• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

York University Smash - No longer on strike, due to werewolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tzunami

Smash Cadet
alright, so it's 6:15 and there's no melee room yet. come one guys =(
Well, in that case, then I'm glad I skipped this week due to a developmental neurobiology test tomorrow.

I'll try to get somoene to bring a wii + melee next week.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Hehe it was really fun =D

But I don't like it when I play for the first time everyday against people, it makes me panic :*(

But it was really fun <3

Osman

Smash Apprentice
Hehe it was really fun =D

But I don't like it when I play for the first time everyday against people, it makes me panic :*(

But it was really fun <3
We're all nice guys, united under the same banner of win and pwn, no need to panic, regardless of when you're playing!

But yeah, today was so sick. Bernard's skill makes my vah-jay-jay wet, I even had fun with Brawl, I'll visit the competitive rooms more often. I am so bringing my SNES next time I come, does anyone have any multiplayer games? I have SF II: WW, I'd love to see some HF.

Edit: I hate the word filter on this site.

tha_carter

Smash Ace
SM-RPG and SF2 are both for the virtual console. No point bringing a snes.
Unless you have Maximum Carnage ^_^

And yesterday was nice, hopefully more people willl be interested in competitive 2v2......Or guilty gear

Osman

Smash Apprentice
SM-RPG and SF2 are both for the virtual console. No point bringing a snes.
Unless you have Maximum Carnage ^_^

And yesterday was nice, hopefully more people willl be interested in competitive 2v2......Or guilty gear
I'm so pissed I missed out on Soul Calibur IV, bring that again.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
Accent Core

But, I want plus so bad lol. Too bad it's only in Japan. It has story mode and return of Justice and Kliff. lol so broken.

Osman

Smash Apprentice
I can't make it this Wednesday, looks like I'll bring my TV next week.

oh...... that's kinda..... depressing.
why have a tues if no one shows up -______-
Well, I didn't start this Smash group at York, I just sort of leeched onto the one that was already active and then created a way cooler Melee group, just so everyone can drift from room to room. They're active both days, but Melee is only available on Wednesdays.

idea

Smash Master
Hey guys,

Pretend I'm not here, K?

Where's York?
SO MANY POSTS!

keele/steeles + jane/finch form the boundaries of york's campus. (yes, that jane and finch, but the crime doesn't seem to transfer over to york =P)

orr...it's a 15-minute bus ride from downsview station.

did any of you guys go to Kyles house this weekend?
no, none of them could make it =( i'm sure osman, paul or julian will eventually though.

B_Mak

Smash Cadet
I promise that I will come to one of them sometime soon....it's just my job right now is SRSLY ****** me (0-death style) and giving me way too many crappy shifts too often..but I'm applying elsewhere so hopefully I'll be out soon. As a side, and important, kind of note:

I AM! coming this wednesday to york, and I'm bringing a gamecube+melee+memory card...so if someone else could do the same, that'd be superwickedawesome.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Alright...then I guess Paul and I are going to have to go team DOUBLE FALCON.

YAAAA ALRIGHT!!!

I'm coming this Wednesday too. :) Is Julian coming?

Osman

Smash Apprentice
Osman and I have to continue our Team Party Animals streak. :D
Our win streak punctuated by a lot of losses, but underscored by our sheer sexiness and party animal...ness. Easily the greatest team to ever have lived, too deadly. WE MUST RECORD MATCHES NEXT TIME SOMEHOW.

I can't make it this Wednesday :(. I will be training my Luigi though throughout the week, that night inspired me to keep playing as him. Chances are I'll make York Smash night a bi-weekly thing, depends on my workload; it also depends on whether or not this TA strike is going down, it's a really dirty business at this point in time. It's projected to last 4 - 5 weeks, which sucks @$$.

idea

Smash Master
Our win streak punctuated by a lot of losses, but underscored by our sheer sexiness and party animal...ness. Easily the greatest team to ever have lived, too deadly. WE MUST RECORD MATCHES NEXT TIME SOMEHOW.

