• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

York University Smash - No longer on strike, due to werewolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

idea

Smash Master
lol, they don't sound like they take seeding very seriously =P

how will i know who you are anyway? (i'm the white guy who kind of needs a haircut...and looks like he's 12)

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
I'm a short person in a black sweater/jacket, like 2/3 of a house door short xD

My school/tourney organizers has never heard of counterpicking, and one of the tourney organizers are my friends.... ebil friends.... This is where MK comes in handy xD

JvaN_

Smash Apprentice
Ahhh the possibly upcoming strike... I honestly don't mind the strike, but if they strike for more than 2-3 weeks, I'd say there goes my winter vacation. I only want the strike to happen 'cause I have to catch up on my reading hahahaha

Anyways, I'm down for tomorrow.. I want to bring my Brawl A-game all the time, but I come here right after my lecture, and I'm tired lol

/john

unknown522

Some guy
oh this reminds me, i found a glitch in dkc2 the other day. i'm sure it's well-known in some even nerdier community than the smash bros one, but i've never heard of it. it probably works either way but is likely easier like this: have diddy throw dixie, and then jump just before you recatch her, and you go about twice as high as you should. i found this in a bonus level on the Slime Climb level in "world" 3...there are a bunch of bugs off to the right, and platforms to keep jumping up on the left. if i hit a bug with dixie and jump with diddy at the right time, i jump up two platforms.

other things...if you're doing a throwing animation, you pass through ropes (like at the beginning of bramble scramble)...and i think if you get shot out of a barrel in air, you don't slow down when you hit water, but keep going as if it were more air. either that or there's some kind of similar glitch near the end of slime climb...there's a barrel at the end that shoots you onto the finish flag thingy, but if you, uh, DI left instead you start falling through the water.

...10char
yeah, I knew about those already

Ahhh the possibly upcoming strike... I honestly don't mind the strike, but if they strike for more than 2-3 weeks, I'd say there goes my winter vacation. I only want the strike to happen 'cause I have to catch up on my reading hahahaha

Anyways, I'm down for tomorrow.. I want to bring my Brawl A-game all the time, but I come here right after my lecture, and I'm tired lol

/john

B_Mak

Smash Cadet
jea i'm down for tmrwz....university it is, i guess......founders, same place, probably same rooms....if someone's there early, grab a room...they're starting to lock the rooms after classes leave.

idea

Smash Master
yeah, I knew about those already

yeah, thought so. still cool to find stuff on your own though =) i think i found one or two things in super metroid too. if not actual glitches then just fast/faster ways of doing something.

alright you scrubs. Its mini tournament time.
we could have a tourney where the prize is dinner, and everyone pitches in a certain amount (less for 2nd place)...

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
I won't be able to bring my SNES :*( I won't be able to go to my house after my school ends and it's way to bulky to carry it to school...

The only thing I can bring are the cartriages and controllers if someone else brings their SNES

tha_carter

Smash Ace
Yea, i should probably take the games more seriously today.

And there needs to be more people that wanna do some 2v2.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
alright you scrubs. Its mini tournament time.
we could have a tourney where the prize is dinner, and everyone pitches in a certain amount (less for 2nd place)...
but I'm so down for a mini tournament. and perhaps mini crew battle? ;)
Pop-Can Tourney II: York U Edition. :D:pikachu::laugh:

Let's use tournament mode.
YEAH!!! IN JAPANESE!!! WITHOUT ERIC'S HELP!!!! :bee: we're so pro...

lol you guys would probably end up doing 5 stocks 2 mins on rainbow cruise only with handicaps. lol <3 Paul.

But, yeah, that sounds awesome if we can do that. I'll bring my camera, Wii+GG+SNES games on it + Melee and maybe cube if I can fit it all in there. I might be able to too, I'm really good at Tetris :D

edit: lol I have Police posts.

idea

Smash Master
oh, justnoone - i'll also be wearing a led zeppelin hoodie. i realized that otherwise david probably would have fit my description too.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
to spot kyle just look for a guy who looks like he's 15, likes old rock, and is just extremely chill.

usually wears pink floyd t-shirts or led zeppelin apparel.

idea

Smash Master
Would it be alright if I came at 2-230?
people will probably still be in class by then. you could sit it on some...tutorials...=P come at regular time. like 4:30 or 5ish.

to spot kyle just look for a guy who looks like he's 15, likes old rock, and is just extremely chill.

usually wears pink floyd t-shirts or led zeppelin apparel.
i don't even like led zeppelin that much. they're probably not in my top 10 favourite bands...i just never bother to buy more clothes.

Osman

Smash Apprentice
They're voting on the strike today at 4 o'clock. I have a paper due tomorrow, but if the strike hits, I get an extra week to do it, so I'm praying for the deals between the TAs and the administration to fall through. If the strike lasts for more than 2.5 weeks, everyone in a 3 credit course has to repeat it. That ****ing blows. All of my courses are full year though.

JustNoOne, I'll play you in Hyper Fighting, I love that game to death. I can bring my SNES at the next Smash meeting, I also have Donkey Kong Country and SF II: World Warrior. I'm going to be l33t and bring my SNES arcade stick too.

idea

Smash Master
They're voting on the strike today at 4 o'clock. I have a paper due tomorrow, but if the strike hits, I get an extra week to do it, so I'm praying for the deals between the TAs and the administration to fall through. If the strike lasts for more than 2.5 weeks, everyone in a 3 credit course has to repeat it. That ****ing blows. All of my courses are full year though.

JustNoOne, I'll play you in Hyper Fighting, I love that game to death. I can bring my SNES at the next Smash meeting, I also have Donkey Kong Country and SF II: World Warrior. I'm going to be l33t and bring my SNES arcade stick too.
WHOA, really? are you sure about the 3-credits-course thing? good thing i like my philosophy course <_<

B_Mak

Smash Cadet
yo esse's....i'm leaving in like..15-20 so i should be there a bit before 4 o'clock. should i bring teh cube and stuff or is someone else?

idea

Smash Master
^ bring stuff anyway, we don't know who's bringing what. that's the general rule actually - when in doubt, bring cube and melee (and tv if applicable)

idea

Smash Master
...paul?

i never did get to play justnoone =P i had a feeling. it's cause the brawl rooms have too many people, i didn't wanna stop all of them to have some 1-on-1s.

idea

Smash Master
ideally your class should have told you what they're doing =P at the worst, you just have it on the day you come back. if your professor/TAs are nice they'll let you hand it in late (since as far as i know, in classes with TAs, the TAs mark everything)

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Anyways yeah... Sorry Idea, mabye next time? Also, when will the strike end and if the strike doesn't stop, where's the next meeting?

Cipher

Smash Journeyman
To KirbyKaze, your math test will be moved until the strike is over, so your best bet is to keep studying for it and wait for the strike to be over.

Will anyone show up next Wednesday/Tuesday?

This strike has me pissed off, seriously, it didn't have to come to this, if this strike lasts a long time, you can say good bye to reading week and summer vacation.

Osman

Smash Apprentice
Updated the first post. For anyone too lazy to check, Smash is postponed until the strike breaks. I've been told it will last anywhere between a week to a month, but no more than a month, so take some comfort in that. I'm still not sure if 3 credit courses have to be retaken if the strike extends for more than 2 or 3 weeks, I think that was just hype.

Until then, we need lots of events and stuff.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
I heard some guy and girl had sex on the dance floor during the halloween party last thursday.

lol I was talking to my friend today about york and she told me. Can anyone confirm this? Sounds too farfetched.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
I dunno man, after hearing about the Hentai room from Tameka I don't think anything's too farfetched anymore.

idea

Smash Master
I heard some guy and girl had sex on the dance floor during the halloween party last thursday.

lol I was talking to my friend today about york and she told me. Can anyone confirm this? Sounds too farfetched.
i remember hearing about this happening a few weeks ago/last year at some other party. doesn't seem too unreasonable. i'm pretty sure university students try to get as drunk as possible at these things.

I'm going to anime north this year FOR SURE.
LOL me too...although i'm pretty sure we'd all feel uncomfortable hanging around the hentai booth together <_< or, y'know, at all.

tha_carter

Smash Ace
Resurrected from the dead!

just wanted to give any York go-ers the best resource for updates on the strike. Its not looking good. My three credit course was just re-located to the summer... which sucks.

but heres the site with day-to day updates.

http://yorkstrike2008.wordpress.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom