• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Mains at Pound 4??!?! Down to 2 yoshi mains

D

Deleted member

My pool didnt happen today.
If it did, i was Dqed, because it was the last pool, 6 setups, it was late and i left cuz someone said i could.
Hopefully it didnt happen xD

TheOgbot

Smash Journeyman
This just in, PRiDE drank a lot last night according to Hbox.

PRiDE for Yoshi with the meanest hangover?

PRiDE

Smash Lord
This just in, PRiDE drank a lot last night according to Hbox.

PRiDE for Yoshi with the meanest hangover?
Lmao.. so true. Also got out of first pools. 3rd seed =/ went last hit with lee martin would have got second...faill. also polt is doing really well in his pool and will get out too.

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman
Lmao.. so true. Also got out of first pools. 3rd seed =/ went last hit with lee martin would have got second...faill. also polt is doing really well in his pool and will get out too.
So Polt got 2nd seed. Nice job guys. Keep going! How's Oh. doing?

Oh.

Smash Apprentice
My pool

Delta (lucario) -2:0
Dull Razer (rob) - 1:2
dmbrandon (mk) - 0:2
Sanoscy (mk) - 1:2
Famous (luigi) - 2:0
Wango (jiggs) - 2:0

inui was in my pool but got dq'd. He got replaced by diem then delta was added. Then famous and wango got dq'd for being absent from the pool station

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman
Probably Will, since Chaos Marth had him losing to Polt and no-idea, and Polt said he lost to Boss.

Edit: So Oh., what seed did you get?

PRiDE

Smash Lord
Got my death pool. Fatal is in it... stupid green ace training !!

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman
Courtesy of Chaos Marth:

Polt, Ally, dmbrandon, lou, dapuffster, kirinblaze

Pride, Lingling, Ninjalink, kool-aid, stingers, gimr

PRiDE

Smash Lord
ah well. Lost to stinger and nls robs and then koolaids pit. Pretty close.forfeited other matches... teams tmrw.. all up to polt now.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
My pool

Delta (lucario) -2:0
Dull Razer (rob) - 1:2
dmbrandon (mk) - 0:2
Sanoscy (mk) - 1:2
Famous (luigi) - 2:0
Wango (jiggs) - 2:0

inui was in my pool but got dq'd. He got replaced by diem then delta was added. Then famous and wango got dq'd for being absent from the pool station
That confused me. @_@

Sucks that you got DM in there, he's like, Super Meta Knight. =/

ah well. Lost to stinger and nls robs and then koolaids pit. Pretty close.forfeited other matches... teams tmrw.. all up to polt now.
Pride, noes. D:

Polt's got a pretty tough pool ahead of him.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I had to leave around 4 today because my flight was leaving at 7:20 (and my parents want to be safe).

It was a great tourney! Definitely the best nationaly that I've been to so far (the other two were FG and Winterfest, which were pretty unenjoyable to be honest). Here are some points that I would like to put out:

Doubles
Didn't happen. Unfortunately, my partner never showed up. :(
PRiDE also got 25th in doubles, I believe.

Pools
1st Pool: Boss, me, and NO-IDea
2nd Pool: Ally, Diem, and Dapuffster

I was completely in the zone in the first pool! Only lost against Boss (and it was 1-2), and I 2-0d everyone else. Second pool was not so great, though. In the end, it was either me or Dapuffster making it out, and I messed up against him. Not to mention getting 9'd in the second match right when I was about to up-smash his supposed landing lag. >_<

Boss
...is boss. That's all that needs to be said, really.

Samus
I still have no idea (lol pun) why you guys think it's in her favor. It isn't. Nothing that NO-IDea showed me made me change my viewpoint of the match-up.

TheTantalus
One of the most patient people I've ever met. Seriously, I'm surprised he put up with me and my doubles fiasco as much as he did. What a great guy...

OoS Tournies
They're fun. I should try going to more of them. =D

PRiDE, Oh., and lil b
Great seeing you guys. Too bad we couldn't hang out more. After losing sight of you in that huge crowd it's kind of hard to track you guys (not to mention that I'm terrible at remembering people's faces :laugh:).

bigman40

Smash Master
You did good Polt for having a tougher pool than most imo. One of these days, I'ma come down there and play ya whenever I can get more money. (Or come to HERB 3).

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I doubt I'll be going to HERB 3. I'll most likely be going to APEX 2 for my next OoS tournament if I go to another one. Sorry... :(

EDIT: Actually... I could go to WHOBO 2. I'll need to check up on that...

:069:

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I was nervous. When we played, we knew that it was going to be the match that decided who goes on. I guess he handled the pressure better than I did.

EDIT: Oh, and he didn't use Jigglypuff, in case you were wondering. He used Diddy the first round, and when I counterpicked RC he picked Mr. Game & Watch.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I doubt I'll be going to HERB 3. I'll most likely be going to APEX 2 for my next OoS tournament if I go to another one. Sorry... :(

Huh, I think a couple guys from Alberta may be going to WHOBO 2. Nifty.

Good stuff at Pound though. I remember coming back from my tourney on Saturday and checking a twitter account and seeing you beat Will. I was all like "go Polt!" and then you took it even further and almost made it to the bracket. XD Congrats. =3

:005:

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman
aww good **** Yoshi's, I'm proud of you all :D
Agreed. Good job, guys.

