• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YGD - As the snow melts, the mighty Dinosaur rises once more!

Best Yoshi Attack

• Total voters

auroreon

Smash Ace
his footage and tournament placings are enough to prove hes a proshi. besides if i was wrong, i wouldnt have had a bunch of people rephrase that if you're not a proshi now you arent even close to being one
Popular oppinion is not automatically correct. Oh and also Im not doubting Aces pro status.

bigman40

Smash Master
trust me when u take a look at the video thread or even play these people online just to look at their styles, u realize theres a HUUUUUUUUUUGE gap between proshi and the other yoshi mains
Playing online won't mean ****. You can see my style and it wont' do anything cause of the fact that we can't play at our best. My Yoshi easily is able to take things that people can abuse online, and I'm positive that goes for other proshis.

but ive played u b4 and taken a look at your style. from the looks of it you've got a less evolved "scatz" style
My style isn't like his. he could possibly have my previous style before I began using DR/DT.

My point exactly. I have not uploaded any videos either.
Green Ace barely has any vid up either and many Yoshis don't have recent vids up.
Online matches are pretty meaningless IMO, even minor input lag throws your game off majorly. Wi-fi counts for nothing.

While I agree about online matches (which is why I higlighted it), getting videos should be on each person themselves. Same goes for tourney results.

We're actually quite a bit different.

He jabs a **** ton, I use eggs a **** ton.
We'll see how your style is when we meet at a tourney ;)

his footage and tournament placings are enough to prove hes a proshi. besides if i was wrong, i wouldnt have had a bunch of people rephrase that if you're not a proshi now you arent even close to being one
From this logic, using what I've done[tourney results], and my vids, you can place me as a proshi at the bottom. I've gotten consistent results just from being at 3 tourneys (the one at college doesn't count). Most of the time I've been put out is by the good players here in GA. Sometimes I get put out from doing bad (losing to a random, but it only happened once now), but still, it's consistent for me to get 13th, 7th, and 13th (and I know that once I get a little MU exp, I'll be placing top 10-8 everytime).

^
it is when a bunch of pple are willing to admit that they themselves are not proshies
I say that I'm not a proshi soo much cause I'm a modest person that doesn't want his ego to get over him. Not only that, but I give the credit to the people that have worked more than me in tourneys (Stocky, Bwett, Pride, Ace). All of them are amazing in each of their regions, and they expect the same **** from me. I can very easily turn that around and be a egostatistical ******* on these forums about how I place, and not give props to other Yoshis like I should. Other Yoshi's have placed me up to the top 4, and say that with MU exp and tourney exp, I'll be with them in no time.

Chaco

Never Logs In
My style is **** right now, I'm so out of practice.

Playing Choknater for a while helped some.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Yeah, same with Chok helping me. He knocked the rust off very well.

Having Bwett help me fight Sheik was nice to.

Certified Virus

Smash Rookie
Lol name change.

Man, those Mmac sprites are too good.

Yeah, I'm a *new* person to SmashBoards, but I've always mained Yoshi. I decided to stop lurking and start posting.

D

Deleted member

Proshi is a ******** term haha.
Theres no definition. Its just a nickname given to good yoshis lol, get over it people.
Its a nice pun tho.
I guarentee that once edrees starts playing yoshi more and i show him some yoshi tricks, he will be one of the best if not the best. Scat is obviously amazing, and will pass me up soon, if he hasnt already. Meta will probably be better than me once he stops being stubborn+goes to more offline stuff. Im sure there are other people who are good but dont have the experience to be as good as they can be.

The common misunderstanding is that when you play a low tier, you have to be better than the player playing a high tier to beat them. This is 100% false. Im going even with some socal ranked players who know the matchup decently. Am i better than them. Absolutely not, in fact, some players that i am beating are better than me. I know my matchups well, and i have less options but am using them well, so i am able to win. Playing against a good MK, you can sometimes never be able to read them because they have so many options, but vs yoshi, theres only so many viable options, so im sure if some of these players played me super often, id lose because eventually, they'd know my few options in certain situations, and would be able to act accordingly, whereas with MK, he not only has more options, but much better ones, in almost every situation, which is why hes top tier, and why good players are able to go so far with him.

Yey.
Sorry no footage, it wasnt working :(

Chaco

Never Logs In
I fall into that whole, experience category.

And boo Stocky.

Chaco

Never Logs In
That was MarikYoshi;s alt account, and that's the third one so far.

Chaco

Never Logs In
For going around posting a sprite of Yoshi smoking weed. After being told to stop he continued despite being told not to. After doing it so much he built up enough points.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
...Yeah, we beat the Peach boards in drama now. XD

Patience, Marik. The points will go away soon.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Marik, relax, LOL. IP tracking and such; no need to hide your identity. Just wait until it's over, ROFL.

Take this opportunity to pick up a small hobby while you're away. :D

Airborne

Smash Lord
i get to hack my wii tomorrow, so i can get textures and unlimited replays and brawl+ (for teh lulz when i b bored not for seriousness) and frame data capturing thingies and magical kuh-bleebers! =D

auroreon

Smash Ace
Because I get pissed alot when my left hand gets sweaty. I lose the optimum control I had before my hand gets sweaty. So putting on the glove will keep my grip dry.
I have to actually wash my hands before I play a match, and then wash them again after so many matches... I know, I'm wierd like that.
Also, I'm glad someone else thinks the term 'proshi' is misleading.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
*thinks of somethig that will cause drama*

yoshi is TRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASH!!!!!!!!!!

*sits back and watches the show*

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Stocky you humble me too much! Ill try my best :) I think whether you have to play better than someone else is dependent on the matchups. I don't think you have to outplay Metaknight too much, but if you play Snake I think you have to outplay him like 2:1 as Yoshi. This is becauase of the matchups. When I play Snake as Peach, I only have to slightly outplay him to win. When I play metaknight as Peach, I have to outplay metaknight 4:1 to beat him, that's how I feel.

Poltergust the Yoshi boards have not still yet seen the level drama that's been on the Peach boards :D

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: WOW OKAY EVERYONE LISTEN UP

YO FOR REAL LISTEN UP I'M NOT GONNA SAY IT AGAIN

I have some really frustrating news.

I regretfully announce the passing of the Chicken Bacon Ranch from Subway's $5 Footlong sandwich menu. The time of death is unknown, but everyone who was close to the famous submarine, or CBR as it was amiably known by its friends, was completely shocked by the suddenness of the situation. Wakes are currently being held across the country in mourning for the delight that once reigned as king of submarine sandwiches. A family spokesman, the Chicken Bacon Ranch that costs $7.42, made a public statement earlier today.

"This event has surprised all of us. Nobody saw it coming. I would like to assure everyone, however, that in honor of the efforts of the late $5 footlong CBR, I will be stepping up to assume its duties. I will provide great taste, excellent topping ratios, and overall superior flavor to those seeking to whet their appetite. I will, however, cost a ghastly price and will most certainly not appeal to half the people I did before. I will try my hardest. No guarantees."

Today is a sad day; one for the history books to be sure.

That is all.

Top Bottom