• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Social-20 years of Yoshi's Island!

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
He's been streaming like nonstop but I'll try to find it and link the time hang on

Edit: 26:32:00 so 26 hours in, closer to the end @ pugwishbone17 pugwishbone17

http://www.twitch.tv/zero/b/568984559
Zero was able to encounter Zudenka just in a random For Glory match?o_o Chances...and he only played 1 match :c I wonder if this modes region locked, sure hope not. It'd be amazing to play any of you guys or someone like Zude or Amsa randomly.

Last edited:

Egg.

Smash Journeyman
Zero was just worried that he would get rekt on stream by the glory that is Zudenka :p

The level of play that I've seen so far on For Glory kinda intimidates me though... I definitely prefer 1v1+no items+stock matches to free-for-all timed matches, but I don't think that I'll be able to put up much of a fight against the players that I've seen so far :(

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
Zero was just worried that he would get rekt on stream by the glory that is Zudenka :p

The level of play that I've seen so far on For Glory kinda intimidates me though... I definitely prefer 1v1+no items+stock matches to free-for-all timed matches, but I don't think that I'll be able to put up much of a fight against the players that I've seen so far :(
That's exactly it :p
Hey don't worry about it dude, Sakurai actually noted "there will be a match-making system going on dependent on players skill levels." (or something to that effect)

Egg.

Smash Journeyman
I hope so... I heard Global Smash Power is based off of single player stats which was kinda weird, so hopefully matchmaking is also affected by your win/loss record. I play a ton of classic mode in every smash game, and that could be an issue if that means that when I decide to go online I get matched up with people who actually know what they're doing. :/

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Pretty sure Global Smash Power is separate from your Matchmaking 'Elo' and your GSP is more just a number you can build up to show all around skill in the game while the Matchmaking goes off a separate hidden ranking/elo to match you with other players. Not sure if thats confirmed or not, but thats what Ive heard.

Egg.

Smash Journeyman
OK, that is much less worrying. I was concerned that I might have to abstain from single player in order to continue to be matched with players closer to my (low) skill level :p

That being said though I do hope to actually practice and become less bad once Smash 4 is out. I read up on strategies and matchups a lot, it's just that I have trouble actually implementing them into my play. But who knows, it's a new game with plenty of new mechanics to learn, so maybe I'll finally break free from my casualness in time! Maybe.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Well honestly, the best way to get good is to just go out to local events and fests and just play against other good players, you learn way more from playing people than anything else.

gamer8

Smash Lord
Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Who here would like to see a Yoshi virtual pet game? I'd give anything for one myself.

I was considering hacking them in as a custom Norn breed in Creatures, but apparently there's a lot of sprites that need to be captured to do so...

Last edited:

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
That Lick move reminds me of his specials in Fencing and Boxing in the Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games.

Last edited:

ADAPT Chance

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Adaptchance
3DS FC
4613-8804-8708
Was anyone watching Zero's stream earlier? He went against Zudenka, his Yoshi was looking incredible. I can't wait to get my hands on Yoshi.
Yeah it's really enjoyable watching real solid Yoshi play. Watching it made me more hungry to get the full game right now.

Last edited:

Iblistech

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NeosCross
3DS FC
3179-6577-8881
Switch FC
SW-7096-0760-2425
I'll be using the black alt. in addition to the default, blue and light blue.

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
Diverting a bit, somebody ought to make a Yoshi locator thread, I'd be happy to do it myself but I don't wanna hog out on all the threads, but rather give others a chance. @ Sinister Slush Sinister Slush possibly?

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Locator thread as in like gashi's getting friend codes and such or mine from the brawl sub-forum that was a thread locator?
I'll make one tomorrow maybe whenever I wake up I guess, there won't be much content in it since there's only like 3 or 4 threads with actual discussion and cause the game hasn't been out for a week nothing big like DR guide or whatever to add to it yet.

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
Nah just like gashi's to get a list of players, the thread locator probably won't be needed until we're a few months into the game and we've discovered new stuffz.

Is it just me or are there a lot more Yoshies now?
The more the merrier?:) It looks like we might be getting some of our Brawl Yoshi's too, I'm really looking forward to it.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Nah just like gashi's to get a list of players, the thread locator probably won't be needed until we're a few months into the game and we've discovered new stuffz.
Don't see much of a reason for a thread like that. Mostly cause we can just ask for the FC's here instead of make a thread about it.

Though I honestly still don't think I'd enjoy Yoshi dittos in Smash 4 as well.

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
So why'd we even have a Yoshi locator list back in Brawl days then?:laugh:
You don't enjoy the Yoshi ditto though? Well, each to their own I suppose.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
If customization's on, dittos aren't really dittos anymore, are they?

I'm looking forward to giving different individual Yoshies different fighting styles.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
So why'd we even have a Yoshi locator list back in Brawl days then?:laugh:
You don't enjoy the Yoshi ditto though? Well, each to their own I suppose.
Because Gashi felt like making it.
Just cause a thread was made in any sub-forum, that doesn't mean it's immediately important. Infact, the first post made in the brawl locator thread was "Do we even need this?"

If you really want to save peoples friend codes mains whereabouts etc. then just add that in the OP of the social. Game only been out for a week almost, so for now we don't need the thread till we have like 50 or so different people asking for friend codes to play others online, since right now we only have maybe 15 or so Yoshi's that actively post.

Last edited:

gamer8

Smash Lord
Whoa so Mew2king is pretty impressed with Yoshi, he said he sees him being high to top tier in Smash 4. At least as an early impression.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Whoa so Mew2king is pretty impressed with Yoshi, he said he sees him being high to top tier in Smash 4. At least as an early impression.
Mew2King has an opinion on Smash 4 other than bashing it because it's Smash 4? That is news. (Yes, I still hold a grudge over the fact that he called all P:M players "frauds". Why do you ask?)

Last edited:

Scatz

Smash Champion
Playing the entire color cast cause I don't feel like choosing.

On serious terms, Black.

(For OG players) Grandpa Yoshi not gonna be doing anything smash 4 related until WiiU version comes out. So, if I do come to Smash 4, I hope someone can catch me up to everything that was learned over time.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Because Gashi felt like making it.
Just cause a thread was made in any sub-forum, that doesn't mean it's immediately important. Infact, the first post made in the brawl locator thread was "Do we even need this?"

If you really want to save peoples friend codes mains whereabouts etc. then just add that in the OP of the social. Game only been out for a week almost, so for now we don't need the thread till we have like 50 or so different people asking for friend codes to play others online, since right now we only have maybe 15 or so Yoshi's that actively post.
Yeah, its not a super important thread, it was more for people who wanted to know about who is repping the character and where said reps are at. No need for one now, especially with the game not even out and a vast majority of people who havent picked any mains or have character loyalty yet. Making one now would just make 500 people who 'think' theyll play yoshi say to add them and then they never actually play him. If we do actually ever make one for Smash 4, it should take at least like a year or so to let people settle into their character choices and such.

Saturnity

Smash Rookie
Has anyone seen how well Yoshi does against Mac and Bowser? Lots of super armor flying around.

(Yes, I still hold a grudge over the fact that he called all P:M players "frauds". Why do you ask?)
If there's anything being a top Nosgoth player taught me, it's that M2K was kinda right. He just had a really poor choice of words.

Being good in a fresh meta just doesn't hold much weight. No one knows all the details and matchups well enough.

Last edited:
Top Bottom