• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YGD - As the snow melts, the mighty Dinosaur rises once more!

Best Yoshi Attack

• Total voters

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Hey Everyone,

We are looking to get your feedback, your thoughts, and better understand you as a member of our community.

Please take a minute to fill out this brief Survey.

Click Here

Thanks! And as a added bonus one ultra lucky grand prize winner will receive 1 Billion Pride Points Paid out in High Fives (Ok haha, this may or may not happen but yeah do the Survey)

D

Deleted member

I know how to make gifs, but no where near mmac's level lol.
Its really hard dude.

.Marik

is a social misfit
I've been infracted two times for the sprite of Yoshi smoking weed. Something about "drug content" and " 13+."

Haha. I lol'd

Metatitan

Smash Master
IMO i think once all the proshies (bwett, green ace, burntsocks, and pride) get recent footage of themselves we should do an analysis on each of their styles, it would not only help them but it would help people learning yoshi to try and incorporate the best features of their styles into their own gameplay

Chaco

Never Logs In
They're all so different though. Even if you took the best from all of them you'd have some weird mix of uber defense and aggro. Which doesn't compute. Lol.

Metatitan

Smash Master
its not about like making some super yoshi lol. its mainly just takng a closer look at all their styles. the peach boards should probly do something like this with edrees' peach lol

SOVAman

Smash Hero
IMO i think once all the proshies (bwett, green ace, burntsocks, and pride) get recent footage of themselves we should do an analysis on each of their styles, it would not only help them but it would help people learning yoshi to try and incorporate the best features of their styles into their own gameplay
I get no respect but that is fine cuz I am thinking about secondarying Yoshi now for fox o.O

Bwett

Smash Ace
I get no respect but that is fine cuz I am thinking about secondarying Yoshi now for fox o.O
I don't see why you get so upset when people don't mention your name. I understand that you think you are good, but without singles results or footage, do you really expect any different? People don't use doubles as a reliable source for skill.

Chaco

Never Logs In
if you think you are a proshi go out and get the footage and tourny results in SINGLES to prove it

edit- omg bwett same response o.O
Look up the vid of him beating Chu Dat.

Not saying he's a Proshi, don't get me wrong. But beating Chu is impressive.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Well, you can't say it's not impressive.

Lil just doesn't enter singles at all anymore. So he really can't have more recent proof. It's up to him to back up what he says though.

bigman40

Smash Master
Well, you can't say it's not impressive.

Lil just doesn't enter singles at all anymore. So he really can't have more recent proof. It's up to him to back up what he says though.
I'm not doubting that it isn't impressive. NONETHELESS, he has to show RECENT 1v1 matches of himself to show that his skill is still top notch. If not videos, then tourney results from singles. W/o something to back you up constantly, you can't make high claims (which is why I suck till I start placing consistently).

Airborne

Smash Lord
scatz you don't necessarily suck.... if anything, you're at that line between an average everyday yoshi and a complete proshi.... actually, you should just be in your own tier..... it's your metagame that develops, but the placings don't change XD

i want to get up to that proshi status, but that would take me beating someone in my circuit.... which means: Overswarm, ook, renegade, kirk, quivo, kel (once he comes back), Samurai Panda, Lain, Anther, Alpha Zealot, Xisin, Bowyer, Judged, Capem-- aww **** you get the point >.<

auroreon

Smash Ace
Don't worry Airborne, I have complete faith that you could beat those players with Yoshi and get good placings in a tough circuit, pure determination and a love of Yoshi is all you need and you will reach your goal eventually.
I'm also aiming to prove myself as a top Yoshi some day, but its hard to get reckognition when your in a small region like the UK but I think our community is actually pretty good over here. I hope to improve my game and get lots of exprience with the top players over here and maybe one day I will be able to get where I wnt to be with Yoshi.

Keep aiming for the top guys =).

Chaco

Never Logs In
Don't worry Airborne, I have complete faith that you could beat those players with Yoshi and get good placings in a tough circuit, pure determination and a love of Yoshi is all you need and you will reach your goal eventually.
Not to be a downer, but this is completely utterly 100% wrong.

Determination and love of a video game character isn't going to beat people like that. You have to work hard at it, and even then Yoshi is still a barely tournament viable character and therefore your odds aren't good. You have to be 5x better than anyone else just to go even. If you want to win 1st place, don't play Yoshi. If you want to have fun, play him. Your going to have to understand. Yoshi is not a 1st place character. Sadly, this is the truth.

auroreon

Smash Ace
Not to be a downer, but this is completely utterly 100% wrong.

Determination and love of a video game character isn't going to beat people like that. You have to work hard at it, and even then Yoshi is still a barely tournament viable character and therefore your odds aren't good. You have to be 5x better than anyone else just to go even. If you want to win 1st place, don't play Yoshi. If you want to have fun, play him. Your going to have to understand. Yoshi is not a 1st place character. Sadly, this is the truth.
I'm completely aware of how viable Yoshi is and the chances of ever placing high with him. But just because we will never actually get first in a proper tournament doesn't thats not what we should be aiming for. I don't think any of us play Yoshi to further the chances of winning, I play him partially for the increased challenge in winning. I know its unlikely I'll ever win, I've accepted that as everyone who plays a low tier character should, but thats not going to stop me from trying and it shouldn't you either.

Metatitan

Smash Master
^
not really, they are about the same on the tier list IMO. they both lack priority, but yoshi helps make up for this with range while sonic makes up for it with speed. the only reason we would get 1st place in a tournament is from people lacking the matchup knowledge, or you're green ace/bwett

auroreon

Smash Ace
We should all be aiming to get to Ace and Bwetts standard, I also think Yoshi has just as much chance as Sonic.

Top Bottom