• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

York University Smash - No longer on strike, due to werewolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Errr, I'm a smash player that focuses mainly on Melee, but I do play Brawl sometimes too if people want to play. =/ My university schedule doesn't really allow me to travel to York. Maybe Tuesdays though. =/ You play Brawl, right?
I'm in the same situation. No Brawl for me though. Only Melee, Brawl+, and/or ssb64. Where do you go to school?

Akariss

Smash Ace
NNID
Akariss
3DS FC
4785-4779-5306
let's hope nothing comes up/work gets done. I have a few people that might ninja me from going to this. I'll keep it posted here thou..

Rikana

Smash Champion
I might be able to come next week.. no idea. What time do you guys normally play now? I finish a few courses this week that leaves me free next wednesday starting at 5/5:30 pm. I'll probably be at yorkU by.. 6:30 or 7? And what time do you guys normally leave now? Until the caretakers kick you out?

I'm debating on bringing my wii for melee/brawl+ 'cause I don't wanna bring it to school. lol

Who's going next week for brawl+ or melee? I'm not gonna expect much as its midterms/finals for quite a bit of people but hoping I can get some smash done.. especially melee since I've been craving for some melee like a biatch.

idea

Smash Master
kind of depends who you ask. melee people tend to leave when we get kicked out.

not sure if i'm going...basically depends on whether david or mike are =P well actually, i'll stop by, but if both of them aren't going then i won't bring a cube. it's too heavy to bother with if there's gonna be almost no one there. but i'll probably stop by with a controller either way.

Mr. TD

Smash Journeyman
Meh, the troll wasn't even there this week so it clearly wasn't a good Wednesday for brawling at York. Probably won't make it next week either BUT depends if I can lose another 3 pounds by tuesday.

tha_carter

Smash Ace
2 pounds a week is a good/ safe way to lose weight. And keep it off. Losing 3 in the next couple days wouldnt be a good thing. Unless its just water wieght...

Come one people, come out, these are the only times i can play and practice.

Gichan

Smash Champion
I'll come Carter, sorry about last week homeboys. But I may not stay the four hours casue it i a 2 hr special of TUF, lol.

And yo troll, why the weight? You got a fight scheduled?

.decoy

Smash Ace
It's " My friend and I " not me and my friend.
"she and i went to the movies" is correct because you (the I) is the subject.
you are going to the movies.
that's what everyone was taught, right?
i hope so.

however -
"no one came other than me and my friend" is Also correct.
it is not always appropriate to use "my friend and I", even though most are taught that as children.

in the aforementioned sentence, "than" is a preposition and the people referred to after it are objects related to said preposition.

"I" is a subject pronoun, but the subject of the sentence is "no one" not "me and my friend". you do not use a subject pronoun for an object.

needles to say, it is therefore appropriate to use an object pronoun "me" in this case.

for those interested, there are two easy ways to tell if you should use a subject or object pronoun. one is to decide whether the noun in question is a subject or an object. in this case it is an object. it is not doing anything. "there was nothing there except an apple". the apple is an object, the same way "me and my friend" are objects. the second way (this is the easy one!) is to read the sentence with just "me", then with just "I".

"no one came except I."
"no one came except me."

as you can see, using "I" is not only incorrect, it sounds pretty awful.

Rikana

Smash Champion
anyone going for melee? come so i can play some video games after a day of 2 essays and 2 midterms =P
I'm planning to come if there are enough melee players coming as well. I'm also willing to play Brawl+.

Gichan

Smash Champion
that was pretty interesting decoy, you always have interesting posts.

but just in case; "I went to the movies" is appropriate because "I" is the subject.
"No one went to the movies except for me" uses an object pronoun because movies is the subject.

?

And joe, Troll>you in a fight, lol. You gotta distract him with your sexiness, should always work.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
nah yo!!!!!!ive been watching bus rutten videos

STAB HIM IN THE LIVERR

me,doc,gi,carter,tin,idea anyone im missing>

tha_carter

Smash Ace
LOL idea, and i thought i had it bad by having 3 exams in 2 days.

Decoy, edit my paper.

Can anyone put brawl + on my sd card for me?

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
download the sd package off brawlplus.net itll just replace everything for you

if it has to do with your comp being messed or w.e ill do it for ya,im just worried i might delete some of your stuff by accident,im really bad with computers LOL

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
ok sounds fine

i guess i should bring b+ then? and ill bring my wii so tinman cant tell us what to play:laugh:...decoy got me hooked on b+ :)

SRTM

Smash Ace
50/50 this week. Finally moved into my apartment in Toronto, and I live very close to York now.
But i'm kinda busy, so maybe, maybe not.

.decoy

Smash Ace
that was pretty interesting decoy, you always have interesting posts.

but just in case; "I went to the movies" is appropriate because "I" is the subject.
"No one went to the movies except for me" uses an object pronoun because movies is the subject.

?
"no one went to the movies except for me"

the subject is no one, because that's who is going to the movies.

me,doc,gi,carter,tin,idea anyone im missing>
me, but don't worry, we'll always have wifi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom