• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yasumicon 2009 @ FIU - Miami, FL - July 11- Brawl - See Results Thread!

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I like grabbing people with my jello.
Then bullet seeding them with a Kamehameha.
Plus bugs.
Get hyped!

-!-

Smash Lord
Daam this brings back memories from last year. too good!!! let's see how I place this time around :)

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I like grabbing people with my jello.
Then bullet seeding them with a Kamehameha.
Plus bugs.
Get hyped!

I like freezing people
Then grabbing people, which freezes people
Into a fast attack and then freeze people
And fly on ice which can freeze people.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Wow, how totally convenient. I have to travel with my dad to his office (which is literally a 5-minute walk from the con) at around 8:00 AM, and now I don't have to be bored for 2 hours straight waiting in his office for the con to start! :bee:

:069:

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
-votes for no pools unless there are crazy amounts of tvs-

i think if theres 50 people and less than 5 tv's there shouldn't be pools.

im for pools if its absolutely NESSASARY and we have the TV's granted.

otherwise i really just want this to finish on time saturday -.-

DrGonzoPhD

Smash Rookie
Are the registrations closed now? Will we be able to register at the venue on saturday? Two of my friends registered on the spreadsheet but I see the link is down.

nevershootme

Smash Master
-votes for no pools unless there are crazy amounts of tvs-

i think if theres 50 people and less than 5 tv's there shouldn't be pools.

im for pools if its absolutely NESSASARY and we have the TV's granted.

otherwise i really just want this to finish on time saturday -.-
I have around 12-14 TV's ready... 3 with component cables for LCD tv's (2 from me, 1 from bonesaw) that were provided for me... And so far the attendance listing for singles is gonna hit up to 80 at this rate... (50ish from smashboards and estimated 30-40 from the con...). Not to mention you have 2 other tourneys happening at the same time and pretty much *insert fire marshall johns*

2 years ago at the con was worse... Melee tourney with about 100 people and with 4-6 tv's... and the prize was whack (won by SheikSSBM and SmashMac)... you kids are lucky to jump in this year where real money is given out.
Are the registrations closed now? Will we be able to register at the venue on saturday? Two of my friends registered on the spreadsheet but I see the link is down.
Sign-ups start at 8am. Game room at the con opens at noon... so I have no way of starting the tourney straight up at noon... I'm gonna see if I can open the game room at 11am...

I'm estimating the teams turnout to be 20-30, singles well obviously alot... so... basically pools of 4 people per pool. and with alot of tv's it can be done in 2 hours (1 round of pools only)

I have so much crap to do for tonight it's not funny (accommodating naples people, repairing 2 arcade sticks, finalizing a initial draft of pools.

Master Raven

Smash Master
Wait, I actually do have a question regarding registration...

Do I have to still register in the building even if I did the pre-registration on the online spreadsheet?

nevershootme

Smash Master
The pre reg was for me to know if you're definitely coming so I can put peoples names on tio and make pools in advance. You have not actually paid yet, which is saved for tomorrow at the building. Reminder, its in the pit area by pollo tropical and burger king, I will be there...

edit: BRING SETUPS (WII'S TV'S W/E), I NEED MORE SYSTEMS SERIOUSLY.. BRING IT!!!

SEEMS IT LOOKS LIKE I WON'T BE ABLE TO DO POOLS.... AFTER CONSULTING THE COORDINATOR ABOUT THE TIME IT TAKES... WELL IT AIN'T WORKING OUT WELL...

I WILL ANNOUNCE THE RULES FOR A POSSIBLE EXTRA TOURNAMENT TOMORROW WHILE THE TOURNAMENT IS IN PROGRESS...

I DUNNO, I GUESS IMMA DO MULTIPLE DOUBLE ELIM BRACKETS OR SOMETHING AND BRANCH INTO FINAL BRACKET (LIKE GIGS DOES IT)

edit again: fees are finalized

$5 door (Universal fee)
$10 each tournament (doubles and singles)

Master Raven

Smash Master
It is BYOC.

I'll be leaving at around 11 AM on the spot since my dad's anal about the time and ****, but he's been to FIU a zillion times and **** and it's not much more than half an hour from me so I should make it on time.

-!-

Smash Lord
Daam no pools... :ohwell: can't wait for this.. and thanks 8-Bit for hooking us up :) see you there!

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Hype!!!!!

I really hope we do pools, they're a lot more fun.

EDIT: So, I'm not 100% clear on the situation. Is MK banned or not?

DFEAR

Smash Hero
^ o.o

um also is bringing just a wii (with inf replay hack) alright 8-Bit? o.o does it count towards cutting the doorfee at all?

DFEAR

Smash Hero
its k. ill bring it if u need it :\ i just want to get this tourney done on the day of.

also dont ban mk. hes good for our health.

Emo^Wolf

Smash Journeyman
Yo this is Gato Im with Naples and I main pit anyone want to team for this?? I need a partner anyone have my back?? My pit is beast in teams need a team mate

Top Bottom