• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YGD - As the snow melts, the mighty Dinosaur rises once more!

Best Yoshi Attack

• Total voters

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
It was apparently hit by a car limped to their yard and they brought it inside where "Wolfie" pulled out A sword like the Ninja she is and chopped its head off. (No sarcasm)

Judo777

Smash Master
So my buddy Airborne was talking to me and he told me that yoshi doesn't slip on bananas when egg rolling half of the time. He said they hadn't figured out why and i was in a testing mood. If this is old let me know.

I am always very doubtful in thinking that things are just random so i tried some testing. I have a theory as to why however I am unable to test that theory for myself because i don't have the necessary hacks. However i was able to test something that does support my theory although it obviously doesn't prove it.

I believe that it has to do with yoshi's orientation inside the egg roll that produces his slipping. I would guess that if he were upright in his egg he would slip and if he is upside down he wont because it simulates him being in the air. Sides idk and i dont honestly know if its true but here was what i did find.

If yoshi egg rolls the exact same distance to a banana he will yield the same results everytime. I tested this by having diddy stand on one side of FD (rolled then turned around to get a teeter) then did his short banana lay backward. Then I had yoshi stand on the other side rolling with his back to the ledge, then porceeded to buffer egg roll out of a spot dodge to guarantee i wasn't stepping fwd at all before egg rolling. Every time i did this yoshi would always slip.

I then repeated the process with diddy smash or long banana lay and that distance always resulted in not slipping and traveling right over it. I believe that this does support my theory although i have no way of testing what the actual orientation is ( I would need hacks) but I believe that is it (although i understand i might be wrong it might just have to do with distance and have nothing to do with orientation or time might be a factor idk) just thought i would let you know what i found.

Sharky

Smash Master
I always figured that he just tripped if his feet touched it, so it would make sense that he only trips some of the time because he's rolling around so his feet are only near the ground some of the time.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I think it has more to do with the hurtbubbles inside of the egg. Although we can't see it, Yoshi is rolling along with the egg, so his hurtbubbles are rolling along with him. If his hurtbubble is touching the floor while running over the banana, then he trips. Otherwise he just runs over it.

...Man, we really need that hurtbubble hack. So many things I want people to test... >_<

Sharky, feet have nothing to do with tripping. I'm almost positive that, when a banana is on one of the lower platforms of Battlefield, if King Dedede u-tilts under it he'll still trip.

:069:

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I approve.

I see a Luigi plushie in the background. Too bad that girl's in the way, though.

Actually, it's a Luigi doll. I collect them.

...that's me btw. Haha. And my room is incredibly nerdy. I'd post some pics in here but I think I'd be boring you guys with it.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
You clearly didn't read everyone's response to the first picture. =P
:c

No, go ahead. It's not like there's anything else going on around here lol.

Ah alright Polt, here ya go then:

This is my desk, where I do all my designing, eating...everything:

My super comfy love seat where I fall asleep and junk:

^ yeah I have a Ness hat

Here are the figures you saw!

My bed, with a Koopa Troopa on it (randomly..):

The End

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I have that same lamp! And those same mario/luigi plushies on your couch, but i put them in the back window of my car along with koopa, toad, and of course yoshi in the middle <3

Judo777

Smash Master
I think it has more to do with the hurtbubbles inside of the egg. Although we can't see it, Yoshi is rolling along with the egg, so his hurtbubbles are rolling along with him. If his hurtbubble is touching the floor while running over the banana, then he trips. Otherwise he just runs over it.

...Man, we really need that hurtbubble hack. So many things I want people to test... >_<

Sharky, feet have nothing to do with tripping. I'm almost positive that, when a banana is on one of the lower platforms of Battlefield, if King Dedede u-tilts under it he'll still trip.

Idk if its entirely basedon hurtbubbles. I believe you have to be grounded in order to trip on a banana thats lying on the ground. Otherwise people would trip when touching the banana by jumping through them. Also peach's float makes her touch the banana but she doesnt trip cause shes aerial.

I bet its if ur hurtbubble touches the ground and ur grounded. However conscerned with egg lay you could be right and he might not have a hurtbubble touching the banana all the time or he might not be grounded its a tosss up just thought i would let you guys know tho.

Airborne

Smash Lord
Like I said to Judo last night: does anyone know if we could obtain a hack that just shows Yoshi in motion during the egg roll, as in, WITHOUT the egg? If so, then combined with the hurtbubble hack, we could solve this mystery.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I'm sure someone has a layering hack that turns off shields and other flat-top layers.

I would honestly be surprised if one didn't exist.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Marik, gimme the dates for a Toronto something. I'm still like 20 minutes from the border.

Top Bottom