• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YGD - As the snow melts, the mighty Dinosaur rises once more!

Best Yoshi Attack

• Total voters

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I use to main him on SSB64 but stop using him on Melee and Brawl. I have every Yoshi game and I'm a fan of him but don't pick him in Brawl... should I re-main him? I haven't seen too many good Yoshi players except online and there's only one that's in MI that's really good. I guess I'll try to make Yoshi my 5th or 6th best character in Brawl.

Metatitan

Smash Master
look up footage of bwett and green ace, those are pretty much the best two yoshies (and ironically the only ones with recent footage of themselves)

JOE!

Smash Hero
I disagree 110% so false LOOOOOOOOL

btw Scala I am still the guy that disagrees with everything :D
funny, its straight from Mmac's matchup thread :p

also, why is everyone just saying "lolololol, its wrong!" instead of actually sugesting changes to this list? :p

Chaco

Never Logs In
Mmac's thread was wrong on so many levels, he believed Yoshi went even with everyone.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
look up footage of bwett and green ace, those are pretty much the best two yoshies (and ironically the only ones with recent footage of themselves)
I will. Well, I'll mostly look for some AT's that Yoshi has then I'll try to practice them. Wait... I made a mistake, there's two good Yoshi mains in MI, Scala and PM, I almost for got about PM, lol. =P

Metatitan

Smash Master
was Mmac *really* good with yoshi, or just knew alot about him?

neither really. he did a lot of theorycraft and never actually fought. he only played wifi, beat clouderz online and believed he had more say in the mk matchup than bwett did

SOVAman

Smash Hero
funny, its straight from Mmac's matchup thread :p

also, why is everyone just saying "lolololol, its wrong!" instead of actually sugesting changes to this list? :p
Tbh I don't like how Mmac thought about shiz

and he sucks with match ups looooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Chaco

Never Logs In
I beat Mmac with Wolf when I had hardly ever played Wolf. He blamed a lag spike. I ***** him.

Metatitan

Smash Master
Tbh I don't like how Mmac thought about shiz

and he sucks with match ups looooooooooooooooooooooooooool
Mmac based absolutely everything off of theorycraft. He hardly even did wifi to find out matchup ratios for himself. Because of this, his view on matchups were highly contorted and because of his pride he would not admit this. He was also so determined to make yoshi look good that he continually tried to say the mk matchup was in yoshi's advantage, as if yoshi had the capabilities to do so. Mmac tried to push everything as an even matchup to try and make yoshi middle tier. If we wanna make yoshi middle tier, we have to prove it through tourny results, not matchup discussions.

EDIT:
^
lol lilb my jiggs could 2 stock him easily, he rarely played so his yoshi never progressed. instead of simply saying "i need to improve", he threw a hissy fit (in particular to yoshi going down the tier list) and after a few more times of him showing up, being embarrassed about yoshi's tier placement, he disappeared. this is why i believe he left SWF: yoshi's tier placement. Other theories include him moving to the US and simply not having the time for smash.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Mmac based absolutely everything off of theorycraft. He hardly even did wifi to find out matchup ratios for himself. Because of this, his view on matchups were highly contorted and because of his pride he would not admit this. He was also so determined to make yoshi look good that he continually tried to say the mk matchup was in yoshi's advantage, as if yoshi had the capabilities to do so. Mmac tried to push everything as an even matchup to try and make yoshi middle tier. If we wanna make yoshi middle tier, we have to prove it through tourny results, not matchup discussions.

EDIT:
^
lol lilb my jiggs could 2 stock him easily, he rarely played so his yoshi never progressed. instead of simply saying "i need to improve", he threw a hissy fit (in particular to yoshi going down the tier list) and after a few more times of him showing up, being embarrassed about yoshi's tier placement, he disappeared. this is why i believe he left SWF: yoshi's tier placement. Other theories include him moving to the US and simply not having the time for smash.

QFT

100% fact

Scala

Smash Ace
I will. Well, I'll mostly look for some AT's that Yoshi has then I'll try to practice them. Wait... I made a mistake, there's two good Yoshi mains in MI, Scala and PM, I almost for got about PM, lol. =P
Wwwwait who are you and how do you know me? I haven't been at tourneys for like half a year though I do still pwn with yoshi ;)

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Wwwwait who are you and how do you know me? I haven't been at tourneys for like half a year though I do still pwn with yoshi ;)
I kind of figure you forgot who I was since we haven't Brawled since September. We did random friendlies at that Arbor Hill's tourney and I had a taste of how good your Yoshi is.

Scala

Smash Ace
I've been looking at videos of people playing (bwett and green ace) and I figured this late in the game people would use crouch boosting with yoshi more to speed up their game.

(crouch boosting = when you're landing at an extreme angle you can crouch and gain a speed boost in the opposite direction, maybe it has a different name)

Has there been any new ATs? Do people even bother with the DR anymore?

bigman40

Smash Master
I've been looking at videos of people playing (bwett and green ace) and I figured this late in the game people would use crouch boosting with yoshi more to speed up their game.

(crouch boosting = when you're landing at an extreme angle you can crouch and gain a speed boost in the opposite direction, maybe it has a different name)

Has there been any new ATs? Do people even bother with the DR anymore?
DR? In tourneys? Yeah, I seem to be the only one.

bigman40

Smash Master
Did you manage to find some tourneys down in Georgia? :-O
Yep. got a whole smash scene here of about 30 - 50 ppl. I've placed 13th, 7th, and 13th so far in the only 3 tourneys I've been to so it's going good. Plus, I plan on going to some OoS tourneys too =]

Chaco

Never Logs In
Scat, Air and I will be at tourniea together though.

Dibs on Scat for doubles.

bigman40

Smash Master

Da double dee double di
Da double dee double di
Da double dee double di
Da double dee double di
Da double dee double di
Da double dee double di

I might play pika for dubs man. Yoshi can't cut it for dubs IMO. But I can still play him decently in dubs.

bigman40

Smash Master
W-What!? NO! You can't! What about us teaming up for doubles!? :cry:
I really want to come, but my car still isn't fixed. In order for me to drive it, I'd need it fixed, pass emissions, AND get my tag. Idk how I'ma do it to get there. Maybe I'll attempt to get a ride with someone going there, but then my parents might interfere since they don't know the person. =/ I hate predicaments....

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman
There was one that had him standing on one foot, waving his arms.

There's also these ones that I found:

Mmac for most overrated yoshi from the summer of 08?????
At the same time, though, he did discover a lot of things and did make significant contributions to the community. He posted the grab-release-to-spikes, tested which of Yoshi's moves could stop which projectiles, was one of the main chaingrab testers (iirc) along with lil b, and posted a guide to Yoshi's throws. Those are all in the Yoshi's Big Book thread. He also made the 2nd matchup thread (which, even though it was strongly influenced by his generally very pro-Yoshi matchup analyses, it provided a central forum to discuss the matchups) and a stage counterpick thread (again, a central forum to discuss an important aspect of play that, unfortunately, never really got off the ground). He also made those awesome Yoshi sprites.

Airborne

Smash Lord

Da double dee double di
Da double dee double di
Da double dee double di
Da double dee double di
Da double dee double di
Da double dee double di

I might play pika for dubs man. Yoshi can't cut it for dubs IMO. But I can still play him decently in dubs.
I was planning on using GW anyways.
butbutbutbutbutbutbutbutbutbut..... who am i gonna dubble wif?!?! T_T
who's gonna feed mah dog?!?!?! :058:
awawawawawawawawawawa!

.Marik

is a social misfit
Wow, this thread moves fast, lol.

I found a sweet new sprite of Yoshi smoking weed, that I'm going to use in every single one of my posts, like what Shiri does.

Well, I'm off for school, to waste away the other half of my day. Yayyyy.

bigman40

Smash Master
And now it begins. The Yoshi sprite revolution! Silent Beast will be using Mmac's sprites, and Marik will be the smoker. And I remain a bad Yoshi player =]

Metatitan

Smash Master
I miss Mmac. :'(

eh he was too overpassionate about matchups and made us look like crazy fanboys. itd be nice to have him back but he would need restrictions over how much say he has in matchups

btw someone get the program fireworks (thats what mmac called it) and make some yoshi gifs for us :bee:

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I have Fireworks! =D

...But I have no idea how to use it or how to make a .gif file. Sorry. =(

Top Bottom