I can't make it this Wednesday :(. I will be training my Luigi though throughout the week, that night inspired me to keep playing as him. Chances are I'll make York Smash night a bi-weekly thing, depends on my workload; it also depends on whether or not this TA strike is going down, it's a really dirty business at this point in time. It's projected to last 4 - 5 weeks, which sucks @$$.
but your team has nothing on Team Includes-a-Ganon. HRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAA (down air)

luigi's so fun. i was playing him a bit on saturday vs. wang. if i haven't mentioned it yet, watch pakman's combo video "oh girl"

B_Mak

Smash Cadet
the first combo video to truly make me go "OHHHHHHHHHH ****!!!!!".....**** impressive. As for Julian, I spoke to him earlier today and he said he'd be down for coming again this wednesday...hopefully he gets his arse back on the boards and gives the go for himself. Team-Falcon would be sweet though :)

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
hey Im at SWC high school and Guidance has been prompting my to appy for York University, im going into formal writing for first year. So is the university nice (well im checking it out later), do they have a smash community, and what marks are need to enter the field of writing (if possible, guidance hasn't told me much....)

im going to visit York later in the year. I can't make it for November 11 cause of only in niagara 2 :(

idea

Smash Master
hey Im at SWC high school and Guidance has been prompting my to appy for York University, im going into formal writing for first year. So is the university nice (well im checking it out later), do they have a smash community, and what marks are need to enter the field of writing (if possible, guidance hasn't told me much....)

im going to visit York later in the year. I can't make it for November 11 cause of only in niagara 2 :(
i didn't know anyone listened to guidance =P

as far as i can tell you don't need excellent marks to get into anything at york that's not a hard (as opposed to soft) science. so that would include formal writing. of course, if you DO have good marks, they throw money at you. i spent most of grade 12 taking the easiest/most fun courses i could find, since for my major (english, so it's probably similar for you) i only had 2 or 3 courses whose marks i had to submit, and then a bunch of optional ones. soo...if formal writing is a 'normal' program, you'd be fine with an average above 80, most likely fine with one above 70, maybe even okay with something in the 60s. but don't quote me on that. (by average, i mean your six highest grade 12 level marks, including the ones they require, such as English)

and as for york itself...the campus is nice. lots of greenery. not as nice in winter =P especially since the animals don't come out as often when it's so cold out. the people seem to be nice too. i wouldn't say york has its own smash community, but it has a few people who meet on wednesdays, and you could always start going to things people host on weekends.

brawl or melee, by the way?

tl;dr - come2york4smash+school

B_Mak

Smash Cadet
*crosses fingers for melee*...but on a side note, I've been wondering...

anyone have pump up music for ssbm? or if they had to choose music for their own "combo video" (though it's not really cool anymore) what would it be?

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
*crosses fingers for melee*...but on a side note, I've been wondering...

anyone have pump up music for ssbm? or if they had to choose music for their own "combo video" (though it's not really cool anymore) what would it be?
I would choose a Ompa Loompa remix or this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxUbaRk34RE

And doesn't York have the business school that's like really good or something? I'm taking business anyways so it's pretty good to have a University near where I live hehe

JvaN_

Smash Apprentice
And doesn't York have the business school that's like really good or something? I'm taking business anyways so it's pretty good to have a University near where I live hehe
Schulich? Yeah, it's a really good business school - probably the best in the nation. The problem is actually getting in; you'd need at least a 90 average, and I think that there's an essay involved on why you should be in Schulich. I could've been in Schulich, but I wasn't 100% set on business.. and I hate writing essays loll

If you can't make it into Schulich, York still has Atkinson for business, but I heard that the Faculty of Arts is merging with Atkinson next year.. not that it'll mean much, anyway.

Anyway, I'm down for tomorrow.

idea

Smash Master
ah, right, i'll probably be going. my last class is in an adjoined college, so why not? i'd like to leave a bit early though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom