• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

York University Smash - No longer on strike, due to werewolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

tha_carter

Smash Ace
No clue. But they have said they wont be giving ANY refunds.

I thought of taking a refund, and just going to the jan-may course. But you must attend wherever they relocate your class...or lose your money.

idea

Smash Master
so the strike should be ending soon...soonest we could be back, according to york's website, is wednesday the 28th, but ndp is going to argue against the back-to-work legislation so it might be a few more days. according to my dad, they will only be delaying the bill being passed for a little longer, since they don't have any power right now or anything =P.

so are these weekly meetings going to start up again anytime soon? i'm not expecting them to until the winter term starts...everyone will be too busy. but if they do restart earlier, i'll be there =)

(they were on wednesdays before, right?)

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Yeah they were on Wednesdays before, it was so boring staying at home >.>

And I think Osman has the word on when it start mi rite? 0.0

idea

Smash Master
yeah, talk to osman. david and i have nothing to do with running it, we're more like the eye candy.

just out of curiousity..."kirbykaze"?

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
So I heard from my teachers today that the students and teachers and people will be back at York U on Monday first thing in February. Does that mean there'll be weeklys back again on the same week the everyone comes back or will there be like a break or something?

Osman

Smash Apprentice
And I think Osman has the word on when it start mi rite? 0.0
i guess we should just ask osman. it's kind of his thing.
The power...the unimaginable power!

Anyway, power-tripping aside, running the York weeklies has always been a collective effort; I guess I got the ball rolling, but it definitely grew to become an event run by the community. The York nights have gone on so many times when I wasn't there, and they can still go on while I'm not there, because I don't think I'll be showing up this Wednesday, or even the next several Wednesdays; exam week starts February 15th, if I'm not mistaken.

All that aside, if there are enough people who want to get the weeklies restarted as soon as school starts, I will make the necessary edits in the first post and it'll go down. I also think we should put up flyers to expand our player base, organize a tournament in the near future and bring in more TVs so we can have more players in one room.

idea

Smash Master
oh ya

k, i don't think i'll go this wednesday. tuesday i'm busy after school, thursday after school (probably) i'm going to julian's, so i want to be home at some point this week. also i might have work or something. nah, i wouldn't do it anyway. mostly the first thing.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
yeah, talk to osman. david and i have nothing to do with running it, we're more like the eye candy.

just out of curiousity..."kirbykaze"?
And we are amazing eye candy.

Name originates from Kirby + Kamikaze. I decided I liked it at a tournament more than my old name and decided to use it.

It also conveniently meshes with Kage to produce Kazekage and I love Gaara :bee:

If Kyle and Osman aren't bothering to go I'll just see everyone on Thursday then or something :laugh:

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
I can go anytime to York usually after school since all I do at home is playing video games... I would like to come on Wednesday or Thursday :3

idea

Smash Master
And we are amazing eye candy.

Name originates from Kirby + Kamikaze. I decided I liked it at a tournament more than my old name and decided to use it.

It also conveniently meshes with Kage to produce Kazekage and I love Gaara :bee:

If Kyle and Osman aren't bothering to go I'll just see everyone on Thursday then or something :laugh:
actually, i just wanted to see if you search your name. but i guess you were already subscribed here anyway.

I can go anytime to York usually after school since all I do at home is playing video games... I would like to come on Wednesday or Thursday :3
i dunno about brawl, but there won't be many if any melee people there this wednesday from the looks of it...which might discourage the brawl people too, who knows...

and nothing ever happens on thursdays. we're talking about something else entirely =P

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
i dunno about brawl, but there won't be many if any melee people there this wednesday from the looks of it...which might discourage the brawl people too, who knows...

and nothing ever happens on thursdays. we're talking about something else entirely =P
I don't always play Brawl, I just got Melee back in December so I want to face people with my Mewtwo :3 And besides, Melee got more addicting since I saw the Wombo Combo xD

Anyways back to the point, so we won't meet this Wednesday since no one might come? 0.0

idea

Smash Master
doesn't seem like it. i mean, osman, kirbykaze and i probably go the most regularly, and a bunch of the other melee people started coming cause they knew us already (most of them don't even go to york =P).

i intend to go next wednesday, though, unless i have to finish and essay before thursday or something.

Osman

Smash Apprentice
Ok, I updated the first page.

First and foremost, Lanowen, could you change the title of this thread? Make it something creative, I'll leave it up to you :p.

There will not be a competitive Melee room this Wednesday. Reasons cited: school johns. We will be running a room next week though.

I also added a new rule about food and messes in the rooms, please be courteous.

I also put down Santa as a maybe for a TV, because that would be awesome.

Edit: W00T, 200 posts.

idea

Smash Master
^ keep 'york university' in the name somewhere, though.

good update too. i don't remember that post. let the garbage cans continue to be filled with wendy's bags.

JvaN_

Smash Apprentice
Umm this may be a little late, but my friend and I will be setting up Brawl and 64 today. Since we're first-years, the amount of work isn't really too much. I'll probably be there at like 5:15-5:30 and may go at like 7:45 to get to Kendo, lol

idea

Smash Master
i'm in second year, and believe me, i have less work than you =D especially since i have three classes in the fall term. full course load but it still worked out that way. i have classes tuesday-thursday...three on tuesday, two on wednesday, one on thursday. pretty ridiculous.

Osman

Smash Apprentice
That's such a sexual semester, I'm so jealous.

Not quite as sexual as this thread title though, I lol'd hard :laugh:.

idea

Smash Master
i have at least two pictures i could post to go along with that, but i don't feel like uploading them to another website just to do that. i bet between everyone you could find both of them anyway.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Jason! You actually made an account here? 0.0 I didn't know that >.> I hope the Melee people come :3

JvaN_

Smash Apprentice
I'll probably be coming between 5:30-6 or so cause I have an assignment to finish up. I'm pretty sure my friend will be coming as well.

I also got TvC a couple days ago. Really fun game. I'm probably gonna be down for some games.

tha_carter

Smash Ace
ALright, ill come. But remember i only have one classic control, so if you dont bring one, youd use a GC control.

And definitely some 64 games again.

JvaN_

Smash Apprentice
haha actually I'm kind of getting used to the GC controller now. Having only 3 attack buttons + partner makes it too easy.

yeahhhhhh 64 for suree! My friend is probably bringing his N64 today if he's coming, unless you want to play on the Wii, I'm cool either way.

idea

Smash Master
i don't think melee people are coming today, but i'm gonna walk by the area anyway, since it's on the way after my last class.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
So my friend and I are coming, but who will bring their Wii? I'll try and bring mines but I can only stay until 8pm, I'll bring Melee and Brawl :3

idea

Smash Master
yeah, now i'm definitely not coming. i pay little attention in my romanticism class...turns out we have no tutorial today, and that's the only reason i normally stay so late on wednesdays (it starts at 4:30). so i guess these will really start up again once winter term begins.

edit: how much trouble is it to run an official club? cause if it's not much we should make this one official. i bet way more people would come out that way.

jasonhan416

Smash Apprentice
Today Weekly was pretty fun but kind of disopointing. Only 4 or 5 people showed up (excluding me and my friend)

Wang.

Smash Apprentice
edit: how much trouble is it to run an official club? cause if it's not much we should make this one official. i bet way more people would come out that way.
Usually you have to write up some sort of report about how it benefits the students. Submit it to your student council to get approved.. yadda yadda. Too much work.

jasonhan416

Smash Apprentice
my friend said he is going to bring his wii for next Wednesday if the OP doens't come >_>
Hopefully more ppl come

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom