• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Mains at Pound 4??!?! Down to 2 yoshi mains

SOVAman

Smash Hero
**** I missed a lot of post since I logged in last. Oh well I will just reply to the only important post lulz

Heh, guess what happened.

My grandmother passed away on Friday. The funeral is the weekend of Pound 4. I'm not going anymore.

****. So much planning and hype for nothing. I'm so pissed right now.

Good luck all Yoshis still going. Play extra well for me.

I am very sorry to hear that and I know exactly how it feels to lose someone that way. I lost my grandmother on thanksgiving day because she had a stroke and was put on life support. She also had to be taken off the machine. I had to go to a funeral the same week of a tourney I wanted to go to but that did not matter at all. Whether it is pound or some basement tourney don't feel bad about missing it because there is an obvious reason you will not be there. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

and btw, polt, NOIDea is serious biz

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Wow, didn't know it was you who got NO-IDea, I could give you some extra tips if you need em ;) I play this MU frequently, and win it.

@Burnt, NO-IDea is the second best Samus in the USA, I've uploaded his footage and seen him play, he is seriously good.
Yeah, I would like some tips. I should go look at those videos, too.

:069:

Yeah, I would like some tips. I should go look at those videos, too.

He requested I take them down until Pound was over, doesn't want to much competition you see :lick:

Kay so is there anything about the MU your really unsure of or do you just want the whole writeup?

.Marik

is a social misfit
Haha, Burntsocks saying NO IDea sucks and he's one of the best Samus players in the States.

And you guys have it "confirmed" the matchup is 65:35 Samus' favour.

Good luck Yoshi's. You're going to need it.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
Well.. I am kinda new.. 123 pounds of me is missing Lil b lol.

I am gonna make a p4 yoshi update thread when the tourn starts and update you guys on the yoshis progress through it on my phone.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Well.. I am kinda new.. 123 pounds of me is missing Lil b lol.

I am gonna make a p4 yoshi update thread when the tourn starts and update you guys on the yoshis progress through it on my phone.
good stuff cuz i obviously won't update

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
By the way, Car2n, an ex-PT main who changed to pure Yoshi recently, is going to Pound4. I've wanted to say so for a while now, but I always forget...

You guys may or may not see him in the tourney, he got a nasty 7-man pool with M2K, hilt, and an IC mainer.

Airborne

Smash Lord
oh snap, hilt. An alright Oli overall ,and places well at midwest tournaments with people that have REALLY stepped it up in the past few months; knows the MU from me and nicalobe, maybe future, so he basically knows yoshi's common gimmicks. A tough MU, regardless.

And since he's in hilt's pool, that means that Armada's brother, Aniolas is in that pool; not sure if it's that ICs kewkky is talking about or not.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
what sucks is, there will be MORE pools after the first set lol. getting out of those will be super tough.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
He requested I take them down until Pound was over, doesn't want to much competition you see :lick:

Kay so is there anything about the MU your really unsure of or do you just want the whole writeup?
Nah, I can look up the write-up anytime. I just want to know his own little quirks.

LOL the only yoshis going are ones I already meet before

pretty boring
You never met me...

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
oh snap, hilt. An alright Oli overall ,and places well at midwest tournaments with people that have REALLY stepped it up in the past few months; knows the MU from me and nicalobe, maybe future, so he basically knows yoshi's common gimmicks. A tough MU, regardless.

And since he's in hilt's pool, that means that Armada's brother, Aniolas is in that pool; not sure if it's that ICs kewkky is talking about or not.
Yep, he has Hilt and M2K. GrimIce is the IC's that's in his pool, dunno if he's good or not but we're expecting the worst. I don't know if Aniolas is in the same pool as M2K, though... And I thought Aniolas used Snake?

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
By the way, Car2n, an ex-PT main who changed to pure Yoshi recently, is going to Pound4. I've wanted to say so for a while now, but I always forget...

You guys may or may not see him in the tourney, he got a nasty 7-man pool with M2K, hilt, and an IC mainer.
The 7 man pool should shrink to become a 5 man one. I told Tantalus I can't go and he should be sending one of the players in the 7 man to the new 5 man.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Thanks, Delta. ^_^

By the way, I finally got a Tiwtter account. Username is Poltergust3000 (Poltergust was taken :mad:). I'll be posting updates on Pound 4 from there, so follow me if you wish to see them.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I haven't put any videos up since like October. I keep forgetting to record my matches... =(

By the way, why does Boss have like only two recent matches on Youtube? >_<

bigman40

Smash Master
I haven't put any videos up since like October. I keep forgetting to record my matches... =(

If you did save your matches and watched them, you'd be improving a lot faster than now. Recording matches is practically the best way to see your mistakes. Regardless, I'm sure you have improved since October, but with the supposed variety there, it'll be definitely hard for you imo cause you lack enough exp for some of those odd MUs (I'm not gonna get into the bad MUs for yoshi).

hey 08 pride is gonna pull a major upset! lolol
Show me. I always enjoy seeing Yoshis do better than what I say. Shows me that they care. You should also record some of your matches too. It would help your problems too.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I believe in everyone, but from how I see some people play, I have varying thoughts on how far they'll get.
I'm curious as to how far you think I'd make it...

Boss is very good. He's an incredibly solid player, and he's done well in recent tournies around here. Other than that, I haven't really watched him play. =/

hey 08 pride is gonna pull a major upset! lolol
He better. And then he better stay in 08 and come back to NJ and stop placing last.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
nah 10 pride is prepped and rdy. no johns.. going all out.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I am apparently entered into pound now yeayuhz!

i am in pool 22 i saw some of the vids of the peepz in there. I might be able to get out.

I also will go mostly yoshi I haven't used him in awhile so I might as well

Top Bottom