Pools
1st Pool: Boss, me, and NO-IDea
2nd Pool: Ally, Diem, and Dapuffster

I was completely in the zone in the first pool! Only lost against Boss (and it was 1-2), and I 2-0d everyone else. Second pool was not so great, though. In the end, it was either me or Dapuffster making it out, and I messed up against him. Not to mention getting 9'd in the second match right when I was about to up-smash his supposed landing lag. >_<
Yeah, good job getting 2nd seed in the first pool. I had a similar reaction to Firefly when I saw you beat Will; I was quite impressed. As for your second pool, nothing needs to be said for Ally, and, from what I understand, diem decimates Yoshi from tons of PRiDE practice. As for "messing up" against Dapuffster, eh, it happens. You can't win every winnable set.

PRiDE, Oh., and lil b
Great seeing you guys. Too bad we couldn't hang out more. After losing sight of you in that huge crowd it's kind of hard to track you guys (not to mention that I'm terrible at remembering people's faces :laugh:).
Did you ever find PRiDE again? I laughed when I read that twitter post.

Come up for Apex 2. Though August is a long way off, so I can't say for sure, there's a pretty good chance I can make that. Any OoSers coming to Viridian?

Airborne

Smash Lord
The funny thing is is that Will was slightly intimidated of you, Polt, after seeing a match of you on Yoshi's Island. Seems like he had a reason to be. XD Good job, yoshis; we'll do better next time.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I am convinced that polt is amazing now

also I almost JV 4 stocked armada's brother in brawl ROLF. I had 3 stocks and only 34% with yoshi after the 2nd match

I also took m2k down to final stock and last hit first match and then he started nadoing perfectly second match and i couldn't do anything.

Dapuffster is a horrible player I should of beat him 3 match but i made a huge mistake and SDed 2nd stock.

My yoshi is super bad now imo. but I beat the puerto rican yoshi in a ditto lulz I hope he posts vids so you guys can see how he plays. But real talk my yoshi is super bad now.

Oh is getting better too I am pretty sure he has passed my level (which isn't hard) so he is best yoshi in md/va now no doubt.

edit: I saw polt I tried to make small talk but all he said was "hello" IIRC oh well polt is too pro to talk to me, I guess

edit2: llod is ****

edit3: SOVA!

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Good job Polt. Your pool was very hard to make it out of. Diem does, like Silent said, destroy Yoshis. Pride gave him so much practice and he's just so good at being in your face that it's hard to get away and take momentum. I know first hand. D:

Lol @ lil b making small talk. It was too hard for you not to troll, wasn't it? :laugh:

PRiDE

Smash Lord
guys. i had tons of fun in this tourn. but it is just not viable for me to continue using SoYo... i need to have other chars to coutner my bad match ups.. I will continue to use yoshi for diddy, sonic, icy's, wario etc.. but I need new chars for mk, snake, rob, pit. game and watch adn wolf.. i cant keep losing like tihs... i will still try to develop my yoshi some more... but will be more dedicated to a top tier char now.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Good job Polt. Your pool was very hard to make it out of. Diem does, like Silent said, destroy Yoshis. Pride gave him so much practice and he's just so good at being in your face that it's hard to get away and take momentum. I know first hand. D:

Lol @ lil b making small talk. It was too hard for you not to troll, wasn't it? :laugh:
Well I didn't want to "troll" polt I actually wanted to meet him lulz

also snake is definitely my favorite character to play now. Not saying I am any good with him but he is like the only character I have fun using now

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I am convinced that polt is amazing now
Yay!

edit: I saw polt I tried to make small talk but all he said was "hello" IIRC oh well polt is too pro to talk to me, I guess
Sorry about that, I'm a pretty quiet guy most of the time. And I couldn't find you again because I couldn't remember your face very well...

Also, I don't believe your tag had "lil b" on it... :confused:

Oh.

Smash Apprentice
lil b had like 5 tags lmao

Nice meeting you polt...too bad we couldn't play our doubles match

Sadly I agree with what pride said...yoshi vs a good lucario or rob is really depressing

lil b brutus'd me so hard...sigh

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Sorry about that, I'm a pretty quiet guy most of the time. And I couldn't find you again because I couldn't remember your face very well...

Also, I don't believe your tag had "lil b" on it... :confused:

Yeah I didn't have a tag made for me cuz I entered secretly/last minute

so I was wearing "eddy Mexico's" and Boss's tag and other tags I found. Like oh said 5 tags xD

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Sadly I agree with what pride said...yoshi vs a good lucario or rob is really depressing
You know, if I beat Dapuffster I would have fought Junebug instead. I wish I could have gotten some Lucario experience... :(

Yeah I didn't have a tag made for me cuz I entered secretly/last minute

so I was wearing "eddy Mexico's" and Boss's tag and other tags I found. Like oh said 5 tags xD
I was wondering where Boss' tag went. XD

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster

Dapuffster is a horrible player I should of beat him 3 match but i made a huge mistake and SDed 2nd stock.
!
LMFAO. Don't kid yourself. I was leading 127% and you caught me off gaurd with a dumb 0 to death combo that I didn't know how to avoid at first. Horrible players don't make it to the top 48 for nothing unlike you who didn't even make it out of round 1.

Honestly I don't care if your a staff member your just a random nobody 14 year old that can't play this game. Talking behind my back like that was low dude.

Top Bottom