• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

York University Smash - No longer on strike, due to werewolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
I will, I just don't know if anyone will bring their Wii...

Also, Osman, should I bring my copy of Street Fighter?

B_Mak

Smash Cadet
He won't be able to make it...has work and such (just spoke to him, he's on the bus home) but it'd be awesome if you could anyways :p

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy II and III, Jeperdoy (lol don't ask), Breath of Fire, Legend of Zelda a Link to the Past and Street Fighter II Turbo

Yay!? I'll bring two controllers, one of them is less responsive than the other, and idk all the moves for all the Street Fighter characters -.-

I'm leaving at 8 so if you wanna play with my SNES... be a bit quick if anyone wants to play

idea

Smash Master
Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy II and III, Jeperdoy (lol don't ask), Breath of Fire, Legend of Zelda a Link to the Past and Street Fighter II Turbo

Yay!? I'll bring two controllers, one of them is less responsive than the other, and idk all the moves for all the Street Fighter characters -.-

I'm leaving at 8 so if you wanna play with my SNES... be a bit quick if anyone wants to play
didn't occur to me i wouldn't be leaving the melee room, so i never saw you =P but oh well. get donkey kong country 2 =D more fun for that kind of gathering. good choices though. i only played link to the past a little while ago, whereas ff3 and chrono trigger i have assimilated into the core of my being.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
I don't have work next wednesday so I might be able to make it.

If I do come I'll bring my Wii that has DKC, DKC2, Star Fox 64, Street Fighter II, Paper Mario and I'll bring Guilty Gear.

:D

Osman

Smash Apprentice
I want to learn how to play Guilty Gear; I've heard a lot about advanced techniques like False Roman Cancels, it sounds appealing. I also want to play some Soul Calibur IV, if it's brought next Wednesday. ****, I'm so tired, I was up until 3-ish working on a paper. I'm never procrastinating again, if I can help it.

Osman

Smash Apprentice
Force* Roman Cancel.

but, yeah Guilty Gear is really cool but really hard.
I've always heard False, though SRK Wiki tells me that some players believe it's a mistranslation of Force. How does it compare to 3rd Strike in terms of difficulty?

Edit: What make Testament and Eddie top tier characters?

worldjem7

Smash Ace
GG is way super technical. Like Fox to the power of 10. Everything is a LOT faster than 3S and there are elements in it that you have to consider that aren't in 3S.

Testament is really gay because he has a counter move like Marth, he can set web traps and has a move that is guaranteed to hit twice if you get the first hit off. Overall he's just really gay and a good player won't let you even touch him.

Eddie is even gayer because he has the super combo of death doom. Literally you have to block everything perfectly or else you're taking a beating like no tomorrow. Upside to this is that there's a loophole in his combo, he has to use a summon to make it work and it only lasts a little while. After it disappears you can do something.

and it's really "Force" because it's in the manual. I doubt the game makers would make that mistake lol.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Ya GG is more techy than 3s. 3s requires more of a mental game I think. Its simple on the surface, but pretty complicated once you really get into it.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
3S has a good balance of basic tech skill required and mental game but, a smaller and more restricted amount of movement.

Melee's moveset is smaller and simpler but, there is a lot more movement and base tech skill is required as per character and not universally. Ex.: Jiggs vs Fox. Fox is the most technical and Jiggs is the least.

They're both nicely balanced games, just in different ways.

If anyone wants to hit me up on GGPO let me know :D

Osman

Smash Apprentice
Bump for great justice.

Read the first post. You can't miss the edit.

Paul is getting a 360. That's going to be awesome.

B_Mak

Smash Cadet
yeah that's going to SUCK if there's a strike...but I'll gladly volunteer my house if you guys want to have it somewhere. We should totally have a "crew battle" this coming wednesday...or at least get some sort tournament going...w/ or w/o recording.

yeah, turns out I'm ridding myself of my Wii once and for all and getting 360...Street Fighter and MC vs DC >>>>>>>>>>> Brawl.

idea

Smash Master
Melee's moveset is smaller and simpler but, there is a lot more movement and base tech skill is required as per character and not universally. Ex.: Jiggs vs Fox. Fox is the most technical and Jiggs is the least.
my jigglypuff is more technical than my sheik =P

yeah that's going to SUCK if there's a strike...but I'll gladly volunteer my house if you guys want to have it somewhere. We should totally have a "crew battle" this coming wednesday...or at least get some sort tournament going...w/ or w/o recording.

yeah, turns out I'm ridding myself of my Wii once and for all and getting 360...Street Fighter and MC vs DC >>>>>>>>>>> Brawl.
get halo 2 or 3!! i've played halo once, and the other two never. and, cool =) we'll see how the strike turns out. if it lasts a long time i might offer my house at some point too.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
didn't occur to me i wouldn't be leaving the melee room, so i never saw you =P but oh well. get donkey kong country 2 =D more fun for that kind of gathering. good choices though. i only played link to the past a little while ago, whereas ff3 and chrono trigger i have assimilated into the core of my being.
DKC is hard to come by, so is almost any SNES carts -.- Well at least we have VC =D

GG is kewl cause it has the pirate girl <3

idea

Smash Master
oh this reminds me, i found a glitch in dkc2 the other day. i'm sure it's well-known in some even nerdier community than the smash bros one, but i've never heard of it. it probably works either way but is likely easier like this: have diddy throw dixie, and then jump just before you recatch her, and you go about twice as high as you should. i found this in a bonus level on the Slime Climb level in "world" 3...there are a bunch of bugs off to the right, and platforms to keep jumping up on the left. if i hit a bug with dixie and jump with diddy at the right time, i jump up two platforms.

other things...if you're doing a throwing animation, you pass through ropes (like at the beginning of bramble scramble)...and i think if you get shot out of a barrel in air, you don't slow down when you hit water, but keep going as if it were more air. either that or there's some kind of similar glitch near the end of slime climb...there's a barrel at the end that shoots you onto the finish flag thingy, but if you, uh, DI left instead you start falling through the water.

...10char

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Isn't the strike on Thursday now? I heard ut was supposed to be on Tuesday.

Jigglypuff does not approve of strike.

B_Mak

Smash Cadet
for this week, if it wont be decided until thursday, then we might as well go to the university to play...but if by next week, they're on strike then the offer for my house is still up (so I have time to clean things up and such)

idea

Smash Master
nice. if we end up going to your house i can bring a wii + melee + i suppose brawl (it doesn't weigh much =P)

and someone bring an snes if possible. i haven't played snes games on a real controller in a while, except super metroid on a gamecube controller, and it's really hard to hit three buttons at once with your thumb.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
I can probabily bring my SNES, but than I only have one multi player game... Street Fighter 2 Turbo.

So are we gonig to the university or someone's house? And if we're going to someone's house... Address?

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
I'll be coming... but I need to help my friend learn how to play brawl since my school is having a tourney. Also I know of 11 people targeting me since I can 3 stock them... hehe

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
if i remember, i'll play you in brawl then.
hehe, thanks! I need some pratice anyways since I'd likely be gonig up agasint last school year's first place in the first round. Because my friends are evil in pairing me up with hard people -.-

So at the University tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom