083-1621
There's a lot of glitches concerning Yoshi, tbh...

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Well, I'm actually hoping for a patch. I want to use Yoshi in For Glory, and I don't want to get banned for it.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
That was happening because Peach's kit pulls out items sometimes.
So the For Glory mode banned them but I'm pretty sure nintendo is looking into that.

Compared to RNG with Peach, Yoshi's UpB thing you need to initiate the Ledge jump and Eggtoss before you touch the ground. That and doubt Nintendo has implemented a for glory rule yet "Don't use THIS Specific glitch or you're banned"

Slice~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
risuno
The teleport glich seems to be stackable.
Had some situations where i was able to trigger it on stage on demand.

Also the egg rollo can kinda super jump when bouncing from a height/platform.

Still testing.

P.S.: ETS is still in <3

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
Sweetness <3 I'll add the tech to the guide when I get out of bed =w=
Still performed the same way?

Slice~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
risuno
Got it a few more times, i think i know how to get the stacks, but it seems friggn hard.

It seems like if you don't use egg throw as the last move and instead make an egg rollo, you can, after leaving the egg again, trigger it whenever you like to.

Just need to try how long these stacks stay, and how you lose them again.
But now i'm tired:143:

Edit: you can jump from the base of Battlefield way up to the highest platform while egg rollo'ing.
Just gotta drop of one of the three platforms to the ground and then jump after landing and you get that kinda super jump to reach back up again.

Edit2: if you teleport, fall off the stage and get back up again without grabbing the ledge, you can teleport again.
If you do so, you "spawn" a new teleport location for the second port which is at the same spot you teleported from at the first time.
Now, in theory, it should be possible to perform "Teleport1", which creates the "Teleport 2 Spawn" and stack the 2nd Tele, so you can teleport to the created Spawn whenever you want.

If this is possible...

Last edited:

Slice~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
risuno
Gonna record it asap, just need some sleep now, i'm dying over here! ^^

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
Turns out someone in my scene bought a 3ds capture card, so I'll be able to help in making video demonstrations/tutorials etc.
We'll probably end up holding offf bigger things like guides and so on until the Wii U version comes out I'd imagine.

Yikarur

Smash Master
Yoshi has a lot of weird stuff.

If you egg roll towards an edge without inputting any direction you'll roll on the spot and if you push the stick in the direction you're facing you shot from the edge at fullspeed.

If you shoot from a plattform to the stage you can combine it with the super jump !!!1

Egg Roll still useless though 8) but I love it's mechanics.

Last edited:
Top Bottom