• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

York University Smash - No longer on strike, due to werewolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

idea

Smash Master
yea i was thinking parking at the staples across the street.... $10 is a little much for parking.... but i'll see if i feel like walking that day XD

count me in for this wed.... are you guys all covered for set ups? i can bring a wii w/ brawl/melee if need be, but no tv
and if anyone wants to play smash 64 i've got it on my wii too
osman usually brings melee, someone else brings brawl...okay, DEFINITELY bring your wii cause i really want to play smash 64 with a good controller =D haven't seen you in a while, by the way. did you say you don't go to york anymore?

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Osman...

I was at pmall today and they've run out of arcade pads. The one I have I got from there...and I don't think I can get another one unless I go on ebay.

I think I'm going to hold onto mine until I'm sure I can find another one.

PR3Y11

Smash Journeyman
osman usually brings melee, someone else brings brawl...okay, DEFINITELY bring your wii cause i really want to play smash 64 with a good controller =D haven't seen you in a while, by the way. did you say you don't go to york anymore?
yea i'm not in school right now, just working and saving up money to start my video game design program downtown =] and sure thing i'll bring my wii, see you wed

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Will anyone be at York today Tuesday? I'm planning on coming =D

I want to get a social life -.-

tha_carter

Smash Ace
^FYI, playing videogames in a small room with all men, isnt the best way to get a social life:laugh:

Are you guys gonna be there on wednesday? If so I'm gonna show up with my buddy.
Yea, ill be there wednesday. Its overall, the better day to come.

But there seems to be a bigger turnout everyweek, if someone is willing to bring a wii...
id suggest doing so. One wii just wont cut it.

idea

Smash Master
yeah, come wednesday, way more people that day. plus more smash games overall...last tuesday i went to was only brawl, and while that's still fun, brawl FFAs really don't do it for me =P

and i disagree, smash is a good social life generator =) my smash friends more than make up for my overall lack of york friends.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
I have no social life xD

Brawl gave me 5 new friends in the past month...

Well waiting one day isn't bad at all, and thankfully I can just take 10 mins to get to York U. And it's a pretty good spot considering my parents are worried where I go.

How much people come anyways in numbers? Tuesdays and Wednesday

idea

Smash Master
I have no social life xD

Brawl gave me 5 new friends in the past month...

Well waiting one day isn't bad at all, and thankfully I can just take 10 mins to get to York U. And it's a pretty good spot considering my parents are worried where I go.

How much people come anyways in numbers? Tuesdays and Wednesday
york is at jane and finch...that intersection they always say someone got shot at on the news =P

10 minutes...heh and i have to bus here from vic park station every day. that's about 1 hour 15 minutes one way X_X

in numbers...i dunno, 10? more like 15 if ryan/bernard/someone else they told come. i mostly stay in the melee room so it's hard to tell.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
The Jane and Finch area is funny, almost everyone that lives in the Jane and Finch are either smart or ********... It's not as messed as people think.

But last time there was a shooting was like in summer break...

1 hour 15 mins? I got it easy than =D

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
expect me to be in York in two years ****** doubles with Kyle.

also i would come to this if i have tuesdays or wednesdays off for school.

Osman

Smash Apprentice
Osman...

I was at pmall today and they've run out of arcade pads. The one I have I got from there...and I don't think I can get another one unless I go on ebay.

I think I'm going to hold onto mine until I'm sure I can find another one.
No worries man, I totally understand; hit me back when you sort everything out, we can work something out then. Best of luck, by the way.

Anyway, Paul and I will be there on Wednesday, Paul is bringing one of his old Melee friends as well, so it should be good. I'm excited to meet all the people I'm seeing post for the first time in this thread, you can never have too many competitive Smashers. You'll have to pardon me if I'm bad with names, I may forget some of the people I met two weeks ago.

And Prey, definitely try and bring that Wii with Smash 64, that would just be incredible.

This Wednesday promises to be the best yet, it seems they're getting progressively more awesome.

Edit: It seems that competitive Melee will start at 4:30 from here on in, though we may come across some problems. There was only one room open at that time, all the others had classes running, so I hope that room will still be available. I imagine we should be quiet as well, seeing as there are at least 5 tutorials going on around us, and it would suck to get kicked out. Other rooms free up after 5:30-ish.

idea

Smash Master
expect me to be in York in two years ****** doubles with Kyle.

also i would come to this if i have tuesdays or wednesdays off for school.
just come on wednesday, tuesday seems to be just for brawl due to far fewer people (that's my impression at least. besides bernard and ryan will only come on wednesdays =P)

Anyway, Paul and I will be there on Wednesday, Paul is bringing one of his old Melee friends as well, so it should be good. I'm excited to meet all the people I'm seeing post for the first time in this thread, you can never have too many competitive Smashers. You'll have to pardon me if I'm bad with names, I may forget some of the people I met two weeks ago.

And Prey, definitely try and bring that Wii with Smash 64, that would just be incredible.

Edit: It seems that competitive Melee will start at 4:30 from here on in, though we may come across some problems. There was only one room open at that time, all the others had classes running, so I hope that room will still be available. I imagine we should be quiet as well, seeing as there are at least 5 tutorials going on around us, and it would suck to get kicked out. Other rooms free up after 5:30-ish.
- most of the new posters will be going only for brawl...i can pretty much guarantee it =P prove me wrong guys.

- i'll still come around 6, just cause i'm in class till that time on wednesdays.

PR3Y11

Smash Journeyman
just come on wednesday, tuesday seems to be just for brawl due to far fewer people (that's my impression at least. besides bernard and ryan will only come on wednesdays =P)

- most of the new posters will be going only for brawl...i can pretty much guarantee it =P prove me wrong guys.

- i'll still come around 6, just cause i'm in class till that time on wednesdays.
lol i'm coming for both, and i'm sure charles will be playing both games as well

B_Mak

Smash Cadet
tonight was awesomeness...and i have an account that i forgot about! WIN! (this is Paul btw...brown guy with brown hat who scrubs out with marth)

B_Mak

Smash Cadet
turns out I made this account a while back when i pretty much gave up on melee....so....good thing it didn't get deleted! and 3P was for the lulz.

B_Mak

Smash Cadet
yeah hopefully! and I don't have a meta knight avatar either so that always helps.....but yeah....3P will be like..my ALT tag...in case....something happens? haha as for tourneys, I'm no where near good enough right now so....it's practice time i guess haha

B_Mak

Smash Cadet
lmao "don't go marth".......k, someone needs to have a sit down with me....play a few rounds....and tell me who I can be....cause so far, I've gotten a lot of "Don't be ______" from people.....and it's started to sound like a "don't play." hahah yeah my D.I. sucks.....+teching in the same spot OVER AND OVER doesn't help much either....again, practice = now.

idea

Smash Master
yeah hopefully! and I don't have a meta knight avatar either so that always helps.....but yeah....3P will be like..my ALT tag...in case....something happens? haha as for tourneys, I'm no where near good enough right now so....it's practice time i guess haha
the point of playing in tourneys is not to win =P no one wins them except for 3 or 4 people in the gta (has imadh ever come first?). but we have casual smashfests all the time, and those are just as good for improving.

B_Mak

Smash Cadet
haha it's...hard to tell the difference when someone tells you " Free Entry " or " *** **** "....both sound like forceful sexual gestures.

idea

Smash Master
play who you feel most comfortable with. for most people this is a high tier character since they're the best...for me it was jigglypuff for some reason. seems to have worked out =)

but if you stick with marth chances are it'll be easier for you (than, say, for me) to pick up sheik and maybe falcon or fox.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Kyle, is their women involved in this.

if their is gogogo bring them to the tourneys lmfao.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
It was so fun =D

But sadly there's a lot of people that are older than me so it was pretty awkward...

idea

Smash Master
Kyle, is their women involved in this.

if their is gogogo bring them to the tourneys lmfao.
no, girls just hang around at york (and get stalked by ryan <_<), they don't go to smash events. except there might have been one in the brawl room once.

It was so fun =D

But sadly there's a lot of people that are older than me so it was pretty awkward...
i don't think i met you. there are people in the smash community who are like 14-16, you know.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
It was so fun =D

im 15 and i love to **** innocent smashers.
no, girls just hang around at york (and get stalked by ryan <_<), they don't go to smash events. except there might have been one in the brawl room once.

i don't think i met you. there are people in the smash community who are like 14-16, you know.
I shall jion Ryan when I make it out.

looks like Brawl is only good for girls.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
I'm the shy guy that just sits around and play =D

I love to **** too xD

People go around at 14 year old and smash? Wow, I can never depick that in my head honestly... This is what I get for not going out too often :*(

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
I'm the shy guy that just sits around and play =D

I love to **** too xD

People go around at 14 year old and smash? Wow, I can never depick that in my head honestly... This is what I get for not going out too often :*(
ive been going out when i was 14 but not all the time though. But now i go out and smash like every weekend.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
I'm too much of a nerd since I stay inside and study :*(

I'm too closed minded... I need to get out more =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom