• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YGD - As the snow melts, the mighty Dinosaur rises once more!

Best Yoshi Attack

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

i agree with scat, D3 is not a good matchup once they realize yoshis flaws.

Once mistake simply costs you too much damage, and D3 can force you into them, in addition to having far superior mid range tools and killing options.

If you ever rush a kill or go for a not safe kill move (which yoshi really has to do a lot) D3 can get 30+ damage on you.

Depster

Smash Champion
Did we find out that fsmash isn't safe to escape the cg? I don't remember hearing if that worked, though I know I've done it, but it may have been his fault.

bigman40

Smash Master
Did we find out that fsmash isn't safe to escape the cg? I don't remember hearing if that worked, though I know I've done it, but it may have been his fault.
Semi-safe. If he reads it and Fsmashes, you're gonna get hit. He can also shield grab it too. However, a D3 that buffers it right shouldn't be messing it up.

Depster

Smash Champion
Well, I think I'm almost ready for NKv3. Once I get there and get a few good friendlies, I'll be back to what I was before my Wii broke. I'm been trying to get Brawl to work lately and practicing my tech skeelz, but the MU xp I hope I've kept cause I can't practice that well since Wichita goes out of town almost every weekend and doesn't hold weeklies =p

Sharky

Smash Master
i agree with scat, D3 is not a good matchup once they realize yoshis flaws.

Once mistake simply costs you too much damage, and D3 can force you into them, in addition to having far superior mid range tools and killing options.

If you ever rush a kill or go for a not safe kill move (which yoshi really has to do a lot) D3 can get 30+ damage on you.
pick a big stage on them and just run away/throw eggs. They can't do **** about it. If they get like yoshi's or sv or something for neutral you're screwed though. And yeah like sockz said, never try to kill, just let it happen.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Dedede has exceptional QQC options, but can't really implement versatile long distance tactics. A lack of a viable projectile is one of them. We can Nair Waddle Dee's away, and simply shield Gordos.

So, we need to keep our distance, and even though he has much better pressuring options, Yoshi needs to approach patiently with good spacing in mind. Egg spam helps matters.

The ChainGrab is virtually inescapable, most of them mess up the buffering at least once, and we shouldn't really get grabbed if we keep our distance.

Still 60:40 his favour though, for obvious reasons.

D

Deleted member

pick a big stage on them and just run away/throw eggs. They can't do **** about it. If they get like yoshi's or sv or something for neutral you're screwed though. And yeah like sockz said, never try to kill, just let it happen.
Yes they can, they can not suck and learn to powershield.

It takes literally one or two power shields and u they are in mid range.
Its not that hard to do with a projectile like yoshis, tho im not disregarding that running away ad camping is increadibly useful.

They can grab out of back air and pretty much any move on shield, if u retreat u eat an ftilt.

its not fun once they know it :[

Sharky

Smash Master
Yes they can, they can not suck and learn to powershield.

It takes literally one or two power shields and u they are in mid range.
Its not that hard to do with a projectile like yoshis, tho im not disregarding that running away ad camping is increadibly useful.

They can grab out of back air and pretty much any move on shield, if u retreat u eat an ftilt.

its not fun once they know it :[
fail less at camping plzkthx XD

if they just keep powershielding their shield will die down anyway because of the explosion hitbox. And it's not like we can't mix up our defensive play, either. Trust me, we have the options when they are forced to approach.

Metatitan

Smash Master
fail less at camping plzkthx XD

if they just keep powershielding their shield will die down anyway because of the explosion hitbox. And it's not like we can't mix up our defensive play, either. Trust me, we have the options when they are forced to approach.
Nope you're just wrong, sorry.

Yoshi can't get eggs out fast enough to consistently chip away at his shield like you want them to. Not to mention DDD won't have huge trouble getting the grab on almost anyone so don't act like you can avoid it.

D

Deleted member

I smell larger amounts of theorycraft than I myself like to generate.

Impossible.
IM NOT THEORYCRAFTING!

Its not "in theory D3 can PS every egg and then he can get in and ****"
Its "it is very reasonable to power shield many eggs, and even if u dont you shouldnt be taking much damage from them."

If D3 is mid range (as in, waddle dee range) he can run up and if u throw an egg you get punished.

Thats all there is to it, just because many people over there (from what ive seen, i watched jtails' TL get OUTCAMPED by delta lolol) do not know how to deal with yoshi's slightly above average projectile does not make it good.

I beat AC the first time we played, 2nd time he ***** me, 3rd time he beat me because i couldnt kill him.
Like, its really not hard to learn how to deal with yoshis eggs, and close range D3 severely out spaces and FARRR outpunishes yoshi.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
IM NOT THEORYCRAFTING!

Its not "in theory D3 can PS every egg and then he can get in and ****"
Its "it is very reasonable to power shield many eggs, and even if u dont you shouldnt be taking much damage from them."

If D3 is mid range (as in, waddle dee range) he can run up and if u throw an egg you get punished.
Are you... throwing eggs properly? At mid range, they should NOT be powershielding every egg. Ever. And if he's running under the eggs, you're not throwing them well enough to stop an approach. DDD is HUGE. He's easy to hit with eggs. At mid range, you should be able to throw them so they stop an approach, not to hit him. He doesn't move fast enough for running under them to be viable, like Marth.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I mean, I'm only watching and eating some popcorn, but like...

...it's not that hard to powershield eggs. I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say when you're claiming that that powershielding eggs should not be happening.

Metatitan

Smash Master
Are you... throwing eggs properly? At mid range, they should NOT be powershielding every egg. Ever. And if he's running under the eggs, you're not throwing them well enough to stop an approach. DDD is HUGE. He's easy to hit with eggs. At mid range, you should be able to throw them so they stop an approach, not to hit him. He doesn't move fast enough for running under them to be viable, like Marth.
This just invalidated your entire opinion for the matchup. DDD can PS at any distance and so can any other character.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
What I'm saying is, despite the fact that eggs are able to be powershielded, mixing up the arc/distance mess it up. At long range, you're pretty much restricted to one possible egg path. The closer they get, the more possibilities you get. When you're camping, most people powershield in a rhythm. By messing up the rhythm, you mess up the powershield. Most people shield drop immediately after a PS as well, and at mid range it's possible to bounce them off a shield to hit them regardless.

My opinion on the MU comes from my experience with it. As such, it is correct for me, works for me, and applies to me. There's a reason I don't like to share it very often.

D

Deleted member

So dont discuss.
Its not rly theory, and ull be sad once ur D3s actually learn how to powershield eggs on reaction, ie, when they learn to play bawrle =)

Sharky

Smash Master
stocky the only vids you have vs a d3 are old and sucky, get something else out there so we can bawww and say you suck. =P

Metatitan

Smash Master
stocky the only vids you have vs a d3 are old and sucky, get something else out there so we can bawww and say you suck. =P
The little **** has trouble getting replays and even more trouble getting them recorded. Doesn't look like that'll happen for a long long time (let alone getting a matchup specific replay).

D

Deleted member

I cant really get vids.
The only new vid i have is vs hall and not very many people watched it, even tho it was pretty good (and beating a high level snake isnt so bad).

I dont know what to say if a good D3 cant approach yoshi THIS LATE IN BRAWLS LIFESPAN.

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
GENTLEMEN

I'm having a giant Smash extravaganza today, looking like 5 tvs minimum, 5 Wiis, all cramming into my parents' giant house who are gone on a cruise, (DEAL WITH IT, MOM). My own house has like 4 seats total. Need to work on that.

So, hoping to just wreck a bunch of Maine kids and show this lame state who's the BOSS.

Metatitan

Smash Master
GENTLEMEN

I'm having a giant Smash extravaganza today, looking like 5 tvs minimum, 5 Wiis, all cramming into my parents' giant house who are gone on a cruise, (DEAL WITH IT, MOM). My own house has like 4 seats total. Need to work on that.

So, hoping to just wreck a bunch of Maine kids and show this lame state who's the BOSS.
Does the wife approve?

Top Bottom