• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

York University Smash - No longer on strike, due to werewolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

PR3Y11

Smash Journeyman
yesterday was pretty fun...... especially when ryan was stalking those girls XD
i'm gona try and come out more

edit: wtf is shawmen king >_>

Osman

Smash Apprentice
Those were some sexy games on Wednesday, lots of fun. The "competitive Brawl" room was pretty weak though. I can start bringing my PS2 on Wednesdays as well, and maybe my 360 if I send it in for repairs/replacement. I have Soul Calibur 3, Tekken 5, Neo Geo Battle Coliseum and Capcom Fighting Evolution (most broken game in history). I will also be picking up the Street Fighter Anniversary Collection. I have Soul Calibur 4 for my 360, but it was inside the Xbox when a ****load of water got spilled on it, so it's probably messed up. What happens to CDs when they get wet?

Anyway, I was told that Bethune College wants to challenge Founders to a Smash tournament, though it's uncertain whether they play Melee or Brawl; either way, they'll get **** slapped if we unleash Bernard, Ryan, David or Kyle...I'll see if they want to have money matches, so you guys can get paid/rob them. We need to follow through with our plans to have a legitimate tournament; I'll keep my eyes open for cheap TVs at garage sales as well, so all of us can play in one room.

I can only stay until 5:30 this coming Wednesday, I'm going to a concert for my birthday. Paul, you can still bring my Gamecube if you want, I'll find a way to get it to you over the weekend.

MDK00

Smash Ace
I can start bringing my PS2 on Wednesdays as well, and maybe my 360 if I send it in for repairs/replacement. I have Soul Calibur 3, Tekken 5, Neo Geo Battle Coliseum and Capcom Fighting Evolution (most broken game in history).
i will money match anyone in the bolded games.

just a fact tho, CFE isnt broken its just terribly unbalanced.

if some1 brings sc4 i will come to this ever d@mn week. word

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Osman bring your ps2. I can bring my stick and play 3s. Charles has a ps2 with cvs2 and the SF anniversary with 3s on it. Ryan has MvC2.

Lol Bethune college.

More like be-LOSER college.

;)

B_Mak

Smash Cadet
hahah!!! that'd be sweet..of course I suck *** at ps2/3 games but it'd be fun to watch....and yeah, I'm going to be gone most of the weekend but if you wanna come by and drop it off then it'll be np bringing it up....or i can just bring my OWN GC...or we can bring both?

Major props on the "Be-LOSER college" comment...i lol'd.

Cipher

Smash Journeyman
I can tell you that I've only seen Bethune play Brawl.

And it won't really be fair, if Non York Students challenge Bethune students, it should be a true college to college rival.

If you do have a college to college tournament, I'll be on my college's team, and that's Bethune.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Anyway, I was told that Bethune College wants to challenge Founders to a Smash tournament, though it's uncertain whether they play Melee or Brawl; either way, they'll get **** slapped if we unleash Bernard, Ryan, David or Kyle...I'll see if they want to have money matches, so you guys can get paid/rob them. We need to follow through with our plans to have a legitimate tournament; I'll keep my eyes open for cheap TVs at garage sales as well, so all of us can play in one room.
i'd **** Bethune college.

idea

Smash Master
Those were some sexy games on Wednesday, lots of fun. The "competitive Brawl" room was pretty weak though. I can start bringing my PS2 on Wednesdays as well, and maybe my 360 if I send it in for repairs/replacement. I have Soul Calibur 3, Tekken 5, Neo Geo Battle Coliseum and Capcom Fighting Evolution (most broken game in history). I will also be picking up the Street Fighter Anniversary Collection. I have Soul Calibur 4 for my 360, but it was inside the Xbox when a ****load of water got spilled on it, so it's probably messed up. What happens to CDs when they get wet?

I can only stay until 5:30 this coming Wednesday, I'm going to a concert for my birthday. Paul, you can still bring my Gamecube if you want, I'll find a way to get it to you over the weekend.
you know what, i might actually be affiliated with Founders now =P do they cover philosophy? english is definitely Stong though (for david).

as far as i know cds are fine when they get wet. just dry them off, obviously. not sure though.

Tzunami

Smash Cadet
Hey Kyle, are you there every week? I might go this wednesday or next wednesday. I'm tired of having school own me >___<.

btw, I was away all summer and my courses this year have been really intense, and I moved, so I no long have space at my place to host stuff.

idea

Smash Master
Hey Kyle, are you there every week? I might go this wednesday or next wednesday. I'm tired of having school own me >___<.

btw, I was away all summer and my courses this year have been really intense, and I moved, so I no long have space at my place to host stuff.
almost every week, probably not this one. hi =)

Anth0ny goes to York?

Are we good for tomorrow?
if i can finish these essays i will be good for tomorrow
yeah, not sure if i'm going tomorrow. most likely not. i don't feel the need to add any more smash to this week. my eyes and thumbs will be tired enough after almost 5 straight days of it.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
so im getting off school early tomorrow.

and im having thoughts of reaching this.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Anth0ny goes to York?

Are we good for tomorrow?
Nope, I'm still in high school XD. But my parents did. So I have respect for it :)

And college vs. college tournaments are just win.

Idea, is stuff still happening even if you don't show up tomorrow? Cuz I'm definitely down for tomorrow.

idea

Smash Master
Nope, I'm still in high school XD. But my parents did. So I have respect for it :)

And college vs. college tournaments are just win.

Idea, is stuff still happening even if you don't show up tomorrow? Cuz I'm definitely down for tomorrow.
=D yes, it does go on without me. i don't run it or anything =P that's...i think osman technically runs it. osman, are you the one actually running the club? i can't remember. i'm just the adorable jigglypuff (player).

I can't make it.
yeah, now ryan and bernard are gonna cancel too...just go next week =P

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I'm really only interested in getting some Brawl practice...so is there always a competitive Brawl station set up? Or may I have to risk playing FFAs with the casuals?

idea

Smash Master
I'm really only interested in getting some Brawl practice...so is there always a competitive Brawl station set up? Or may I have to risk playing FFAs with the casuals?
the second one. there will be time for 1 on 1s but there usually aren't enough setups to satisfy people without doing a bunch of FFAs. items are off though X_X

Osman

Smash Apprentice
There was only a "competitive Brawl" room last week, I wouldn't count on getting some real practice done unless you supply your own hardware.

I won't be coming tomorrow (technically today I suppose), but I'm game for next week; I'll bring my PS2, with all of the games I mentioned but I'm so trash at all of them, I won't even bother playing, at least not until I find a serviceable arcade stick. I'd really love to see some serious 3S competition though, I've always wanted to step up my game. Could someone teach me the basics of charge partitioning and charge characters in general? I've only ever played the shotos in every Street Fighter game, due in part to my man crush on Ryu and being handicapped when it comes to charge specials.

idea

Smash Master
oh yeah, Anthony, the thing is that there are lots of tvs free, but only one tv per room (they're kind of bolted down, but most of the rooms in that college are empty by the time the club starts) so if you bring your wii and brawl you should be fine setting up a competitive brawl room. you'd just have to refuse FFAs for anyone who wants them =P

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Kyle and I are going to Kansas this Thursday till Monday for smash...

I don't think i need any more smash in my week so I'll see you guys at the next one.

Osman: The only character I play that uses charge partitioning is Alex, and I don't even use his charge moves that much. :)

I main Ken and use Yun/Makoto/Dudley... I've dabbled with every other character.

Chun is broken.

*runs*

tha_carter

Smash Ace
The issue is TVs. There's lot of people that want to play 1v1 smash, and many people bring wii's, but nobody wants to play in 3-4 different rooms.

There are tv's on wheel's on the first floor, someone should check if we can use those too.

Osman

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to keep my eyes open for cheap TVs at garage sales; I can keep it at a friend's residence until we need it so we can jam at least 8 people in one room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom