• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YGD - As the snow melts, the mighty Dinosaur rises once more!

Best Yoshi Attack

• Total voters

Chaco

Never Logs In
I do prefer CoD4.

The only reason I like CoD5 is because of Nazi Zombies. <3

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
It definitely is preference. I like CoD4 better because I can sneak around and remain silent. In Halo I can't do it because of the motion detector, and the crouch movement speed is too slow.

And I suck at Halo. I'm actually pretty good at CoD.

bigman40

Smash Master
The thing about Halo is that there's a different type of sneaking. If you're not playing the serious competitive way, then you'll have the motion detector, and that instantly removes that sneaking feeling. Both games heavily rely on the amount of teamwork that's done, and both games allow comebacks evenly.

The only difference I can truly see in CoD vs Halo is the speed you pretty much move at a fast to slow pace to. Halo is more fast paced while CoD is from fast to slow since you have to keep yourself quite and hidden to secure your spot (dieing is an extremely important factor in it).

Airborne

Smash Lord
CoD 4's mulitplayer is too easy..... played it for a day and went 27 and 3 on overgrown against level 50's with barret 50. cal's against my semi-auto sniper... actually RAN out of ammo... -.- had to pick up one of their pointless sniper's and no-scope people.... perks make the game too easy....

bigman40

Smash Master
CoD 4's mulitplayer is too easy..... played it for a day and went 27 and 3 on overgrown against level 50's with barret 50. cal's against my semi-auto sniper... actually RAN out of ammo... -.- had to pick up one of their pointless sniper's and no-scope people.... perks make the game too easy....
Play the game at a serious level, and it certainly doesn't feel that way lol.

Airborne

Smash Lord
well the game seems like it's trying to be counter-strike, yet failing miserably. i'm just going to stick to PC shooters and L4D right now.....
i mean, it probably does have some sort of good aspect to it involving tactics, but ehh.... i'm not up for it anymore... =\ impossible to find a reliable team these days for anything.... even CS:S or Halo 3...

bigman40

Smash Master
L4D is an okay game. More for gratification, but not in the caliber of CoD or Halo. I enjoy L4D for how fun it is to be either running for your life, or tearing the **** out of your enemies. :)

Also, every one that's saying that CoD is extremely better than Halo, ask yourself this, "Why is Halo one of the main attractions for MLG?" Halo and CoD are both really close to equal, it's preference that matters for those two games.

bigman40

Smash Master
I figured as much lol. I can play both fairly good, but since I don't have a 360 anymore, I don't have my skills in them :( I just find that both games are really equal since they're not too far off from each other despite them having different styles.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
The thing about CoD's ranking system is that you can get any rank just by putting time into the game. Rank doesn't mean as much as it does in Halo. I've had extremely low level players give me a lot of trouble, while 10th Prestige 55's are noobs that run around and go -14. The only thing that rank means in CoD is how much experience the player has had playing, which usually means he won't be THAT bad.

I can find the appeal in Halo, it's just not for me. I think you move too slow in that game. I hate dying and then it take forever to get back to the action or something. Though I love using the Magnum. =]

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: This thread moves fast.

Also, Scala. <3

Also, wow @ "RPGs" that Metatitan listed. I don't think I'll ever honestly respect you, LOL!

CHACO STOP BEING ONE STEP AHEAD

WTF IS JUICE

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
It's all about Turtles in Time.

Remake comin' out soon, and if it ain't as good as the original, just dust off your ol' SNES and play the original.

Or play it on your Wii somehow...

REAL TALK...
:093:

auroreon

Smash Ace
I'ma start posting in this color cause I liek teh blue :)
Erm... lol.

This thread moves far too quickly for my measly forum presence...
But someone mentioned ToS, good man. That game is the ****, great RPG series and really fun battle system. Just a shame that Namco-Bandai are really gay about releasing them, useless localisation and too much multi-platform whoring... I can't afford every darn console released. Stupid enhanced PS3 ToV.

The turtles in time remake is looking SWEET. Now they just need to remake the original NES game. =)

EDIT: Just thought I would mention that SNES = best console of all time. Discuss.

D

Deleted member

Dont hate on meta, shiri, PM 2 is by far the best RPG in existance =)

Top Bottom